GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo a bible has no place there but maybe that's because I grew up in a very secular place but since the victim was very christian I guess it's okay just very hard for me to understand.

I think it's very inappropriate for an employee of the government to do this while she is in duty.

On a human level, I get it.

Imo a bible has no place there but maybe that's because I grew up in a very secular place but since the victim was very christian I guess it's okay just very hard for me to understand.
I agree with you. But IMO it wasn't about the bible. It was about the heart of the victim's family. The judge was just helping AG perhaps find a path to finding that in her own life. The book is just one way. There are many ways.

For what it's worth, I don't believe there was ever going to be riots. There was exactly zero talk of that locally. If it happened, it would be outside people traveling here and mucking things up. Some were talking protests, but nothing that wasn't peaceful...and I don't believe anyone was strongly considered even that.

I'm not christian but i absolutely was moved and loved how this played out today. His brother was amazing and strong and powerful in his statement, and in asking to give her a hug, and the mutual back and forth during the hug was so powerful. You could see it was REAL. This wasn't for anything other than mutual sorrow. And i think the family ASKED the judge to take her a bible... and i'm good with that too. Like i said, i'm not Christian, but i'm good with bringing it back to schools and letting everyone do whats in their own hearts... to the best of their ability.

Although I am not a Christian, I believe that the goodness and love of Mr. Jean's family can be a light for all who are in pain. Through their pain, their faith has sustained them. The verdict was right, imo and the sentence light. But, if this family is at peace and can move toward forgiveness it is an example of how faith can give you hope. Bless them and I wish for no more pain to be visited upon them.

The Judge told Amber “you haven’t done anything you cannot be forgiven for. You did a bad thing at a moment in time, what you do now really matters” and gave Amber her copy of the Bible to take with her.

Have to agree...this was so unusual ...I think the father was going to speak but after his son said that no way. I have to wonder what his family thinks about what he did....he seemed nervous to say it in front of his family and he seemed to disappear after. The judge sometimes addresses the defendant from the bench ...this was frankly odd. I am having trouble processing this.

Although I am not a Christian, I believe that the goodness and love of Mr. Jean's family can be a light for all who are in pain. Through their pain, their faith has sustained them. The verdict was right, imo and the sentence light. But, if this family is at peace and can move toward forgiveness it is an example of how faith can give you hope. Bless them and I wish for no more pain to be visited upon them.

I'd like to just ditto you :) I'm atheist but was still touched. When I think of how Christians would act in this situation - this would be it, right? This is what their religious text teaches, no?

Oh my.....what an amazing woman is this judge? And, BJ family? Saints on earth.
For those who are uncomfortable with the judge giving AG a bible? I’ll pray for you. She didn’t do this in her official capacity.....it was done in her human capacity.

Have to agree...this was so unusual ...I think the father was going to speak but after his son said that no way. I have to wonder what his family thinks about what he did....he seemed nervous to say it in front of his family and he seemed to disappear after. The judge sometimes addresses the defendant from the bench ...this was frankly odd. I am having trouble processing this.

It's been a very unusual trial!

I think it's very inappropriate for an employee of the government to do this while she is in duty.

On a human level, I get it.

You know I think Judge Tammy is unique in that she is not hardened in her role - which I’m sure granted is a way to shield yourself so you can actually do that job.
I also think she has her finger on the pulse of how to handle people in her court on an individual bases.
Which is just awesome IMO.

WFAA is talking about the risk of an appeal and whether she/her attorneys will file. The idea that she could be convicted again and get a longer sentence. After witnessing the Jean family and their grace, I would hope that Ms. Guyger sees the gifts that have just been given by the family--- forgiveness --and reconsiders an appeal.

What a sunny smile he had. :(
My thoughts are with his family.
Very graceful in all of their pain.

I don't think 10 years is enough. :mad:
She'll most likely be out before that time is up. Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member