GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very sad that such a great person was killed. I was one who thought that she would be found guilty of manslaughter. Guilty of murder was a total surprise. I feel that she is indeed the sacrificial lamb for all the crimes committed by BAD cops everywhere and that she will be penalized for all these crimes as well as the one she committed. I believe that she should spend time in prison for the crime that she committed but on this site there are people actually wanting the death penalty and life without parole, sentences usually given to criminals who have slaughtered little children or entire families. I must say I'm very surprised at the hatred on WS right now.

I see a difference of opinion. I do not see any hatred.

The fact that the family and prosecution ask for 25 to 28 years should be a big relief of burden on the jury. I am surprised they are taking this long. I would think this is an easy decision. Do they want to show leniency or send a message?

WFAA has a judge on there today. He said he expects the jury to quit about 5PM, come back tomorrow and deliberate a good part of the day before reaching a decision. Personally, I think it's going to be around 3:30 this afternoon.

ETA: I've really enjoyed Tanya Eiserer, investigative reporter for WFAA. She's not a flashy newsperson, but knows the nuts and bolts of criminal trials and I've learned a ton from her. Totally think WFAA has done a stellar job here.
Well, it's going on 4PM. I was clearly wrong with my guess. I still think they will finish by today and sleep in their own beds tonight. We'll see!

The fact that the family and prosecution ask for 25 to 28 years should be a big relief of burden on the jury. I am surprised they are taking this long. I would think this is an easy decision. Do they want to show leniency or send a message?

It might not line up with what they want to do. I imagine that would cause a lot of difficulty for them.

I’m more than shocked how people talk about her. She’s no more to the members than a defendant in a criminal trial. She didn’t murder your child, neighbor, or grandmother and yet people kept piling on. I’ve been a casual reader of this site for at least ten years and I don’t ever recall such vitriol for a defendant than in this case.

I’m pretty sure I know why but if I told you I’d probably get kicked off the site.

I'm sorry if you've already given your opinion, but I'm just coming into the thread now after a long hiatus. What do you think would be just in this case?

I’m more than shocked how people talk about her. She’s no more to the members than a defendant in a criminal trial. She didn’t murder your child, neighbor, or grandmother and yet people kept piling on. I’ve been a casual reader of this site for at least ten years and I don’t ever recall such vitriol for a defendant than in this case.

I’m pretty sure I know why but if I told you I’d probably get kicked off the site.

What?? Didn’t follow Casey Anthony case?! Or Scott Peterson?? ETC

It's very sad that such a great person was killed. I was one who thought that she would be found guilty of manslaughter. Guilty of murder was a total surprise. I feel that she is indeed the sacrificial lamb for all the crimes committed by BAD cops everywhere and that she will be penalized for all these crimes as well as the one she committed. I believe that she should spend time in prison for the crime that she committed but on this site there are people actually wanting the death penalty and life without parole, sentences usually given to criminals who have slaughtered little children or entire families. I must say I'm very surprised at the hatred on WS right now.
I completely agree with you.

My belief in God tells me Mr. Jean is in a far better place. We have to hold on to faith which I'm sure his mother and family is doing. Celebration of his life tonight at his church. Public invited.
and one day amber will be in that " Better place"so she gets that too but while she s on this earth she has to pay for his life just the way it is I'm hoping for 28!

If they are close to a sentencing verdict (or have reached decision), the jury might want to spend some time together before the case concludes.

Last edited:
Jodi Arias imo has received the most vitriol out of all the high profile cases that I've been privy to. LOL. And well deserved I might add. But people despise Jodi. The intensity of which is only matched by the adoration for Juan Martinez.

What happens if a hung jury during sentencing phase? Does decision have to be unanimous??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23