GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 1h1 hour ago
State's first witness is Allison Jean, Botham Jean's mother.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 1h1 hour ago
Botham Jean's 28th birthday was this past Sunday, his mother says.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 54m54 minutes ago
Jury seeing photos of Botham Jean, including him holding a trophy, one at his mother's retirement party years ago, and one from a family vacation in the Cayman Islands.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 52m52 minutes ago
There's a 10-year age gap between Botham and his older sister, and Botham and his younger Brother. As the middle child, his mother said "I always refer to him as the glue to my [two other] kids."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 47m47 minutes ago
Allison Jean discussing her son's time in college. Said he was a part of a choir group that would travel the country, part of youth ministry. He assisted elderly people in setting up their computers. "He did a lot of these activities."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 46m46 minutes ago
Botham Jean was also a member of the rugby team in college, his mom says.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 44m44 minutes ago
Botham and his college classmates would come to Saint Lucia for mission trips. His mother said they started that in 2012, and would go back each year.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 36m36 minutes ago
Allison Jean was in New York with her daughter the night she learned Botham Jean died. "My life has not been the same," she said, calling life a roller coaster since the shooting. "I cannot sleep. I cannot eat. It's just been the most terrible time for me."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 26m26 minutes ago
Allison Jean says the family has started the Botham Jean Foundation in her son's name. They held a gala in Dallas on Sunday, in what would've been her son's 28th birthday.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 19m19 minutes ago
Jury hearing testimony from the man who coached Botham at his job. Says "Anyone who knew Bo, had a very high opinion of Bo."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 17m17 minutes ago
Botham's coworker: "Our group has had a very difficult time coming to terms." It's been tough not seeing him on a daily basis or "have that guy who'll lift you up." Said Botham was a source of comfort and support.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 15m15 minutes ago
Jury now hearing testimony from Sgt. Watson, who was essentially Guyger's supervisor in the CRT team.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 15m15 minutes ago
Watson said there was once a time when a handcuffed individual escaped custody from Guyger. So he made a referral to DPD's Internal Affairs division.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 13m13 minutes ago
Robert Rogers questioning Watson and asks if he trusted Guyger as far as her character. Watson says yes.
Rogers asks if there was any indication Guyger used inappropriate force in the incident when the prisoner escaped her custody. Watson said she did not.

It will be awkward for amber to run into potential people she arrested when she’s in prison. She may not remember them, but they will remember her!
Maybe. But I hope she is safe, as I wish everyone in prison could be safe from assault and harassment. She did her job by arresting people. She shouldn't be punished for that.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 2m2 minutes ago
Alissa Findley, Botham's sister, speaking about how Botham's death has impacted her family. Says one of her kids is now scared of police officers.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 25s26 seconds ago
The jury just watched short clips of Botham Jean singing in church. Prosecutor asks Findley how it feels to hear Botham's voice. Findley: "That I want my brother back." Says she wishes she could continue her last conversation with him and not let him hang up the phone.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 3m3 minutes ago
Jury now seeing texts from Guyger's phone during an MLK Parade in 2018. Someone sent her a text asking "When does this end lol' and Guyger replied "When MLK is dead...oh wait..."

J.D. Miles‏Verified account @jdmiles11 55s55 seconds ago
“When MLK is dead...oh wait” message retrieved from Amber Guyger’s cell phone while working as an officer during a Dallas MLK parade now used as evidence during the punishment phase of her murder trial

EF0hBQdWwAAsi6x.jpg

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 17s17 seconds ago
Other texts from March 9, 2018 showing a conversation between Martin Rivera and Guyger.
Rivera to Guyger: "Damn I was at this area with 5 different black officers !!! Not racist but damn"
Guyger to Rivera: "Not racist but just have a different way of working and it shows"

J.D. Miles‏Verified account @jdmiles11 1m1 minute ago
More controversial and racially charged text messages Amber Guyger preciously exchanged with fellow Dallas Police officers that are now being presented as evidence against her during punishment phase of her murder trial
EF0hliHXUAIe8i_.jpg

EF0hlANWwAA242-.jpg

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 41s42 seconds ago
Guyger's attorneys tried to keep these texts from being shown to the jury before the punishment phase.
Jury now seeing her DPD application.

Throughout the trial, Guyger’s defense team framed the shooting as a “tragic but innocent” mistake.

During closing arguments, prosecutor Jason Fine with the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office slammed Guyger for changing her story on the witness stand. He said the case “has to do with [Guyger] making an unreasonable decision that put her in the [defense seat] and Bo in the ground.”

He added: “This case is all about what is reasonable and what is absurd.”
Amber Guyger found guilty of murder - Law Officer

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 3m3 minutes ago
Jury now seeing texts from Guyger's phone during an MLK Parade in 2018. Someone sent her a text asking "When does this end lol' and Guyger replied "When MLK is dead...oh wait..."

J.D. Miles‏Verified account @jdmiles11 55s55 seconds ago
“When MLK is dead...oh wait” message retrieved from Amber Guyger’s cell phone while working as an officer during a Dallas MLK parade now used as evidence during the punishment phase of her murder trial

EF0hBQdWwAAsi6x.jpg

Oh that's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members