GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed> If I had been on a jury I would have convicted of murder due to her statement of intent to kill but I still feel this was more of a manslaughter case. 10 years is all I would have wanted. Convicted child molesters get less time! <modsnip: Racial discussion is NOT allowed at Websleuths.>

Well, convicted child molesters SHOULD be getting more time.

ETA: I'm not sure what other shootings have to do with this. It's not something that played into my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't say that I blame anyone for feeling that outraged. It's a massive miscarriage of justice. People are left to feel that once again, our justice system doesn't care about them.
Although I don't agree with the sentence, I'm very relieved they didn't go with less than 10 years. I had feared they might give her the minimum.

ETA: correction

Last edited:
I am disappointed in the jury's sentence. That said, I think it is important to remember Mr. Jean and the life he lead rather than the shortcomings of Ms. Guyger and the jury's light sentence.

I have no problem with the 10 years at all in general since I'm from Germany and you hardly ever get a longer sentence here but compared to the insane long sentences you get in the US for lesser crimes than MURDER the sentence is absurd.

As pleasantly surprised I was that the jury was able to convict her of murder, I’m just as disappointed that she only got 10 years.

I was hoping for more like 20, as that would serve as a buffer for any time subtracted from her sentence.

She’s in the prime of her life, and she should lose all of it.

Her victim didn’t get to enjoy his.
Exactly. She can get out in her mid-thirties, which is considered pretty much prime for a woman. She will still be able to have children, and considering that I believe she is a sociopath, that is not a good thing.

As pleasantly surprised I was that the jury was able to convict her of murder, I’m just as disappointed that she only got 10 years.

I was hoping for more like 20, as that would serve as a buffer for any time subtracted from her sentence.

She’s in the prime of her life, and she should lose all of it.

Her victim didn’t get to enjoy his.

This! Amen!

WFAA speculating we are not done for today, that Judge Kemp is back talking with the jury and thanking them for their service. After that, AG will come back into the courtroom for victim impact. WFAA also speculating that AG will NOT appeal because with an appeal she could end up with a worse sentence.

WFAA speculating we are not done for today, that Judge Kemp is back talking with the jury and thanking them for their service. After that, AG will come back into the courtroom for victim impact. WFAA also speculating that AG will NOT appeal because with an appeal she could end up with a worse sentence.

AG should count her blessings here.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I mean I'm disappointed too but I have to consider that she was brought to trial, charged with murder, vigorously prosecuted, convicted of murder and a jury gave her 10 years. I mean, we can blame the jury but we can't blame the system on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean I'm disappointed too but I have to consider that she was brought to trial, charged with murder, vigorously prosecuted, convicted of murder and a jury gave her 10 years. I mean, we can blame the jury but we can't blame the system on this one.

The jury is part of the system. The jury is part of the system that plays out like this just about every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88