AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed> not every parent has their eye on their child at all times. It's certainly not uncommon to let your kids play 30-50 yards away from you.

It's also not uncommon to be focused on something else for 10 or 15 minutes and not notice right away that the child is out of sight.

I see parents all the time engaged in conversation with each other while their kids are playing nearby and nobody is paying attention to the kids.

This mom did nothing different than what many other parents do.
Nobody expects their child to disappear within 10 minutes.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of dirt paths/roads all over that park.
Add to that a lake, a pond and a river. I suppose there are drop-0ffs near the waters edge for seclusion.

I’ve seen videos of the paths on YouTube looking up bridgeton park.

NOW we are getting somewhere. There are a number of roads that connect 55, 40 and eventually with the NJ TP. We have egress points into Delaware, Philly and NY. Put your head into the actors. Which gives you a better escape route without LE stopping you? Awesome Rosiebones! Can we get a snip of this saved with markers on the spot Dulce went missing so we can figure out where the actor might have parked and the route he may have taken on foot?
This suspect likely had a small head start so probably hard to expect that LE would have been looking for him as he was getting away/leaving the area. And it was another day before the Amber alert was issued. But, I can tell you, I live around here, and the State LE are always patrolling 55 and 40. And there are cameras. These are main routes to the Jersey Shore and AC (south on Rt 55 and east on Rt 40). To leave NJ, unless the vehicle was driven way north on back roads and non-toll roads all the way to NY state or North of Trenton and along the upper Delaware River into PA, there are bridges to cross and tolls booths to navigate. Near the lower shore area in Cape May, there is a ferry crossing to to Delaware.

If suspect is also from around here, he would know there are a myriad of back roads, 2-lane highways, even dirt roads into and around the Pinelands. I don't think, in that case, the fellow would have any trouble getting away. JMO

Jeddy's Pond is part of this "raceway", though nothing definite about whether it was also drained. Personally, I find it hard to believe that the dive teams and or the draining of the waterways through and around Bridgeton City Park did not include that pond. It's pretty close to the playground area.

"Police have repeatedly scanned the park by ground, air and water this week. The effort has included K-9s, dive teams and the park’s historic “raceway” that carries water from Sunset Lake was drained earlier this week.

It was unclear what prompted the renewed effort to search the park’s wooded areas on Friday. Police and volunteers canvassed the park and adjacent properties extensively in days following Dulce’s disappearance. The search included the use of aircraft and thermal imaging."

Police launch large-scale search of N.J. park where 5-year-old Dulce Alavez went missing

Many of you have children. Some things that help a LOT. Always have a recent picture of your children. Keep a pair of their old sneakers in a box, replace them with a newer old pair when you purchase new sneakers. Take a bath towel and fold it up thick, put a piece of tin foil on it and have your child step on it. One for each foot. From that we know what your child looks like, what the wear patterns on their shoes look like and what the size of their foot is. Some parents like having fingerprints, others do not. To each his own on that point. Having a list of personality traits, likes and dislikes, medication needs etc helps LE and SAR a LOT. Pray you never need to use all that, but if you do, it saves tons of time and time is the biggest factor.

There are a lot of dirt paths/roads all over that park.
Add to that a lake, a pond and a river. I suppose there are drop-0ffs near the waters edge for seclusion.

I’ve seen videos of the paths on YouTube looking up bridgeton park.
Yes, looking at Hudsonnotary's color coded map in the last thread, I think the van was parked somewhere near the secluded area in white.

This is on the opposite side of where the mom was parked, and there are many different ways he could have gone. (In black)

He could have driven somewhere alone the treeline (I doubt very much there are cameras there) or either direction on a back road.

I don't think he entered or exited on the main path into the park, which was probably the way the SUV went and that's why it was captured on camera.

They obviously don't have the van on camera where he was parked, or LE would have been able to see the abduction themselves.

He could have left on that road in back of the buildings, and from there continued on to a back road and a secluded area.

IMO

Ms Betsy. Thanks for alerting me to Hudsonnotary's color coded map. We should probably have a copy of it in every thread for reference and update it with potential vehicle dump sites, potential search areas and egress points/roads. Might be worth having a different no discussion thread with photographs, maps, etc. for reference.

That explains not seeing it. I guess it came in through a different entrance and wasn’t caught on video in the park. I hope they’ve looked.
He may have come in and gone out along the main park road (from the north/past the zoo. Mostly wooded areas there and no homes or buildings. Then turn in on Babe Ruth Drive, that runs into Burt St, where the buildings referenced by Dulce's little brother stand.

The SUV was caught on Burt ST and turning right (north) onto N West St when leaving. My hunch is the security camera video may have come from the elementary school along Burt. Thus the reason the suspicious red van was not also seen on this camera footage.

Most of this area consists of sports fields for the school district use.

This suspect likely had a small head start so probably hard to expect that LE would have been looking for him as he was getting away/leaving the area. And it was another day before the Amber alert was issued. But, I can tell you, I live around here, and the State LE are always patrolling 55 and 40. And there are cameras. These are main routes to the Jersey Shore and AC (south on Rt 55 and east on Rt 40). To leave NJ, unless the vehicle was driven way north on back roads and non-toll roads all the way to NY state or North of Trenton and along the upper Delaware River into PA, there are bridges to cross and tolls booths to navigate. Near the lower shore area in Cape May, there is a ferry crossing to to Delaware.

If suspect is also from around here, he would know there are a myriad of back roads, 2-lane highways, even dirt roads into and around the Pinelands. I don't think, in that case, the fellow would have any trouble getting away. JMO

All very true zecats. I have roamed the pine barrens quite a bit and it is nagging at the back of my mind that it is a great place to hide out and very difficult to search. If you think about how thick the woods are around Double Trouble State Park, heck, in some areas you can't fit between the trees....takes a hour to go 100 yards. If you know the back and dirt roads, could you mark the most probable ones on a snip of Google earth?

All very true zecats. I have roamed the pine barrens quite a bit and it is nagging at the back of my mind that it is a great place to hide out and very difficult to search. If you think about how thick the woods are around Double Trouble State Park, heck, in some areas you can't fit between the trees....takes a hour to go 100 yards. If you know the back and dirt roads, could you mark the most probable ones on a snip of Google earth?
Funny you should ask. I just drove home from the Shore this morning and was thinking about Dulce looking at the dirt roads through the Pine Barrens along Route 347. Along this route (near and around Belleplain State Park and Forest area), there are lots of dirts roads that lead off and reconnect in other places. Once I did use a map to see if it was possible to navigate them, and was actually surprised how they all do crisscross and actually lead somewhere. A good 4-wheel drive type vehicle would be recommended though, I'd say.

From Route 47 (Delsea Drive) there are also back roads that lead into the Maurice River Wildlife areas. I'll try to pull up a map for you..

From Bridgeton, these would be the areas of most seclusion heading east and south. IMO.

Here is the area. Check out all the green (State Forests, aka Pine Barrens, etc):
Google Maps

Ms Betsy. Thanks for alerting me to Hudsonnotary's color coded map. We should probably have a copy of it in every thread for reference and update it with potential vehicle dump sites, potential search areas and egress points/roads. Might be worth having a different no discussion thread with photographs, maps, etc. for reference.
Yes, it really helps to get an idea of the area and discuss possible scenarios.
I don't know how to link, but it's in thread 2 and I think it's # 5.

I was born in Bridgeton, grew up in Vineland and now live in Pittsgrove. Dulce could be anywhere. It's easy to get right across the state or out of state, or hunker down here in a myriad of ways. If we had any hints about the suspect, it might be easier to narrow down.

I'm starting to think the only hope is that someone suspects someone they know and turns them in.

Click on the number, ie #5 and copy the url that will then show up.
AMBER ALERT - NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2"]NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2[/URL]
Thank you! I still need to learn how to do all that stuff. I have only had access to the internet for about a year and my daughter is better at tech and computers than I am but she doesn't have the patience to show me how to do it. She had to tell me what an url was.
I'm not even sure I can do it with my phone.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It's too bad we don't live in a world where we don't have to constantly worry about our kids.

Although it's rare, a child can be abducted in minutes. I can't imagine what this family is going through.
I don't know why there has not been an update. The silence from LE is very disturbing.

IMO

Around here people often sit in their cars while their kids play in the park. There are several parks in my area that parents do this so it isn't strange to me. Other posters in my area agreed...it's not abnormal in our area.

The 8 year old was doing homework in the car. Seems like Noemi would take the kids off of her parents hands and take them to this park regularly. Maybe that day the 8 year old was in trouble or behind and mom said "she can go but she has to finish this before she plays." Instead of driving back home to pick her up when she was done she decided to just her do it in the park.

My kids at 3 years old could find my car. I don't think the 3 year old was confused and hysterical about his sister. He doesn't understand a kidnapping. He was upset about his ice cream.

<modsnip>

The three year old came back crying and had dropped his ice cream on the ground.
That sounds to me like he had just seen something that scared him.

The family was familiar with the park. I don't think a three year old would have a problem finding the car, especially if that's where she often parked. It was only about 50 yards away from the swings.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members