GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
When considering how exhausted she was, remember she had plans that night. Whether you believe her (heading to gym) or that she wanted to met with her married lover she wasn't going home to crash. moo

I can’t believe under direct addressing her texting & talking to MR ...she brought up MRs “kids & Boy Scouts” . She has not a clue
how to be respectful. It’s all about HER.

Question
If he had Alexa ...
would it of saved data as to what they both said?

Interesting thought. Amazon and "Alexa" deny that "Alexa" listens and records data. We have an "Alexa" and an "Echo". I have seen the blue light on, when no one has said "Alexa".

There are cases now, that have subpoenaed Amazon for Alexa data.

Amber testified, "I wish he was the one with the gun who had killed me." If what she said is sincere, she would have no problem with being convicted and serving a prison sentence.

I have no doubt that she wishes a gun had been found in Botham Jean's apartment.

What would have happened if Botham Jean had defended himself with a weapon, in his own home? We can't surmise, because he didn't. He was shot by a police officer, while watching tv, and eating ice cream, on his sofa.

And the police officer who killed him? Her apartment was never searched, pictures were not taken, no search warrant was ever served on AG, to preserve any evidence, until much later. When she had deleted text messages, and who knows what could have been identified by a search of her apartment.

When, has a perpetrator of a crime, charged with manslaughter, not had so much as ONE search warrant for their home, car, computer, person, ever happened? I can't even remember...she was charged, and submitted to arrest 72 hours after she killed Botham Jean, and her apartment was never searched.

We don't know what evidence could have been in the apartment, to help convict AG, because a search was never done.

Yes, I believe she knew she was at the wrong door and proceeded anyway. That’s the only reasonable conclusion imo based on what we know objectively and using common sense (which the jury is allowed to use). I believe she instigated the whole thing intentionally. The idea that she was in some kinda fog doesn’t compute to me. And I believe she lied on the stand. She lied about where she fired and where he was. Why is she lying? Why didn’t she render aid? Why wasn’t she just completely heart broken when she realized her “mistake”? Instead her focus was on Rivera.

Anyway, I never claimed to be a criminal attorney and my comments are not meant to be legal analysis. I will say though that a Texas criminal defense attorney on ABC was making the same argument this morning - that based on her testimony the lesser charges are moot. And it made sense to me. But we’ll know soon enough.

Well if you think she went there intentionally to harm him then yeah. It's definitely more than negligence or recklessness. It's outright murder.

The state hasn't taken that tack.

Lesser charges will certainly be moot if the jury decides on murder. And it does appear that intent alone allows for a finding of guilt as to murder.

However, the jury has the option of lesser includeds. Those options remain.

A defense lawyer on CTV brought up a good point. Why would she not think that there was more than one person in her apt? Could of been a second guy in her bedroom.
He said it doesn’t make sense especially with her 5 yrs training - that she went IN.

JMO

That's a good point. That's why I think she's an angry hot head. The social media post of her that I saw showed someone who relished the thought of killing someone who messed with her.

Dangerous person to have a gun.

A question for those of you that have followed the proceedings. Is it the prosecutions stance that she mistakenly entered the wrong apartment? tia

Well if you think she went there intentionally to harm him then yeah. It's definitely more than negligence or recklessness. It's outright murder.

The state hasn't taken that tack.

Lesser charges will certainly be moot if the jury decides on murder. And it does appear that intent alone allows for a finding of guilt as to murder.

However, the jury has the option of lesser includeds. Those options remain.

I never said she went there intentionally to harm him. I said she knew she was at the wrong door and proceeded anyway. Big difference between the two. I have been consistent in my position. I gave her the benefit of the doubt until she got to the door and realized it was unlocked. The state has charged murder so they have taken that tack. They don’t believe her mistake of fact/self-defense position. Neither do I.

Amber testified, "I wish he was the one with the gun who had killed me." If what she said is sincere, she would have no problem with being convicted and serving a prison sentence.
IMO she's just saying she wished Botham was on the stand, not her getting this grilling.

If she was sincere, she could ask for capital punishment for herselfo_O

I never said she went there intentionally to harm him. I said she knew she was at the wrong door and proceeded anyway. Big difference between the two. I have been consistent in my position. I gave her the benefit of the doubt until she got to the door and realized it was unlocked. The state has charged murder so they have taken that tack. They don’t believe her mistake of fact/self-defense position. Neither do I.

Why would she purposely walk in an apt that she knew was not her apt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288