GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I care or anything, but the defense team is so wack. I’m not a lawyer but me and my husband watched her testimony again there were plenty of times that I felt like her lawyer should have objected multiple times. Instead, he just let Jason Hermus to crush her into pieces and expose her. IMO

Defense was better of not putting her on the stand. I get that they wanted her to not look like a bad person but honestly, it was a terrible decision.

I was quite surprised when she said that she intended to kill him.

She should have said I intended to kill him because I thought he was an intruder in my apartment.

I was surprised that her defense attorney did not object to that.

Jmo

Not that I care or anything, but the defense team is so wack. I’m not a lawyer but me and my husband watched her testimony again there were plenty of times that I felt like her lawyer should have objected multiple times. Instead, he just let Jason Hermus to crush her into pieces and expose her. IMO

Defense was better of not putting her on the stand. I get that they wanted her to not look like a bad person but honestly, it was a terrible decision.

AG was not good on the stand, I agree. She focused on herself and there was something about that “crying” that turned me off. I may be wrong but I didn’t see any tears, tissue, red face etc. Not believe-able to me at all.

HORRID times a hundred that she said
- this isn’t about hate - (as she looks out in BJ family direction) -it’s about being scared”- .
I wasnt even in court & I saw what she was doing.If she or the defense think that was smart ..Wow they deserve what she gets is all I gotta say ...

MOO

Right. Lol. No one mentioned anything about hate. Just her.

The DA was not having it at all. Not gonna lie I was watching him grill her and I know it’s weird to say that there is a favorite part of this trial but I am going to say it. My favorite part was when he asked her a questioned and she clearly was lying, he just rolled his eyes and walked away like “I ain’t got the time for this bs”

IIRC she was just inside or at the door. I don't think the evidence showed he had moved away from the couch. Just that he had either started to rise or crouched down in fear.

Someone help us out with the facts.

All I know is that last expert Craig from Sat
is implying that AGs brain said fire when Bo was upright... but by the time AGs finger pulled the trigger Bo was cowering down.
Craig went on to say this is why perps get shot in the back by a cop.
IMO trying to create a fairytale to feed to the jury!

All I know is that last expert Craig from Sat
is implying that AGs brain said fire when Bo was upright... but by the time AGs finger pulled the trigger Bo was cowering down.
Craig went on to say this is why perps get shot in the back by a cop.
IMO trying to create a fairytale to feed to the jury!
So ridiculous. So now they are trying to make it morally okay to shoot someone in the back. Thats terrible.

Bo’s birthday is today. His sister wrote about him and the night he died
My Brother, Botham Jean

My phone rang, and without looking at the caller ID, I knew who it was.
Botham was on the other end with a smile in his voice, “Guess where I’m heading, Big Sis?” His joy was so contagious I started laughing. He was heading home early from work because of rain and was overjoyed. I said, “Count your blessings.” Botham and I were raised in the Church of Christ, and the saying comes from an old hymn that goes: Count your blessings. Name them one by one.
Botham had many blessings to count. The week before, he was on a strict soup diet after a wisdom tooth extraction. That day he got the green light from his dentist to eat ice cream. Botham loved dairy! When we were growing up, my aunt Desma and I called him Milky Way because of his love for anything with milk: ice cream, milkshakes, egg nog, cereal.
Once Botham purchased a tub of ice cream, he was set for the evening. We spoke about his upcoming birthday, the start of the football season that night. We exchanged our normal daily banter. We spoke almost every day, about everything and nothing. We always started a conversation via text and finished it over the phone.

Then they would have had really no one.

She should have said I intended to kill him because I thought he was an intruder in my apartment.

Jmo
single most important thing she said...the jury will remember that.

You are right. Lol I heard that they probably rest first thing Monday morning.
Not sure why they stopped early on Sat. they were going to go till 4. someone said the last defense witnesses were from out of town. they mostly had residents that got confused...just nothing

Got you. It's just that earlier you were definitive in stating that indeed the state was taking that tack.

I think they have put it into question. I don’t think they’ll argue it to the jury but I think in their opening statement and their questions to AG, they are saying ‘you expect us to believe that you were so distracted you missed all these signs?’ And I think it’s a legitimate question. And I’d be surprised if no one on the jury is wondering the same thing I am.

Again, I am aware that the state is not outright arguing she knew it was the wrong door and proceeded anyway. Instead they are saying it is unreasonable and you are guilty of murder. Either way both get us to murder and I’m fine with that. But lesser charges, imo, are a heck no!

BBM
They really didn't have a choice. They needed her to testify that she thought it was her apartment, that the door opened without the key, that she was afraid, etc. They have no way of getting any of that in without her.

Jmo

You can’t object to your own clients testimony.

Right. Lol. No one mentioned anything about hate. Just her.

The DA was not having it at all. Not gonna lie I was watching him grill her and I know it’s weird to say that there is a favorite part of this trial but I am going to say it. My favorite part was when he asked her a questioned and she clearly was lying, he just rolled his eyes and walked away like “I ain’t got the time for this bs”
I liked how he walked over and stood right in front of her when he made his most accusatory statements. I think he is very good.

I think her attys wisely advised her not to get defensive on the stand and answer with yes and no. Not to fight with the prosecutor and I think she had no choice but to say she intended to kill because she did. Her whole claim is she feared for her life. Of course she intended to kill. There’s no getting around that. She’s claiming her training kicked in and she double tapped.

I actually think she came off more sympathetic when she answered honestly. As opposed to when she did her poor me act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member