Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think LE would have ripped up the floorboards, examining the crime scene more thoroughly, using different chemicals to look for blood evidence, or look in all the places that KK mentioned she left blood in, if it were not for her giving them all that information.

It was all the blood evidence found in the condo that led them to believe Kelsey was murdered.

IMO

The dates ARE very confusing:

1. LE searched the condo from Thursday December 6 through Wednesday December 12, 2018.
(SW 18-106, Report of Execution)
2. The FBI first interviewed KKL in Las Vegas on Friday December 14, 2018. In the Arrest Affidavit, Attachment A, Page 5, Item 34. LE summarized this interview as:
"During this interview, in short, L** provided materially false and misleading information during that recorded interview."
3. On Monday December 17, 2018 during a confrontation at KK's residence, she agreed to make a statement, but not at that time. (Arrest Affidavit, Attachment A, Page 5, Item 43)
4. On Thursday December 20, 2018 KK did give a statement, in Colorado Springs. (Arrest Affidavit, Attachment A, Page 7, Item 60)
5. On Friday December 21 , 2018 PF was arrested, and KKL visited KB's condo, the franchette, and the Nash ranch barn, while giving a running statement to CBI Investigator Greg Slater, in five hours. She told Inspector Slater that she had deliberately left blood spatter in certain areas, for them to find. (Sam Kraemer courtroom tweets, February 19, 2018 @2:04 pm)
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...ofinterest/2018CR330/002/18-106 Execution.pdf
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...lication and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

1. LE searched the condo from Thursday December 6 through Wednesday December 12, 2018.

If I recall correctly -- the search on December 6 followed the photo CB sent to LE on Dec 5 depicting blood evidence in KB's bathroom.

WPPD had already released the crime scene without discovering ANY of the blood evidence later provided by CB and KK. bbm

IMO, LE was sloppy with this search because they were not looking for a crime here -- they believed PF that KB was not missing involuntarily but that she left on her own.

2. The FBI first interviewed KKL in Las Vegas on Friday December 14, 2018. In the Arrest Affidavit, Attachment A, Page 5, Item 34. LE summarized this interview as:
"During this interview, in short, L** provided materially false and misleading information during that recorded interview."
3. On Monday December 17, 2018 during a confrontation at KK's residence, she agreed to make a statement, but not at that time. (Arrest Affidavit, Attachment A, Page 5, Item 43)
4. On Thursday December 20, 2018 KK did give a statement, in Colorado Springs. (Arrest Affidavit, Attachment A, Page 7, Item 60)
5. On Friday December 21 , 2018 PF was arrested, and KKL visited KB's condo, the franchette, and the Nash ranch barn, while giving a running statement to CBI Investigator Greg Slater, in five hours. She told Inspector Slater that she had deliberately left blood spatter in certain areas, for them to find. (Sam Kraemer courtroom tweets, February 19, 2018 @2:04 pm)
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/18-106 Execution.pdf
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/Application and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf
Thank you. That helps put everything in perspective.

So it looks like the search of the home was completed before she gave her account.

I do wonder if LE ever believed her claim that she purposely left clues for them to find. I know I certainly don't.

If I recall correctly -- the search on December 6 followed the photo CB sent to LE on Dec 5 depicting blood evidence in KB's bathroom.

WPPD had already released the crime scene without discovering ANY of the blood evidence later provided by CB and KK. bbm

IMO, LE was sloppy with this search because they were not looking for a crime here -- they believed PF that KB was not missing involuntarily but that she left on her own.

Totally agree, they bought PF’s lies at the time, and that led to them missing evidence.

He painted this picture of an erratic, depressed alcoholic, who may have taken off and hurt herself.

Nice try.

So, you’ve probably all discussed it to death, but did KK deliberately leave the blood stains in order to be able to keep PF from killing her too? She’d Would have a card up her sleeve, so to speak?

What are your guesses about that? That’s the only thing I can think of.

Well, my birthday's in October. There's that.

October is the most common month for birthdays.

Happy New Year!

I'll one up you! Mine is October 28th :p:D:rolleyes: And, all I want for my birthday is for the show to begin!!

And mine is October 23rd, and I am wishing for the same birthday present. ;)

A Very Happy Early Birthday to You, and to all Others celebrating October birthdays!

View attachment 206374

Please pass the garlic mashers!

Happy early birthday to you all. Let's not forget that Baby K's birthday is also in October. :(
I almost hope for a delay so she won't have to grow up and find out that her father went to prison for murdering her mother close to her 2nd birthday. She should be blowing out birthday candles with her Mama every year instead of watching a trial. But I guess it's a somewhat moot point since PF effectively ruined every holiday for Baby K forever when he murdered Kelsey on Thanksgiving Day. Baby K will never have another birthday or holiday with Kelsey. She'll never know her Mom, except through the memories of her grandparents and uncle. Poor baby will grow up hurting and missing her mom no matter when the trial happens. So I will join you all in hoping that Justice is her birthday present too. MOO.

So, you’ve probably all discussed it to death, but did KK deliberately leave the blood stains in order to be able to keep PF from killing her too? She’d Would have a card up her sleeve, so to speak?

I don’t buy it, just like I don’t buy her claiming that she turned her and Kelsey’s phone on at the same time, so law enforcement would be able to track them.

She basically claimed that she wanted law enforcement to figure this out, but then proceeded to lie to the FBI about the whole thing.

Those words don’t jibe with her behavior.

I think she was sloppy in regards to the blood, and knew she had left some behind. She tried to spin that into being an intentional act for noble purposes.

I do think she knew it was there though, as she apparently pointed it out to law enforcement.

The occupancy of the franchette dates from 1996. People often have fires on occupied mountain land in Colorado. If they want to get a fire going quickly, people will often use an accelerant. If they throw the marshmallow bag in the fires after making smores, the result will be a small residue of black plastic in the dirt. PF attended farrier classes in the fall of 2006 and the spring of 2007, since that time, he was employed as a farrier. Horse shoes are often heated to a high temperature in order to reshape them to a desired fit. One might imagine that PF, as a farrier, often reshaped horse shoes with an open flame, fueled by accelerants, in the corral area of the franchette.
I think the physical evidence of a bonfire to back KK's story depends on being able to separate the physical evidence from the category of generic evidence of a fire, to more specific evidence of a criminal act. This would seem to be largely dependent on laboratory testing of the plastic, soil and accelerant recovered.
As always, it Just my opinion. JMO

Strangely, I tend to believe her on this particular note since she went there with LE and pointed them out. IIRC, somewhere there's an article that mentions a photo taken of her doing so. MOO

Last edited:

I don't see a reason to rip up floorboards if they were trying to prove that she left town, but I also don't see any time before PF's arrest where KK gave any input into the search. Just trying to keep the perspective here. IMO

Thank you. That helps put everything in perspective.

So it looks like the search of the home was completed before she gave her account.

I do wonder if LE ever believed her claim that she purposely left clues for them to find. I know I certainly don't.

I don't either and doubt the jury will because they weren't clues that LE "found" until KK told them about them.

JMO

I believe she planted the blood to mislead LE into believing the condo is the crime scene.

JMO

I don't either and doubt the jury will because they weren't clues that LE "found" until KK told them about them.

JMO

That doesn’t matter. What matters is law enforcement found evidence exactly where she said it would be.

Her intentions don’t make that evidence go away.

The occupancy of the franchette dates from 1996. People often have fires on occupied mountain land in Colorado. If they want to get a fire going quickly, people will often use an accelerant. If they throw the marshmallow bag in the fires after making smores, the result will be a small residue of black plastic in the dirt. PF attended farrier classes in the fall of 2006 and the spring of 2007, since that time, he was employed as a farrier. Horse shoes are often heated to a high temperature in order to reshape them to a desired fit. One might imagine that PF, as a farrier, often reshaped horse shoes with an open flame, fueled by accelerants, in the corral area of the franchette.
I think the physical evidence of a bonfire to back KK's story depends on being able to separate the physical evidence from the category of generic evidence of a fire, to more specific evidence of a criminal act. This would seem to be largely dependent on laboratory testing of the plastic, soil and accelerant recovered.
As always, it Just my opinion. JMO
Snipped and BBM below:
Getting rid of the body in Florissant

Frazee moved Berreth’s body from her home in a black plastic tote, according to the affidavit. He drove to Nash Ranch in Park County on Nov. 22 and, using a tractor, placed the bag on top of a haystack.

In the afternoon or early evening of Nov. 24, Frazee and Kenney moved the tote from the ranch and drove it in his pickup back to his home in Florissant. Between 5:01 p.m. and 6:14 p.m., cell phones from both of them, as well as Berreth’s phone, pinged off a cell tower outside Cripple Creek, which is about 30 minutes south of Florissant.

Kenney told investigators that Frazee put the tote and other items from the house in a large trough — one that could hold about 100 gallons. Using motor oil and at least five gallons of gasoline, Frazee set the tote on fire.

Affidavit details events leading up to Berreth’s death

I honestly think KK thought they (PF and her) would get away with this crime and live happily ever after. She had the dirt on him and he would be forever in her debt, but she was also smart enough to keep an ace up her sleeve JIC.

MOO

I believe she planted the blood to mislead LE into believing the condo is the crime scene.

JMO

The plan was to get away with murder. Planting evidence is the exact opposite of making it appear that Kelsey went off and killed herself.

Those phone records with fake texts and phone calls, make it clear that was the goal.

Logically, it makes no sense.

Practically, how does one even go about doing that:

Where did the blood come from?

How did she generate blood splatter and get it under the floorboards?

Why did she clean it up so well that law enforcement initially missed it?

Why did she want to implicate herself in a crime?

Why did she want to ruin her life?

This makes sense on no level.

No, I don't think she thought that far ahead. She doesn't strike me as much of a complex thinker.

She was probably still blinded by love at that point.

The plan was to get away with murder. Planting evidence is the exact opposite of making it appear that Kelsey went off and killed herself.

Those phone records with fake texts and phone calls, make it clear that was the goal.

Logically, it makes no sense.

Practically, how does one even go about doing that:

Where did the blood come from?

How did she generate blood splatter and get it under the floorboards?

Why did she clean it up so well that law enforcement initially missed it?

Why did she want to implicate herself in a crime?

Why did she want to ruin her life?

This makes sense on no level.
Don't forget the ceiling. I think at one time it was actually suggested that the blood came from a tampon. Please, let's not go there again... :eek: MOO

Other than using the claim of abuse to K to gain custody from KB parents, which is an irrelevant point in regards to the grandparents, why does it matter now if he isn't so called guilty of murder. I mean what does if he need a reason for if he is innocent which I don't believe.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, haven't had coffee yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes