Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Shelley, 5, Logan, 25 May 2019, *Uncle Arrested* #5

@BlackCloud Absolutely. If it has happened with so many other killers I have hope it will happen to him. The pain he has inflicted on others will come back tenfold.
--
Tomorrow marks 4 months since little Lizzy's passing.
If you'd like to leave a comment about Lizzy or something that reminds you of her I'd encourage you to do so! I'll start:
--
Despite the horrific details of her case Lizzy has left such a positive impact within my life. I think of her often and it's a reminder for me to slow down and enjoy life as she would have. One of those reminders is rainbows.
The other day I was scrolling through my feed and came across this beautiful picture. I'd like to think that rainbows are Lizzy's way of expressing her happiness and love upon this Earth from up above.
Rest in peace sweet angel.
upload_2019-9-24_20-45-49.png

Lizzy,I will think of you each and every time I see wildflowers along the road,a rainbow in the sky or a butterfly flying by,I will smile a sad smile and think of the amazing woman you would have one day become,and I will always urge anyone I know to #LiveLikeLizzy.
Rest well sweet girl.Xx

I have just read the Salt Lake Tribune article and I am so angry I could scream!! How DARE Shannen Demler stand in that courtroom in front of Lizzys family and say that Whipple also did something good by giving up the location of Lizzys body,saying that he wanted to end his sisters pain by telling LE where he had left Lizzy like it was out of concern for his sister,or respect for Lizzy,or out of any sense of remorse. He waited 5 days and made a deal to save his skin with the only bargaining chip he had,and for Demler to suggest otherwise and try to use it as an influence in court is nothing short of a disgrace,it is bad enough that he has tried to gain sympathy for Whipples childhood as an extenuating circumstance but this is beyond disrespectful, to Lizzys memory, to her family and the whole community who grieve for Lizzy. I dont know how he sleeps at night!!:mad::(

Your mom so loved you Lizzy, it is obvious in everything she and all who loved you have done. I find her a class act in how she handled what has to be the hardest thing any mother could ever go through. She has honored you in every way she can. You should be here holding and playing with your baby sister.

I often cannot sleep at night and when I cannot I sit on the deck and look at the sky and you come to mind when I see stars or the moon. And all of us did not even know you. A rainbow during the day? Oh my everyone here and so many elsewhere who followed this case will have you always come to mind when seeing one.

Your short little life had a great impact--for me I think of this:

Life is too short, take time to stop and smell the roses. You Little Girl--You--You reminded many of us of this.

Always fly high Little One.

I will give it some time to temper my tongue but I too read the article and have something to say to the murderer. I held it and honored Lizzy first. It is coming though at some point when I can keep it within TOS.

Evil, vile, despicable, spawn of Satan, sick and twisted.

While I can sometimes find sympathy or some for someone who grew up with a tough life, not for you. By the way, many people have or did have very hard lives and do not and have not committed acts like this.

I can understand why your own sister could not be in the same courthouse much less room with you and she, if anyone, I imagine knows better than us your childhood.

She invited you to her home and YOU DID THIS to HER CHILD, YOUR NIECE.

It sounds like not only did you engage in one depraved act but several--murderer, predator, molestor!

Forgiveness?? If that is something her mother can do, she is stronger than I am.

That poor little girl.

You are deplorable and heinous.

I am out of words for the moment that are within rules.

Pleading guilty makes you no less a monster but at least only a few details are known this way and family does not have to go through a years long trial proces as well.

Rant/vent over. Jmo.

Well, I think this is one of the last times I will visit this thread now that the hearing is over.
Part of me feels guilty and so empty leaving something behind which I have spent so much time on the last 4 months.

I have to remind myself that Lizzy will still be in my heart just as much as the first day I spoke her name.
My heart will still be just as heavy.
Tears will still come to my eyes.
May 25th will forever be in my mind.
But I will remember more so the beautiful impact of Lizzy's life, every time I see a rainbow or butterfly.
I would like to leave you all with an excerpt from her obituary, a reminder of why we should always live like Lizzy.

Thank you so much to you all for being here. For transcribing the scanner with me, for listening to my heated rants, to speaking of this little girl's legacy with me. I will forever be grateful for you <3
--
"Lizzy made the world a more beautiful place. She could often be found picking flowers, cleaning up litter she would find, or protecting worms. Our sweet girl wanted to share her love with people she knew, and even those she didn't. Lizzy would often blow kisses to ambulances as they drove by, something she learned from her mom, who thought people in the ambulances needed the love."
--
Rest in peace sweet angel.

Alex Whipple sentenced to life in prison without parole for murdering Lizzy Shelley

Sept 24, 2019

LOGAN — Months after sexually assaulting and killing Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley and burying her body behind a home in downtown Logan, Alex W. Whipple was sentenced to life in prison without parole. The 22-year-old Providence man showed little emotion as he was told that he will never be released.

Whipple was sentenced in 1st District Court Tuesday afternoon. He previously pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, a capital offense; along with felony child kidnapping, rape of a child, and sodomy of a child.

Judge Kevin Allen said the terror which Whipple inflicted on Lizzy, her family and the community was incomprehensible. He acknowledged that the defendant had an abusive childhood but explained that it couldn’t justify the horror caused to an innocent child.

[...]

“Mr. Whipple, the time has come for you to begin to pay what you did,” said Judge Allen. “You will never see the light of day. You will never breathe free air again. I am genuinely sorry for you. This tragedy touches everyone, even you. What you did was so abhorrent and vile that you must spend the rest of your life in prison, away from the victims, and away from this community that you unspeakably terrorized.” bbm

Lizzy’s mother, Jessica Black did not attend her brother’s sentencing. She held a press conference immediately afterwards, thanking the community for their support during the past several months.

[...]

Later outside the historic Cache County Courthouse, Jessica Black and her husband Detrich Black, released more than a dozen butterflies into the air, surrounded by family and law enforcement members.

Alex Whipple sentenced to life in prison without parole for murdering Lizzy Shelley

Sept 24, 2019

LOGAN — Months after sexually assaulting and killing Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley and burying her body behind a home in downtown Logan, Alex W. Whipple was sentenced to life in prison without parole. The 22-year-old Providence man showed little emotion as he was told that he will never be released.

Whipple was sentenced in 1st District Court Tuesday afternoon. He previously pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, a capital offense; along with felony child kidnapping, rape of a child, and sodomy of a child.

Judge Kevin Allen said the terror which Whipple inflicted on Lizzy, her family and the community was incomprehensible. He acknowledged that the defendant had an abusive childhood but explained that it couldn’t justify the horror caused to an innocent child.

[...]

“Mr. Whipple, the time has come for you to begin to pay what you did,” said Judge Allen. “You will never see the light of day. You will never breathe free air again. I am genuinely sorry for you. This tragedy touches everyone, even you. What you did was so abhorrent and vile that you must spend the rest of your life in prison, away from the victims, and away from this community that you unspeakably terrorized.” bbm

Lizzy’s mother, Jessica Black did not attend her brother’s sentencing. She held a press conference immediately afterwards, thanking the community for their support during the past several months.

[...]

Later outside the historic Cache County Courthouse, Jessica Black and her husband Detrich Black, released more than a dozen butterflies into the air, surrounded by family and law enforcement members.
Good. It's what he deserves. :mad: Thanks for the news!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back