GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd tack on those 10 years as extra punishment for the grotesque indifference to life she demonstrated after she knew she had killed an innocent man in cold blood. Someone who believed she had made a horrific mistake and felt immediate remorse and concern for the man dying at her feet would have dropped to her knees to help him, and stayed there until EMS arrived.

This! @Hope4More. This is what swayed me that she was only worried for herself. When I heard the 911 call. She was only worried about losing her job while Botham laid on the floor dying IN HIS OWN HOME and she didn’t render ANY aid.

Last edited:
so glad she is going to jail....they are going to really love her there. I honestly don't think that she can say anything to that jury that would make them want to go very low on the # of years!

Maybe she could teach the inmates Spanish, or start a recycling program, OH she could donate her hair to Locks of Love.

*Sighs* This is all so terribly banal!

A conservative Texan white girl working in law enforcement displays moderate casual racism and/or cultural insensitivity? Say it ain't so, Joe!

AG made edgy Instagram posts about shooting stuff! Law enforcement is filled with these kind of Dirty Harry wannabe's and that AG wasn't exactly gun-shy was readily apparent just from the facts of the case.

AG once stole a pencil and a brownie! I mean, seriously? If you bring up nonsense like that, might as well bring up the time AG picked her nose and didn't wash her hands afterwards.

AG once smoked weed! Yeah, I bet she did, just like many others in her age group. Heck, considering the jury composition and the city the trial is held in, you might even call it a mitigating fact.

The only evidence/testimonies actually worth a damn so far were those of Botham Jean's family, the rest was all banal nonsense!

It's almost like her posts reflect the character of LE. I.e, a massive percentage of law enforcement has domestic violence, violence, and drug issues. Almost like she's reflecting the character of the body she works for and their dysfunction and poor hiring practices. Hilarious how that works!

When your defense team tries to sully the character of the victim with marijuana, your marijuana is fair game.

You might be okay with this terrible behavior and accept it as fine. Personally, I feel that someone given the responsibility of LE should be held to higher standards than moral garbage. To each their own.

She will serve very little time, let’s hope she can rebuild her life after this terrible accident.

Well I never expected that!!

Never seen a sentencing before (usually working) family was heartbreaking..

The evidence from texts is pretty damning, judge has let lots in.. I think they will give her a harsh sentence based on what I am hearing....

I find always find the sentencing phase more interesting than the trial. That is when all the dirty details come out. I am really looking forward to Charles Merritt's sentencing phase.

I’m going to share an opinion many here may not agree with, but I genuinely believe AG. I believe she thought she parked on her floor, she thought she was at her apartment, she thought there was an intruder, and she thought she had every right to use deadly force to protect her home (I do not think self defense applied to her decision personally) under TX law. After watching the trial I believe she made a huge mistake and completely realizes it and feels awful about it. Whether it’s for herself, for Jean, or both, I sincerely believe she feels awful and parts of me have pity for her. While I don’t carry a firearm, there are definitely times in my own life that I have made huge mistakes that could have ended horribly.

I also think, even assuming the above, that she could legally be found guilty of murder under TX statutes. Her beliefs and mistakes have been found by the jury to be unreasonable, and she admitted she intended to kill Jean when she fired her weapon. That makes her guilty of murder under TX law. Period.

IMO she will get short time, 5-10 with probably half or more being probation/parole.

All JMO.

I completely disagree with you. I live in an apartment and I could be completely distracted, drunk, etc. but still would be able to find my door. In all due respect.

I think it's perfectly possible to believe that she made it to his apartment by 100% mistake, but her reaction to that was unreasonable and qualified the murder conviction. I would say a large number of crimes involve both mistakes and unreasonable/unlawful responses.

It is my opinion if she would not have been armed, she would have perhaps realized her mistake and left.

All judges have the option to set aside a jury verdict. That doesn't have anything to do with grounds for appeal.
My guess is that if the judge declines to set aside the conviction, an appeal citing due process violations (Murder was not appropriate charge given circumstances of crime) is possible.

I completely disagree with you. I live in an apartment and I could be completely distracted, drunk, etc. but still would be able to find my door. In all due respect.

Gotta agree with you there. I have worked 24 hours straight, and managed to get home, been drunk, high, and never went to anyone else's house by accident. And I did live in apartments that all looked alike in California.

That argument doesn't even merit respect. She was thinking about her BFF.

Thinking about it I was always disgusted with her social media It's really weird on her fixation with killing. I don't know anyone like that.....that's not normal

Funny you should say that. It got me to thinking and I agree, I've never seen that either. But then, I don't follow the Dallas men and women in blue.

Andrea Lucia on Twitter

For those of us wondering if the defense will file an appeal, this is from the verified Twitter account of @cbs11andrea a reporter with CBSDFW.

She states “ Quick note about the attorney sitting behind Amber Guyger. We haven’t heard from Michael Mowla, but he is on the defense team. His specialty- criminal appeals. He’s listed as ‘standby appellate counsel ‘. “

Gotta agree with you there. I have worked 24 hours straight, and managed to get home, been drunk, high, and never went to anyone else's house by accident. And I did live in apartments that all looked alike in California.

That argument doesn't even merit respect. She was thinking about her BFF.

I mean, the defense could have tracked down many, many people who this supposedly happened to. They could have gone through the whole 100 they claimed it's happened to at that apartment building. There is no way out of all those people only she carried a gun. She's still the only one who killed someone.

Guyger Wrote Jokes About a Martin Luther King Jr. Parade & Said She Wanted a Racist Dog, Prosecutors Say
guyger2.png

Amber Guyger: Texts on MLK Jr. Day, Black Officers | Heavy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members