GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s awesome this woman got clean and has stayed clean, and it’s nice to see AG encouraged her to get clean and stay clean, but I couldn’t help but notice when this woman said that when AG discovered her at the drug house, she said to her “What are you doing here? You don’t fit the profile.”

Yet another comment that hurts more than it helps her...she had really obvious preconceived notions about people, and what kind of people do certain things and what kind of people are better or worse than other kinds of people.

I don't think that woman showed anything about Amber's character, but I do think it's wonderful that she has come out of something so difficult. I think we should all be happy about that.

Judge Tammy allowed him to hug Amber, he said he loves her as a person and he didn’t want to say this in front of his family, but that he didn’t even want her to go to jail. He believed Botham wouldn’t want her to go to jail either, just to give her life to Christ would be enough. Then they hugged for a long time, Amber walking up looked very sorry and remorseful and like she wanted to hug him and just say how sorry she was. She didn’t mean all this.
Hug

I think a nice moment that we don’t often see in a courtroom.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I am not taking credit from anyone, or blaming anyone. I am commenting on the pressure people feel here. People have families, jobs, things to protect. It is a terrifying prospect to be involved in something that can place those things in harms way. I don't believe that diverse juries are set up to make decisions in a space and mentality of safety and support. I think we have an incredibly unfair system that compromises justice and safety for the people it's supposed to protect...like juries and victims.

I've been a victim's advocate here for many years and watched many attorneys question juries. I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members