TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's your opinion, okay. But she didn't shoot him accidentally. She sat on stand and said she shot him to kill him.

Of course she admitted that. She thought it was her apartment and he was an intruder.

Th defense is trying to explain to the judge why this guy should be able to testify. I don't think she is going to allow it in. That would actually be good for the defense, IMO.

I feel silly for not realizing all this wasn't in front of the jury!

She did not shoot him accidentally.
Yes she did.

In her mind, he was a threat.

This all goes back to what she was feeling at the time.
Was it an accident that she took her gun out of its holster? An accident that she raised it and aimed it at his center mass? An accident that she pulled the trigger?

Yes she did.

In her mind, he was a threat.

This all goes back to what she was feeling at the time.

She did not shoot him accidentally. She shot him on purpose. This trial is to determine if it was reasonable. The fact that she shot him on purpose, is not even in question.

An accidental shooting is when you are cleaning a gun and it goes off. It's not when you aim and fire.

Says he walked into the wrong apartment and a woman was sitting on the couch, got scared. Good thing for him she wasn't packing.
I don't think she knew him or had any kind of relationship with him. I believe it's possible she was mistaken and went to the wrong floor. That part is not unreasonable. I'll give her that much. But I think once she got to the door everything that followed was due to her gun-slinging, take no prisoners, this is Texas and we shoot em first and let God sort them out attitude. If she was truly in fear when she got to the door she wouldn't have gone in. Point blank! I think she was desperate for Rivera's attention, I think she has no empathy, I think she's a wannabe tough gal, I think she joined LE so she can exert authority over others and have power over others. That's what her behavior demonstrates. Total disregard for human life, total indifference for others' safety, and a high high degree of selfishness. These are the common traits of all the high profile criminal cases that are discussed on this site. She's no different.

BBM, good points.

I can only add that grief goes through stages. I'm not defending the sexting days after his death, just putting it out there there that there are stages and each individual will go through denial, anger, grief, sadness, acceptance, etc. at his/her own pace. I've never shot someone accidentally. But I've witnessed weird coping mechanisms over the years and have learned weird reactions are more common than not.
I agree this is true.

I'm new to this case so I'm reading rather than commenting but just came across the comments about CPR and felt it important to say; CPR needs to be performed immediately, a patient in cardiac arrest will die within in minutes. If you don't feel comfortable performing rescue breaths, chest compressions alone can still be life saving (although both is better).

If you perform CPR on a person incorrectly you might injure them but if you withhold CPR from someone who needs it they will most certainly die. When a person is in cardiac arrest any CPR is better than no CPR. Please always try, you can't make the patient any more dead but you might save their life.

Further to this, I don't know about US police but all police officers in the UK are fully trained in life saving skills. If this is the case in the US, I don't know why she would not have used those skills to the best of her ability. If I thought I had accidentally harmed someone i would be desperate to save their life.

Judge is questioning testimony of one of the expert witnesses. Says their testimony is confusing, wrt the trajectory of the shots. Talking about Ranger Adcock (?)

WATCH: Defense continues calling witnesses in trial of Amber Guyger

JMO, there shouldn't be any confusion about where Jean was standing/crouching when he was shot. It was where he died. Are the defense experts trying to confuse this issue? I think so.

Dr Gwinn (gave his opinion of the pathway), Mr Hayes (testified today that he can't tell). Similar objects may have a similiar trajectory.

ETA: Just noticing the WFAA article summarizing today's testimony seems very slanted in favor of Ms. Guyger. JMO No mention of the important points the prosecution raised and information they made her reveal. No mention of anything brought up by prosecution, only that she cried during testimony and that she wanted to become a police officer because she wanted to help people.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member