GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She stole far more than 10 years from her victim's life.

She should pay for every day that her victim would have lived if she hadn't murdered him.

I am sad to see the division this has caused. More victims. No winners. A very sad situation all the way around.

As a final note, I am in awe of Botham Jean's family and their love, dignity, and integrity. Botham was an amazing person.

Administrators, is there an approved link to his family's organization in his honor? I bet there are many here who would like to show their love and support.

I am sad to see the division this has caused. More victims. No winners. A very sad situation all the way around.

As a final note, I am in awe of Botham Jean's family and their love, dignity, and integrity. Botham was an amazing person.

Administrators, is there an approved link to his family's organization in his honor? I bet there are many here who would like to show their love and support.

I'm not sure if the organization is established to that point, yet. I think maybe Botham's mother said they started it very recently. I would love to know what it's called, though!

I mean I'm disappointed too but I have to consider that she was brought to trial, charged with murder, vigorously prosecuted, convicted of murder and a jury gave her 10 years. I mean, we can blame the jury but we can't blame the system on this one.

I think that’s fair. The bright side here is that even after she is released, she will still be known as “a convicted murderer.”

She’s not going to be able to escape public scorn.

This was a jury of her peers, and they decided what they decided. We don’t have to like it, but the system did its job.

She was prosecuted as she should have been.

I have no problem with the 10 years at all in general since I'm from Germany and you hardly ever get a longer sentence here but compared to the insane long sentences you get in the US for lesser crimes than MURDER the sentence is absurd.

I agree, I'm from the Netherlands and 10 years would be in the upper middle range for a non-premeditated murder.

this former druggie is just telling about an officer doing their job. no one is disputing that Amber did her job.
I think it’s awesome this woman got clean and has stayed clean, and it’s nice to see AG encouraged her to get clean and stay clean, but I couldn’t help but notice when this woman said that when AG discovered her at the drug house, she said to her “What are you doing here? You don’t fit the profile.”

Yet another comment that hurts more than it helps her...she had really obvious preconceived notions about people, and what kind of people do certain things and what kind of people are better or worse than other kinds of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge