AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once, years ago, my family and I were being threatened by a dangerous person outside our house. I was on one side of the door. He on the other. He ran. While on the phone 911 asked what he was wearing and I had no idea! That’s not what I was looking at. I could see him a foot away out my window but was watching what he was doing and listening to his rant.

So...the “witness” in our case wasn’t in a flight or fight mode but maybe - “ with red van” — most definitely made a few errors in their recall skills. Why would they spend too much time looking at someone doing something seeming normal while being bombarded with so much other external stimuli?. Bb court noise. Toddler crying. Maybe a dog barking? Maybe they saw but their mind played a little trick in memory.

Seems like orange shoes are a pushing point.

What if it was red and black but switched? Black slacks and red shirt? There is a kfc a mile away. A few minutes walk. And so many other service industries use that color pallet as well. Maybe it’s time to look there. If Someone was working they’d have an alibi — but maybe were on lunch so their co workers don’t suspect them? A stretch I know....Wonder how far out le checked vehicles and garbage receptacles that first day.
My family also. My father was the prosecuting attorney for a very large city. Me and my mom both stood at the door listening too his mans threats. I could not Tell the police what he was wearing. I was so busy watching his facial expressions.

Last edited:
It’s not unusual for little Latin girls to wear their “tacos” (tacones altos/high heels) at unusual times. As a kid I wore them to the park and I see little girls still wearing them to the park. Or even just outside in the neighborhood.

It is VERY easy to put purchase little kids shoes for very little money. Nearly free. When Payless closed recently, they actually just dumped huge bags behind the stores. Before they did that, shoes were a dollar. Kids shoes in thrift stores are often 50 cents or a dollar, in nice condition.

Her shoes didn't play a role here.

If a predator was going to take her, I'm sure he would have grabbed her if she was wearing a $55 pair of Keen sandals too.

It’s not unusual for little Latin girls to wear their “tacos” (tacones altos/high heels) at unusual times. As a kid I wore them to the park and I see little girls still wearing them to the park. Or even just outside in the neighborhood.
OMG! You just reminder me of a funny/ not funny at all happening at a school I worked at. We had just had a very aggressive incident happen and were hanging all the preschool bathroom rules. A little 5 year old kept asking if we wanted to see her taco in the bathroom, we kept saying no, we finally about once a week had two teachers standing watch in the bathroom. She finally asked why, and walked out in the underwear which was covered in tacos! We lost it!

I definitely agree, unfortunately I'm not too sure they ever will. I think they are being told it's better coming directly from the mother since she CAN speak English, but so much is getting lost. They probably even think her speaking in English herself is getting more attention on the case. But she was so much more relatable and what people "expect" to see when she spoke Spanish. The connection between her and the reporter and the look in her eyes when listening to what was being asked was totally different when she was spoken to in Spanish. Her English is perfectly fine and intelligible, but she is dealing with such visceral emotions that are so much better conveyed with a mother tongue. MOO
Yes, that's exactly what I thought. We can understand everything she says when she speaks english, but we can feel her emotions when she speaks spanish. For the first part of the interview, she was just saying stuff like "yes", "no", basically short sentences, and she was holding up pretty well, but when she started answering questions in spanish, she was able to give really complete and clear answers, without the need of follow-up questions for clarification, and she broke down crying right away.
This was the first time I was able to watch a video of her speaking, and it was pretty clear to me that people were being really hard on her unfairly.

The thing is, she was born in the US and as far as I can tell lived here her whole life. So English would presumably be considered her native language. As for conveying the emotion, how exactly is translator going to do that?
I could almost bet all my money that the first language Dulce's mom spoke was spanish, her first words were most likely in spanish. If I was to move to the US or any other country and I had children, I would still talk to my child on my native language. Alessandra Ambrósio, the famous model, speaks to her children in portuguese but her children also grew up with a english speaking father, so that's different. Dulce's mother grew up with both parents speaking spanish.

Did we forget about Suri Cruise, at like 4 years old, on the streets of NYC wearing high heels? I didn't lol, many kids do stuff like that. It's safer to have shoes like that, in kiddie sizes, than having the kids playing with mom's shoes.

I wish I could (((hug))) Dulce’s mother. It breaks my heart to think of all she has been through — and then to deal with people apparently judging her harshly.... it’s outrageous!

As for high heels, my 9 year old still insists on wearing them. She loves the clomp clomp sound they make. They may not be the ideal choice for a playground, but I choose my battles.

The fire was determined to be accidental according to officials.
Also, there's a HUGE presence of factories in the area and I can name at least 15 people I know off the top of my head that work or have worked at one. Those are the easiest jobs to acquire in the area because they're always hiring :confused:
Agreed. This was discussed in one of the previous threads. The fire was the day after Dulce disappeared and was determined not to be suspicious in nature. Many employees who were displaced by the fire were planned to be placed at another facility.

Investigators getting closer to cause of fire that ravaged F&S Produce plant

Yes, that's exactly what I thought. We can understand everything she says when she speaks english, but we can feel her emotions when she speaks spanish. For the first part of the interview, she was just saying stuff like "yes", "no", basically short sentences, and she was holding up pretty well, but when she started answering questions in spanish, she was able to give really complete and clear answers, without the need of follow-up questions for clarification, and she broke down crying right away.
This was the first time I was able to watch a video of her speaking, and it was pretty clear to me that people were being really hard on her unfairly.

