GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t take the time to correct those who still can’t understand why AG is guilty of murder. It’s like the late comers party and some haven’t bothered to read back.

This was Botham’s castle! AG was the intruder!

Now please watch his mother’s testimony and try telling me she accidentally killed an intruder, purlease.

Off to sit on my hands now :(

Exactly. As if this man charged at her. I cannot.

I like when Grand Juries are used to help decide what charges, if any, should happen.

The only thing that is still somewhat of a mystery to me is why the jury could not have been given both options of convicting her of either Murder or Manslaughter.

I read the definitions of both and depending on interpretation, I could see where there could be a case made for both.

The interesting thing with this case is either charge forces us to "fit" it into this case. For the murder charge, its not like she purposely went there with the intent to kill him and for manslaughter, its not like it was a total accident. It was only an accident that she went to the wrong place. So either charge requires us to "fit" it to this case and it makes me think both options should have been given to the jury.

They were. GJ's in TX are specifically instructed that they may choose to indict based on the charges presented OR as to a lesser included.

I’m literally crying like the biggest baby right now. I can’t even imagine. I lost my best friend which was my dad to sickness, but I can’t even imagine the pain this family is going though. I know how bad my heart hurts and I can’t imagine how theirs must feel.

What a remarkable woman Botham’s mother is as evidenced in her rearing such a wonderful young man of Christian character! Can you imagine her pain each night as she retires to bed to get much needed rest? This is the time her mind has time to wander....there must be no reprieve from her grief.
I pray God restores her heart from such immeasurable pain from the loss of Botham, the “glue” of her family.

You have no idea what departments will overlook to fix the manpower shortage. SMH. I was the only one in my recruit class who had not used illegal drugs or been charged with at least a Misdemeanor. LMAO. They called me squeeky (as in clean).

The Netflix show Unbelievable, based on a true story (thanks @MassGuy), shows a lot of what goes on. Surprisingly 40% of LE are domestic abusers. But action is very rarely taken.

What a remarkable woman Botham’s mother is as evidenced in her rearing such a wonderful young man of Christian character! Can you imagine her pain each night as she retires to bed to get much needed rest? This is the time her mind has time to wander....there must be no reprieve from her grief.
I pray God restores her heart from such immeasurable pain from the loss of Botham, the “glue” of her family.

Thank you for your beautiful statements and prayers.

I'll Just Say If I Walked Into What I Thought Was My Home I May Be Opt To Draw A Gun, But I Would NOT Shoot. I Would Be Like Wtf Are You Doing In My House And Wait For A Response. I Mean He Was Sitting Down Eating. That Doesn't Sound Threatening To Me. This Could've Been Handled So Much Differently On So Many Levels..

I like when Grand Juries are used to help decide what charges, if any, should happen.

The only thing that is still somewhat of a mystery to me is why the jury could not have been given both options of convicting her of either Murder or Manslaughter.

I read the definitions of both and depending on interpretation, I could see where there could be a case made for both.

The interesting thing with this case is either charge forces us to "fit" it into this case. For the murder charge, its not like she purposely went there with the intent to kill him and for manslaughter, its not like it was a total accident. It was only an accident that she went to the wrong place. So either charge requires us to "fit" it to this case and it makes me think both options should have been given to the jury.
They had the ability to convict of lesser charges of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, the “intent” element would transfer to those charges under TX law and made them fit better. I am just assuming the jury was instructed on this, because it comes from my own research.

I believe her faith helps mitigate her pain.

I’m literally crying like the biggest baby right now. I can’t even imagine. I lost my best friend which was my dad to sickness, but I can’t even imagine the pain this family is going though. I know how bad my heart hurts and I can’t imagine how theirs must feel.
I'm so sorry for your loss, I lost my little grandson and yes it resonates I just want to hug her !!!! breaking whats left of our hearts I know ! xoxo

Does anyone know what the pin on Botham’s mom’s dress represents? I can see that it’s some kind of flag pin.

looks like a Trinidad flag pin???

IMG_E0035.jpg

It is worth noting the composition of Guyger’s jury. Not because demographics insinuate unfairness in the vast majority of jury determinations, but juries are comprised of fallible human beings who earnestly strive to be impartial and unbiased while applying the law to a provided set of facts in evidence. Jean’s family has retained S. Lee Merritt to represent them in the expected civil case. He tweeted the racial composition of the jury immediately after selection: "We are all relieved that the jury hearing the #AmberGuyger case reflects the diversity of Dallas County where the crime took place. From my estimation 5 blacks, 5 Hispanic/Asian, 2 white (2 black & 2 white alternatives)."
Amber Guyger might be guilty of manslaughter, but not first-degree murder

It is worth noting the composition of Guyger’s jury. Not because demographics insinuate unfairness in the vast majority of jury determinations, but juries are comprised of fallible human beings who earnestly strive to be impartial and unbiased while applying the law to a provided set of facts in evidence. Jean’s family has retained S. Lee Merritt to represent them in the expected civil case. He tweeted the racial composition of the jury immediately after selection: "We are all relieved that the jury hearing the #AmberGuyger case reflects the diversity of Dallas County where the crime took place. From my estimation 5 blacks, 5 Hispanic/Asian, 2 white (2 black & 2 white alternatives)."
Amber Guyger might be guilty of manslaughter, but not first-degree murder

Texas doesn't even have first degree murder.

Have the civil cases been filed, yet? Happy I’m not in Dallas County.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine