Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find the verbiage, "... Schmegelsky as saying their plan is to march to Hudson Bay, hijack a boat and travel to Europe or Africa" odd? Brings to mind his having asked a friend to "speak of politics".

If I were trudging through a muskeg bog in the wilderness I doubt I would use the word "march".

In turn, I wonder if the friend he invited to "speak of politics" was in a position to know about their intentions.

Agree with all of this... and it’s possible they mentioned details about the suicide pact on the video, but also possible Kam shot Bryer from behind (in the head, etc), which would obviously tell the story as well.

I have no links right now, but I've read in a few places in the last 24 hours that BS was shot in the back of the head. In which case I agree with you wholeheartedly; it'd be near impossible to shoot oneself in the back of the head.

It also makes my unleashed curiosity wonder whether it was timed, or if BS requested that it be done when he wasn't expecting it.

Either way, it was KM who made the ultimate decision and chose the moment to pull the trigger. I'm almost surprised he followed through and killed himself; he could have surrendered at that point and blamed it all on BS, which would be typical of a narcissist.

sbm
Earlier someone posted some reports from Britian and maybe Austrailia. The British article said walk not march. But I've only seen march in Canadian news.
I guess we can only guess that it was a literal quote, and not just the word that someone from RCMP (with a unique way of expressing themselves) chose to use.

sbm
Earlier someone posted some reports from Britian and maybe Austrailia. The British article said walk not march. But I've only seen march in Canadian news.

Because Canadian media respects the RCMP's official report, which says:

"The video is 58 seconds long and both McLeod and Schmegelsky are observed in the video. Schmegelsky states they are responsible for the three murders. They were going to march to Hudson Bay where they planned to highjack a boat and go to Europe or Africa".

A militia of 2, marching like the pathetic little wanna-be soldiers they believed they were.

I have no links right now, but I've read in a few places in the last 24 hours that BS was shot in the back of the head. In which case I agree with you wholeheartedly; it'd be near impossible to shoot oneself in the back of the head.

It also makes my unleashed curiosity wonder whether it was timed, or if BS requested that it be done when he wasn't expecting it.

Either way, it was KM who made the ultimate decision and chose the moment to pull the trigger. I'm almost surprised he followed through and killed himself; he could have surrendered at that point and blamed it all on BS, which would be typical of a narcissist.

Just an FYI-- I've not seen this reported anywhere else but on WS, and no link provided when requested.

ETA: Info was alleged by AS and reported by National Post. However, the "RCMP declined to elaborate on either the specifics of Bryer’s death or the specifics of the firearm."

B.C. teen killers hatched plan to hijack a boat and escape to Africa. It ended in suicide instead

Last edited:
SBM
This makes me wonder if one of them did more of the shooting than the other. I also wonder why it was decided that Kam would be the one to shoot Bryer and then himself. Why Bryer first? Why didn't Bryer shoot Kam first? Why not do it at the same time if they had two guns? So many questions. I'd really like to know how it was even determined that Kam shot Bryer first. Even though they discussed the suicide in their videos, how could it be proven that Bryer was willing/prepared to be shot when he was? Just speculating...

BBM
Probably because the gun used in the suicides was found beside Kam.

Last edited:
Just an FYI-- I've not seen this reported anywhere else but on WS, and no link provided when requested.
I cant recall who posted it, ( it was a well spotted effort ) but it was along the lines of Al Schmels lawyer, who told reporters that Al had said the RCMP told him that Kam shot Bryer in the back of the head.

Which , no doubt, will fuel Al for the rest of his life.

It came from the National Enquirer, or National Daily, something like that.

It had a genuine ring of truth to it, in that it was just the kind of thing that AS would do, break a NDA and what he'd say.

Last edited:
I read it in the National Post: B.C. teen killers hatched plan to hijack a boat and escape to Africa. It ended in suicide instead

"In an interview Friday afternoon, Al Schmegelsky’s lawyer, Sarah Leamon, said her client sat down with two RCMP officers before the information was made public. He had the chance to ask questions of the two officers, and heard details about how his son was shot in the back of the head by Kam McLeod in the remote Manitoba wilderness."

This may be the link you seek, Seattle ...

The official report concludes that Kam shot Bryer. Nothing about being shot in the back of the head.

Alan Schmegelsky's lawyer told the National Post that they learned from police in their private briefing that Kam shot Bryer in the back of the head. Someone provided a link earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
The teens bought electrical tape in effort to disguise the RAV4!!

Alexis Daish‏Verified account @LexiDaish
Canadian police released photos from CCTV today showing McLeod and Schmegelsky changing the look of their victim’s RAV 4 with electrical tape to try and elude authorities.@9NewsAUS

EFg4RRJXYAE__ii.jpg

6:13 PM - 27 Sep 2019

The official report concludes that Kam shot Bryer.

Alan Schmegelsky told the Globe and Mail that he learned from police that Kam shot Bryer in the back of the head. Someone provided a link earlier in this thread.

Also stated in this NP article.

B.C. teen killers hatched plan to hijack a boat and escape to Africa. It ended in suicide instead

The official report concludes that Kam shot Bryer.

Alan Schmegelsky told the Globe and Mail that he learned from police that Kam shot Bryer in the back of the head. Someone provided a link earlier in this thread.

Please bump link or add to the Media thread. Listened to several of AS interviews including the last one with his attorney and only hear him say that KM shot BS.

(AS under a gag order and I believe he's only talking with his lawyer at his side).

TIA

ETA: Shot in head alleged by AS and reported by National Post:

McLeod had shot Schmegelsky before shooting himself.

In an interview Friday afternoon, Al Schmegelsky’s lawyer, Sarah Leamon, said her client sat down with two RCMP officers before the information was made public. He had the chance to ask questions of the two officers, and heard details about how his son was shot in the back of the head by Kam McLeod in the remote Manitoba wilderness.

“My client accepts all the information as factual. This is something he’s been anticipating for quite some time now,” she said.

Still, Leamon explained, Al Schmegelsky wants more information, including on how his son came to possess what RCMP described to him as an “assault rifle” that Bryer apparently built on his own, Leamon said. (The RCMP declined to elaborate on either the specifics of Bryer’s death or the specifics of the firearm). bbm

Last edited:
Lol. Hiya Troop! Long time.

I am glad many of my questions have been answered as a result of the press conference yesterday. I had thought it to be a folie a deux type scenario between M and S, but not many agreed with this in earlier posts.
* oy, Tarika. Answered a hell of a lot, and underscored in no uncertain terms that these two were on the road to kill. Travelling for work , and 'accidentally defending' themselves had no part in it. I was astounded by the amount of ammo, ( and it's age ) and by the origin of the rifles, and it occurred to me that RCMP must have had that clip from the store , Bryer and Kam purchasing from Nainamo early in the piece. Sport stores are like that, they are on these things pretty smartly.

Pathetic about the 'marching to Hudsons Bay'.. I recall a Laurel and Hardy skit where they are in the Raj army, marching along in kilts and all sorts of clanging clobber, , it hasn't left me yet. Tootling off to Africa, Europe, like what has Africa done to deserve them? Their ego , their sense of entitlement was so OTT, it's a wonder they had room for oxygen.

Dull and dreary blokes, T. Darwin-ed out, though.

I found the marching clip, here it is , just for a tiny diversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks