GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow they want a definition of manslaughter and more clear info on castle doctrine. The allowing of that castle doctrine is going to mean those of us for murder are going to be disappointed. I can already feel it.
I am so worried about that Castle Doctrine--- i feel as though that is going to wind up
as a reason to acquit her. ugh- i hope i am wrong but----

I am so worried about that Castle Doctrine--- i feel as though that is going to wind up
as a reason to acquit her. ugh- i hope i am wrong but----
She’s going down, I have no doubt. It’s the extent of the sentence I am waiting for. Then, the civil trial...

Amateur opinion and speculation

Good Morning,

I need some help ... I can't get Court tv live stream on my computer - could it be my browser?

Is there another live feed that I can watch?

TIA !!!

Great post: I totally agree with your thoughts in this case as to why she was so distracted and i also believe that self defense is a crock, but worse is the judge
allowing the Castle Doctrine Defense: i will never understand it and it could
result in acquittal, but pray it does not.

If the Judge didn’t allow for the Castle Doctrine defense, does anyone think that could have been grounds for an appeal? Just a thought.

Excellent post, Gitana! I know I will never forget this case. I think about Botham every day and the thought of his last moments is horrifying. It's shocking that something like that can happen.

It would be even more shocking if AG is found not guilty. After her testimony and the testimony of others residing at the apartment complex, I don't doubt that she mistakenly went to the wrong apartment. Most witnesses only went to the wrong floor or went to the wrong door but realized their mistake before trying to enter. IIRC, only a couple of people entered the wrong apartment. They were inattentive, but at some point realized their error without shooting anyone. AG was inattentive when she opened the wrong door. It's her actions from that point that were unreasonable. Hearing someone inside the apartment should have been a cue to step back and take inventory of the situation, at which point she should have observed the red door mat and the apartment number.

I also found it disturbing that she didn't remember anything from her training classes from a year ago. I had jobs where I've gone through regular training and I remember things I learned in those classes and seminars from 25-30 years ago. I think she was just as inattentive in those classes as she was the night she shot Bo. IMO, she was never fit to carry a weapon. I think carrying the weapon and her position as an LEO made her feel important. Yes, she was remorseful during testimony, but I think that remorse is mostly because she's being held accountable. She's feeling sorry for herself, IMO. I do hope she will be found guilty of murder and spend time behind bars for what she did to an innocent man. I hope she is never again allowed to possess a firearm after she is released from prison.

JMO

Thank you. Yes I believe it's clear she made a mistake but one thing though- I think her mistake about her apartment alone was unreasonable. Because she is LE in uniform carrying a loaded weapon. So while others may reasonably get distracted and almost or actually enter another's apartment, she had no right getting that distracted while carrying a loaded weapon. It's not reasonable for someone with that responsibility to be that distracted.

So for me the question in part of whether it is a reasonable mistake for a person with a loaded gun to enter the wrong apartment.

Then of course we go to what happened next. (Pulling out the gun. Not retreating or calling for back up, shooting immediately despite all the signs, etc.).

I know America has serious issues. I won't go into all them, because I don't want a time out and I don't want the thread shut down. We all know they exist, some on a more intimate level than others. But this case. THIS one. If she walks. I cannot believe anything less than our country is irrevocably broken and there is no place to go from here. It would end my belief in justice for certain people being attainable. I would fully believe that our country doesn't just systematically disadvantage people, but it systematically despises certain people and sees nothing of worth in them.

I just want to believe better. Even with the raging issues, I want to believe in hope. She walks...I'm done. I can't.

I know America has serious issues. I won't go into all them, because I don't want a time out and I don't want the thread shut down. We all know they exist, some on a more intimate level than others. But this case. THIS one. If she walks. I cannot believe anything less than our country is irrevocably broken and there is no place to go from here. It would end my belief in justice for certain people being attainable. I would fully believe that our country doesn't just systematically disadvantage people, but it systematically despises certain people and sees nothing of worth in them.

I just want to believe better. Even with the raging issues, I want to believe in hope. She walks...I'm done. I can't.

Oh gosh. What's happening in the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member