GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are wrong. Texas law is very clear about this. The defendant admitted under oath to the requirements to support this charge. SHE told her story. HER story was murder. You can not like it all you want, but the law is clear and the jury agreed.

Sorry you're not pleased, but you are wrong.
The charges were wrong from the beginning. And it's painfully clear the jury didn't have a clue by their questions. Mistrial all the way. So many things they can appeal on.
I hope this doesn't seriously effect how LE can respond in the future.

Sounds like the cruise could just be a rumor. I’d assume on bond she would have had to surrender her passport?? Most cruises you need them anyway. However she did receive more specialized treatment so who knows
Fox 4 locally reported she Did go on that cruise and then had to surrender passport afterward, ill look for a link in a bit , it made me very angry at the time!

Hmm. How is it a blow do you think? She wasn't working at the time and did not follow police procedure. Many cops decry what she did.

As to the judge, I've said before. I think she was fair. Even handed. She didn't allow the case to be transferred out of Dallas. She did allow consideration of the Castle Doctrine.

I agree with you. I felt like she acted consistently and fairly. I do think we might see changes to the Castle Doctrine in Texas to prevent it being used as a defense in cases like this. I do not believe that was the intent of the law but, seeing this case, it is clear that the language needs to be addressed.

Just saw the guilty verdict on the murder charge, and I’m still a whole thread behind. I’m frankly shocked after what I saw about the jury instructions stating the Castle Doctrine applied. I was already thinking she would walk even before that. Can’t wait to catch up and read everyone’s thoughts.

I heard someone on court tv say that DA can pick the jury or the judge to impose the sentence. It sounds like they want the jury? Judge tammy looked pretty upset when she walked in and it appeared her mascara was smeared under her eyes. I do think that she has some serious empathy for AG.
Those were happy tears.

Sounds like the cruise could just be a rumor. I’d assume on bond she would have had to surrender her passport?? Most cruises you need them anyway. However she did receive more specialized treatment so who knows

The DA subpoenaed records to see whether she went on a cruise. I believe it was confirmed she did.

She is the first Dallas police officer convicted of murder since the 1970s.

In deciding that she was guilty, the jury, about half of whom were African American, sided with the prosecution.

Guyger had her police radio on her, and she lives just two blocks away from police headquarters, so she could have had other officers arrive quickly, prosecutors pointed out. Had she done that, Guyger was asked, might Jean be alive today?

"Yes, sir," she said.

In the state's closing arguments on Monday, prosecutor Hermus said the only way a defendant can claim self-defense to murder is when there is no other reasonable alternatives.

Hermus said that was not the case when Guyger shot Jean.

"Self-defense means you're acting defensively," Hermus said. "She became the aggressor. That's not self-defense."
Ex-Dallas Officer Who Killed Neighbor In Upstairs Apartment Is Found Guilty Of Murder

there has been much talk about judge tammy being heavily supported by Dallas police...I assume then she has many friends on the force. This is a blow to all of them. I am sure the union was paying for her defense.
I'm not sure as she was fired from dpd rather quickly. I think the judge was supported by the black officers association in her election. Along with other black activists.
I did think she was fair on the bench up to a point. Some of the testimony the defense wanted that she would not allow may be a factor though. We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave