GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking 5-10 prior to sentencing. I think it will be much more now. Hard to estimate without seeing the testimony myself yet.

Yeah. And I still have a hard time knowing what I would vote for. But I didn't watch all of sentencing. So I have a prediction about the jury but I don't know where I stand. How about you? What do you think would be just if you'd be willing to say?

Hi @BetteDavisEyes. I have read that they are unsure how long the sentencing hearing will take.

You really should try to catch up on this case; there are some really thought-provoking posts. IMO

I feel like I'm doing an Alice In Wonderland - sentencing first, trial later :D I remember reading about the case when it happened and have heard trial updates on CNN and other news venues. I wonder if there will be a "ripped from the headlines" Lifetime movie about this case?

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland "Sentence First–verdict Afterward" - eNotes.com

I know I am alone in this but I hope it is less than 10.
This is my opinion only. So, please, do not come after me with pitchforks.

No pitchforks. We see a wide range. So your opinion is a fair one.

I just wonder if you would feel the same if it was Bo jean who mistook her apartment and executed her instead of calling 911 and waiting for police?

Was the jury made aware of the fact that she could be paroled after a third of time sentenced?

Yeah and I don't have an issue with gallows humor. But professionalism seems to mandate you don't publish such stuff. And like you sort of said, her postings and texts went beyond gallows humor.

I totally agree. It is necessary sometimes but what she said about the MLK Day parade in particular wasn't even humorous, it was just rude and disrespectful. It's one thing to crack a little joke between colleagues but to write it down and post it on social media shows a distinct lack of professionalism and poor judgement...seems to be a theme with her.

I don't understand where people are seeing comments hating AG. If people want a long sentence bc they feel that's what's just in this case, I'm not seeing where that is hatred for AG. She was the aggressor, he posed no threat, was killed in his own home eating ice cream, he did nothing wrong, a beautiful life snuffed out. Sooo....what's the disconnect for some of you? Comparing what she did with Chris Watts seems disingenuous. How does that help? Chris Watts got the same sentence as serial killers....how's that fair? I mean we can go on and on along those lines but it's completely unproductive. This is a murder conviction. Not manslaughter. Murder.

Commenting on AG's character is also not hatred. Again, it seems some of you are sympathetic towards her and that's fine. But if some of us are not sympathetic, it doesn't mean we're hateful. Again, my sympathy has been and will always be with Botham Jean's family. If some are able to split their sympathies between both parties, good for you. But don't label those who don't feel that way as being hateful.

its Sad that she will probably be a sacrificial lamb for ALL bad cops but on the other hand its much sadder that such a great guy was murdered.
It's very sad that such a great person was killed. I was one who thought that she would be found guilty of manslaughter. Guilty of murder was a total surprise. I feel that she is indeed the sacrificial lamb for all the crimes committed by BAD cops everywhere and that she will be penalized for all these crimes as well as the one she committed. I believe that she should spend time in prison for the crime that she committed but on this site there are people actually wanting the death penalty and life without parole, sentences usually given to criminals who have slaughtered little children or entire families. I must say I'm very surprised at the hatred on WS right now.

And when I say serve 20 years, I mean ever day of it. If she is only going to serve 1/3, then I hope her sentence is 60 years. I don't want her out while she is young, for I fear she would have that same cocky "I'm gonna kick-@&& " attitude and be a danger to those around her. If she serves until she is in her 50's, I am hoping she may get old enough and fat enough to take some of that physically aggressive edge off, that helps make her dangerous. Sadly, the other factor that makes her dangerous (narcissism) will never go away, but she may have enough self-preservation to tone it down a bit, after cooling her jets for 20 years.

It's very sad that such a great person was killed. I was one who thought that she would be found guilty of manslaughter. Guilty of murder was a total surprise. I feel that she is indeed the sacrificial lamb for all the crimes committed by BAD cops everywhere and that she will be penalized for all these crimes as well as the one she committed. I believe that she should spend time in prison for the crime that she committed but on this site there are people actually wanting the death penalty and life without parole, sentences usually given to criminals who have slaughtered little children or entire families. I must say I'm very surprised at the hatred on WS right now.

I feel you on that.

And I also note that the rogue cops who seem to actually face justice are minority cops. She's a woman. There could be some hate because she was having an affair and expressing being horny.

And also some judge women more harshly for actions they don't feel are womanly.

I'm not saying everyone here who wants her to do substantial time is doing that at all. But like I said before, IMO, extreme positions either way to me show that bias is probably clouding reason to some degree. She shouldn't get a slap on the wrist. But she shouldn't be treated like a baby killing child abusing murderer either.

I know I am alone in this but I hope it is less than 10.
This is my opinion only. So, please, do not come after me with pitchforks.

No pitchfork here. You are not alone. I agree. But I don't think it's going to go down that way. I think they'll give her at least 50....the remaining time Bo may have had in his life. Emotionally, I can see it heading in this direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member