Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder though, why someone would do illegal (sex) things in broad daylight in an area, which is known to be a place for crowds of teenager/druggies/hikers/walkers/hunters/collectors? Didn't he have a car? Couldn't he have waited for less daylight? (Too many appointments?)
I like the idea of the poor girls, having observed something, which would have crashed BG's reputation in certain circumstances. After all, that would be a real (evil) motive at least, which one could contemplate. Without this possibility (observing illegality), I can't imagine a motive (except: "not quite right in his head" - and this would be much too easy).
I live near (and regularly walk in) a state forest. During my time living here, the state police have run two sting operations where this type of activity was happening in broad daylight....catching quite a few culprits, some of which were high profile (a minister, among others.)

Those operations about a decade ago apparently cleaned things up. I started walking there about 2 years ago. When I ran into a game commission cop last year, he assured me that this activity has pretty much been curtailed. I haven't notice anything other than one hinky guy at a trail head who was probably looking for something like that. I sped on along and got way ahead of him. He probably waited in place a little bit before giving up.

You know, I can add a thought to this wondering. In our county we have a gravel pond near an overpass on Interstate 65. Everyone calls it Boone's Pond. It is surrounded by trees and heavy foliage. It can not be seen from I65 as you travel. Anyway, as a kid we fished there often.
When I was in college a local dentist was arrested one afternoon for meeting up with an undercover policeman at this ponds outdoor bathroom for sex. It was brought to all of our attention that this bathroom was a hotspot for encounters. It was sad, because he was married with kids my age. I'd never take my kids there now to fish, as a couple of deaths have occurred relating to overdoses or fights.
So, yeah things do happen in daylight.

Interesting observation.

I don't believe that witnessing drug-related illegal activity would even be an issue these days. But what if the trails/park/toilet were used by someone for a rendez-vous of the type that you have described? And the girls witnessed it? (A crime it is not, but might break someone's career). This could explain why the words "guys" and "down the hill" sound as if they were pronounced by different people.

You know, I can add a thought to this wondering. In our county we have a gravel pond near an overpass on Interstate 65. Everyone calls it Boone's Pond. It is surrounded by trees and heavy foliage. It can not be seen from I65 as you travel. Anyway, as a kid we fished there often.
When I was in college a local dentist was arrested one afternoon for meeting up with an undercover policeman at this ponds outdoor bathroom for sex. It was brought to all of our attention that this bathroom was a hotspot for encounters. It was sad, because he was married with kids my age. I'd never take my kids there now to fish, as a couple of deaths have occurred relating to overdoses or fights.
So, yeah things do happen in daylight.
Now that you told your story I admit I was thinking for quite sometime if the girls possibly knew BG not in disguise and possibly observed him having some type of relations with another male. Others see a drug connection and I've thought of this take on it too. Could he have been worried about a double life? Just moo of another take on it.

I live near (and regularly walk in) a state forest. During my time living here, the state police have run two sting operations where this type of activity was happening in broad daylight....catching quite a few culprits, some of which were high profile (a minister, among others.)

Those operations about a decade ago apparently cleaned things up. I started walking there about 2 years ago. When I ran into a game commission cop last year, he assured me that this activity has pretty much been curtailed. I haven't notice anything other than one hinky guy at a trail head who was probably looking for something like that. I sped on along and got way ahead of him. He probably waited in place a little bit before giving up.
There is a park down here in Floriduh named Valentine Park. When we moved here in the early 80's it was a well known gathering place for bathroom meetings. Back then as I was told it was known statewide. We used the park with our kids but never allowed them to use the bathrooms per others advice. They did revamp the park over the years but it's amazing in the time of no internet how so many people knew.

Police expressed great concern in 2017 that the killer could strike again. moo

Delphi lead investigator: "We're close"

bbm

The killer killed once so it’s only logical to state that they could kill again. It would be irresponsible for LE to just say all is good this incident is definitely the only one. LE was being cautious IMO

Do you think HLN just does what they want or do they have input from LE or possibly even encouraged by LE to air certain things like that sketch enhancement thing? I'm just wondering if HLN is just picking stuff up to air or if it is legitimately thought to be an accurate likeness so they wanted it out there?

-tried to find the link from HLN the other day but could not, they ran the video in which someone made the new sketch look real

nm, found it:

Is this what the Delphi killer looks like?
I wonder, why they know, his eyebrows are darker now than in the YBG sketch? The eyebrows, when lighter or darker, are changing the face a lot - maybe, this new pic in HLN video isn't an advantage and doesn't help, to find the "monster" more quickly.
The eye color, I understand: A witness said, he had no blue eyes. That his eyes weren't brown, is possibly to recognize. So they are painted into greenish, okay, maybe.

It’s either not showing up for me or not loading right but can someone plz link the HLN video? I’m sorry I looked in the thread but it appears that links were showing up weird for me. I apologize in advance.

Also, I remember them saying that the eye color wasn’t blue. So does that mean that they got a more up close view of his face? I personally wouldn’t be able to tell eye color from a further distance, they’d probably have to be a few feet away. (I wear glasses so maybe y’all can see further than that.)
Jmo moo speculation etc

There is a park down here in Floriduh named Valentine Park. When we moved here in the early 80's it was a well known gathering place for bathroom meetings. Back then as I was told it was known statewide. We used the park with our kids but never allowed them to use the bathrooms per others advice. They did revamp the park over the years but it's amazing in the time of no internet how so many people knew.
Now I'm thinking of the girls and whether they knew of these things (maybe jokingly and contemptuously told by young male family members or male friends) and had a 7th sense for this form of activity and behavior.

I think LE stressing the new sketch so much means there's some reason they are at least pretty sure that's him. Who knows what though? Maybe something like someone acting suspicious was seen wearing something that was then found at or near the scene, maybe the girls ripped whatever it was off in the struggle assuming there was one and BG just panicked and left in case someone showed up. I dunno but i feel there must be something matching the evidence at the scene that made them do a 180 on the sketch because LE would never do that without compelling reason to do so IMO.
IF the evidence, he left behind on the bridge, is so very important/unequivocal AND they changed their strategy with the new sketch - then I think, LE/FBI know exactly, who BG is. They did know in the April PC, they were cheated on by BG (and his alibi "donor"). The ties to Delphi that day/that time are the only missing puzzle piece, it seems. (A description of the used car would be very helpful.)

Even if we here on WS would know the killer, we wouldn't have the opportunity, to tie him to Delphi and MHB area one day before Valentin in 2017 (and part of the 14th?), IMO. Makes you crazy a little bit ....

You are correct social media was not mentioned. Sgt Carter said be aware of what your kids are doing at the press conference.

Early on they did say that they had not found a SM connection at this time. I believe that statement was made right in the beginning of the investigation which implies that SM was at least one of their initial investigative tracks. It would take time to investigate SM connections if they weren’t obvious.

Did I really hear him say if you took off the head you'd know the body? Uncle, friend, co-worker etc etc?? Makes me think the sketch is not as important as recognizing the rest of the body.

Did I really hear him say if you took off the head you'd know the body? Uncle, friend, co-worker etc etc?? Makes me think the sketch is not as important as recognizing the rest of the body.
I spent considerable time comparing faces in the weeks post the PC. I can't match NBG sketch to that body in my mind AT ALL :)

I spent considerable time comparing faces in the weeks post the PC. I can't match NBG sketch to that body in my mind AT ALL :)
the video only shows him taking one and a half steps while stepping on the bridge beams....not really enough to show his gait. Perhaps the way he holds his arms and location of his hands is unique to this person? I almost feel like ME is making it very difficult. IMO. Or could this person be well known, so well known showing too much would cause a lot of people to guess his identity? And they just need one person to ID him and give evidence, a trophy, or information about how they were left, or killed?

Yes, who indeed?? I don't get the impression from those statements that DC was referring to some random SK that popped in from out of state because that's pretty much where they were focused for the first two plus years. This is someone up close and personal.

I listened to this interview again from WISH TV, done two weeks post PC. Although DC confuses me at times, I got the impression he's confident they've got something solid they're working on. I really do hope so because there are days I doubt.

You're not alone. Here of late he and the ISP spokesperson, Sgt Kim Riley, both confuse me.

John Lordan has a very good video on what to do if a relative or friend goes missing. One of those is to have a spokesperson and decide on that ONE person should be. LE is not running with one spokesperson here. We have DC, ISP 1st Sgt Holeman, ISP Sgt Riley and Sheriff Leazenby. Then there is the prosecutor who led one PC. That can add to the confusion.

I think LE stressing the new sketch so much means there's some reason they are at least pretty sure that's him. Who knows what though? Maybe something like someone acting suspicious was seen wearing something that was then found at or near the scene, maybe the girls ripped whatever it was off in the struggle assuming there was one and BG just panicked and left in case someone showed up. I dunno but i feel there must be something matching the evidence at the scene that made them do a 180 on the sketch because LE would never do that without compelling reason to do so IMO.
ISP Carter talking directly to the killer, "who may be in this room"...chilling words. I don't think those words were said for dramatic effect. I believe LE knows the person (or the family the recovered DNA is from)...they now think they have been monitoring the case closely and "in plain sight". The family of this person and possibly the killer have been interviewed by LE. AJMO

Early on they did say that they had not found a SM connection at this time. I believe that statement was made right in the beginning of the investigation which implies that SM was at least one of their initial investigative tracks. It would take time to investigate SM connections if they weren’t obvious.
Especially if the SM being used is formatted to disappear after a short time. Early on LE would be looking into getting the companies who run these apps to cooperate and recover data for investigators. Remember the problems with Apple over unlocking the data on a shooter's iphone for recovery by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member