I could almost bet all my money that the first language Dulce's mom spoke was spanish, her first words were most likely in spanish. If I was to move to the US or any other country and I had children, I would still talk to my child on my native language. Alessandra Ambrósio, the famous model, speaks to her children in portuguese but her children also grew up with a english speaking father, so that's different. Dulce's mother grew up with both parents speaking spanish.

Did we forget about Suri Cruise, at like 4 years old, on the streets of NYC wearing high heels? I didn't lol, many kids do stuff like that. It's safer to have shoes like that, in kiddie sizes, than having the kids playing with mom's shoes.
Oh plesas there are so many girles dressed sexually these days! girls with suggestive skinny jeans and shorts! I hate it for them!

Last edited:
Long term lurker.....

I live in Cumberland County in close distance to where the abduction took place. Vineland, Millville, and Bridgeton are extremely close and fucntion as one big community basically.

I will say, that the races keep a close community in their own. Not in a racial tension way but more or less like everyone knows everyone. When there are "cold cases", they're only cold to the police department. Everyone knows how everyone else moves. If the suspect is from the area, someone knows something.

And the current talk has been that it's a slim chance this was a random abduction. Either the individual was specifically targeting and watching the moves of Dulce specifically for an amount of time, premeditated, or it was an individual with some type of acquaintance with the family.

If the races keep a close community - extended family situation - wouldn’t they gather around Dulce’s mother and close ranks? I would think her community would support her - but she’s not talking about that, she’s talks about being judged, her past and people thinking she isn’t telling the truth.

I’m not understanding her community saying derogatory things. Is no one offering support? Or just full of criticism for a member of their tight knit community?

Where is all this occurring? I haven’t seen the comments in any msm articles. Or is it all occurring on FB?

Last edited:
If the races keep a close community - extended family situation - wouldn’t they gather around Dulce’s mother and close ranks? I would think her community would support her - but she’s not talking about that, she’s talks about being judged, her past and people thinking she isn’t telling the truth.

I’m not understanding her community saying derogatory things. Is no one offering support? Or just full of criticism for a member of their tight knit community?

Where is all this occurring? I haven’t seen the comments in any msm articles. Or is it all occurring on FB?
I don't know, but you would think the community would come together to help the family find Dulce. They could help to hand out flyers, put up posters, or even organize searches.

When Jayme Closs was abducted they had 2000 volunteers searching for her.

IMO

On fb its getting a little hot with her kinda inconsistent stories and focusing on telling the public of her innocence. This mirrors a case we had just this year in Millville where a mom told the police she got jumped and they ran off with the stroller her son was in. The community rallied so hard even though that makes zero sense considering it was broad daylight in a busy part of town.

Well then the police said they'd be checking the surveillance cameras from businesses in the area and brought in dogs. Well, she folded when they found some of his remains in a purse she buried under the shed and the rest she had tried to burn inside the actual house.

Some people had already expressed doubts because random jumpings don't happen and why would they take the stroller but she apparently had her other son with her too.

And here we are, with a scenario that details are being added as time goes on. Kids don't just get taken around here. Well besides custodial interference.

It's just so puzzling. There are a lot of boots on the ground from civilians. Some searching the day of into the morning hours of the next day. There was fast action from the community.

On fb its getting a little hot with her kinda inconsistent stories and focusing on telling the public of her innocence. This mirrors a case we had just this year in Millville where a mom told the police she got jumped and they ran off with the stroller her son was in. The community rallied so hard even though that makes zero sense considering it was broad daylight in a busy part of town.

Well then the police said they'd be checking the surveillance cameras from businesses in the area and brought in dogs. Well, she folded when they found some of his remains in a purse she buried under the shed and the rest she had tried to burn inside the actual house.

Some people had already expressed doubts because random jumpings don't happen and why would they take the stroller but she apparently had her other son with her too.

And here we are, with a scenario that details are being added as time goes on. Kids don't just get taken around here. Well besides custodial interference.

It's just so puzzling. There are a lot of boots on the ground from civilians. Some searching the day of into the morning hours of the next day. There was fast action from the community.
Sounds like what you’re saying is the community is becoming increasingly suspicious of the circumstances. Tell me more about the cases of custodial interference. Are they frequent? Is the child ultimately returned?

I commend your community for turning out to look for Dulce. It’s the best thing you could do for everyone. I hope she is found safe soon.

Thanks again for the local perspective.

I did see that the locals were out searching in the beginning. This is such a baffling case though and it is hard to know where to search. Sadly, if they are going to continue searching around that park, it needs to be with cadaver dog teams. :(

If she was taken by the red van, she could be absolutely anywhere by now. How do you search?

I don't know, but you would think the community would come together to help the family find Dulce. They could help to hand out flyers, put up posters, or even organize searches.

When Jayme Closs was abducted they had 2000 volunteers searching for her.

IMO

A large illegal immigrant population will keep people far away from where police are concentrated. If the cops are at the park the illegal immigrants won’t go anywhere near there.

That case broke my heart. That sweet face of Daniel Griner was one of the saddest I've seen here on WS.

Found Deceased - NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

So Philly news reported that a search for Dulce was being organized for this weekend. I thought they meant LE would be back at it, but seems it may be community members. Or maybe a combo of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie