Found Deceased NY - Nicole Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019 *arrest*

How about this theory? What if a fourth person who was in Florida asked for a ride to Buffalo and they said yes because of being paid good money and figured it would be a mini vacation. Maybe their car really wasn't in the shop but they had to rent one because they needed more room with 4 adults and the little boy. I wonder if LE has located any surveillance video from the drive when they left until they arrived in Buffalo? Maybe the reason there was still a few kilos in their hotel room was because the person was playing games about paying them what was promised so they wouldn't tell them where the rest of it was and a fight happened and they killed them. That would explain why nobody ever went back for it. Because they didn't know where it was. Btw I'm sure this is probably not what happened but I'm just throwing possibilities out there of what might have happened. Had there been a fourth adult along for the ride that could explain why they let noelvin go. They may have become attached being with the child for hours. But like I said this is just a theory that is probably wrong
I was curious as well. I kept wondering how authorities came to the conclusion that there were only 3 adult passengers in the van. I’m assuming there were texts between the individuals and their families, during the ride. If the investigators are smart, they’ll check the rest stop
surveillance tapes between Buffalo and Florida. Unfortunately, I think this is a drug deal gone bad. Their deaths were either quick or the parents begged their assailants to let their child live. Have they released info on when they checked into the hotel? I’m wondering how long they were in town before this happened.

Unfortunately, I think this is a drug deal gone bad. Their deaths were either quick or the parents begged their assailants to let their child live. Have they released info on when they checked into the hotel? I’m wondering how long they were in town before this happened.
It was reported that they arrived on Sunday evening. They were last heard from at 6pm. The surveillance footage of the two suspects was taken at around 3am on Monday.

As my studies never included "drug dealing 101," that is good to know!
I'm not cutting up on you but not using your own vehicle is common sense for most crimes. And I'm not a dealer but a recovering addict and anyone could so easily end up like they all did( since it probably was their bodies burned in the car) dealers ask addicts for rides because police notice the same vehicle's frequentling places and with new license scanners they can even see your insurance and who the car is registered to before even pulling you over.. A rental car would require LE to do some additional research. Plus if you have a rented car you can say your lost on a family vacation if you get noticed in high drug trafficking areas. My point is if your outta money and need a fix and all you gotta do is give a ride you could be signing your death certificate if things go badly. In active addiction you lie to yourself saying everything will be ok because you want it to be.

Last edited:
It's like this thread has become a contest to post see who can come up the the most inane theory
I'm not convinced that any of the "theories" that I've seen here enter into the realm of "inane." What I've seen are thoughts (including my own) that are not fully developed and/or informed. But, given that LE/media has provided a limited amount of information, I don't think incomplete theories are properly labeled "inane."

Last edited:
Those who know how drug rings operate (dealing, moving, etc) should post this info for those of us who are unfamiliar with how it typically works. It would be good learning info! Jmo

ETA: If I had more info my future posts might not appear inane.

Those who know how drug rings operate (dealing, moving, etc) should post this info for those of us who are unfamiliar with how it typically works. It would be good learning info! Jmo
Agreed. For example, as there's been comment about LE obtaining toll booth images/video, do those transporting this stuff generally utilize toll roads... or would they be inclined to avoid them for the very reason that toll roads are highly structured/monitored. Also, for example, would the Florida duo/trio (assuming they were, in fact, delivering cocaine) be likely to *willingly* go behind the Tonawanda Street warehouse in the wee hours... or is it drug courier nature so-to-speak to be highly cautious of a situation like that?

Agreed. For example, as there's been comment about LE obtaining toll booth images/video, do those transporting this stuff generally utilize toll roads... or would they be inclined to avoid them for the very reason that toll roads are highly structured/monitored. Also, for example, would the Florida duo/trio (assuming they were, in fact, delivering cocaine) be likely to *willingly* go behind the Tonawanda Street warehouse in the wee hours... or is it drug courier nature so-to-speak to be highly cautious of a situation like that?
Usually when someone is selling large amounts of cocaine, like this case, they're selling it to someone they personally know or someone that comes with references and not some stranger off the street. These transactions typically occur in a safe location for everyone involved... like the house or business of one of the parties or a fairly high end hotel room or something similar. Counting and authenticating the cash would take a bit of time even with a decent money counter.
I don't think they would willing go to this area at 3 or 4 in the morning, as the deal would be worth at minimum 80k for 2 kilos. MOO

Not that it changes any of the facts or speculations about this whole thing... but I happened to drive RT198N just moments ago. So, I passed the location of the 'burning van'. It is amazing to me that (according to reports I've seen) the police/fire received no call(s) about the fire. True, traffic would be lighter at that time... but it wouldn't be zero. And, naturally, a fire in the darkest hours would be highly visible. Even with leaves on the trees/bushes, 198 is elevated so sightlines are pretty clear.

If they got no calls, they got no calls. But, sheesh!

Toll roads can't be avoided in a lot of places.

I have family members that dabbled in the drug game when I was younger. One of their means of getting drugs around was hiring women with kids and renting them a minivan to transport drugs. You took your kids or at least had car seats in the car. This was for trips out of state. Nothing done locally because that raises too much suspicion. So it doesn't surprise me that they took their youngest son.

I can't imagine that they would willingly do a deal like that, at that time, at that location with their son with them. I think they were killed elsewhere earlier and then taken there to dispose of the evidence.

As for why they would burn it to incineration.....they probably didn't think it would burn that much. They wanted it to burn enough to get rid of the evidence but they got really lucky (for them) that no one called in a fire and that it continued to burn and got rid of everything, even almost the bodies.

I do not think these were pros. A professional would have killed the kid.

No one went back for the drugs at the hotel because there are too many surveillance cameras.

Not that it changes any of the facts or speculations about this whole thing... but I happened to drive RT198N just moments ago. So, I passed the location of the 'burning van'. It is amazing to me that (according to reports I've seen) the police/fire received no call(s) about the fire. True, traffic would be lighter at that time... but it wouldn't be zero. And, naturally, a fire in the darkest hours would be highly visible. Even with leaves on the trees/bushes, 198 is elevated so sightlines are pretty clear.

If they got no calls, they got no calls. But, sheesh!
Very puzzling- You would have seen it from 198-

Just curious, wasn't a section of that road closed recently?

I'm not cutting up on you but not using your own vehicle is common sense for most crimes. And I'm not a dealer but a recovering addict and anyone could so easily end up like they all did( since it probably was their bodies burned in the car) dealers ask addicts for rides because police notice the same vehicle's frequentling places and with new license scanners they can even see your insurance and who the car is registered to before even pulling you over.. A rental car would require LE to do some additional research. Plus if you have a rented car you can say your lost on a family vacation if you get noticed in high drug trafficking areas. My point is if your outta money and need a fix and all you gotta do is give a ride you could be signing your death certificate if things go badly. In active addiction you lie to yourself saying everything will be ok because you want it to be.
Thank you for the additional info, @Lena36! I appreciate that you took the time to add the details--very informative.

Usually when someone is selling large amounts of cocaine, like this case, they're selling it to someone they personally know or someone that comes with references and not some stranger off the street. These transactions typically occur in a safe location for everyone involved... like the house or business of one of the parties or a fairly high end hotel room or something similar. Counting and authenticating the cash would take a bit of time even with a decent money counter.
I don't think they would willing go to this area at 3 or 4 in the morning, as the deal would be worth at minimum 80k for 2 kilos. MOO
Great points X! IMO There had to have been a personal connection of some sort. Also IMOO usually you would drive to pick up drugs. They were probably promised a lot more money to deliver the product. Imo they wouldn’t risk driving all this way with so much weight without it being a “done deal.” Makes me think they’ve hit these people off before in the past.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back