AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a good understanding of the mindset of someone who could commit a crime like that. It makes sense.

I would imagine such a crime would take a lot of research. I would wonder how a remote city like Bridgeton would even be on the radar of an abductor.

I've been curious who else may live in the home where Dulce lived. We know her ** year old brother and Grandmom and Grandfather.

** 3 year old brother, omit

Abductions do happen in small towns. As with Mollie Tibbetts, it could be an illegal migrant worker who stalked for a short time and then acted when there was a clear opportunity. She was murdered in less than an hour and left near a road in a corn field - covered with plant material, but not buried.

Something to consider is that the family speaks Spanish, so a Spanish speaking man would have a much easier time of luring Dulce than a man who speaks English or any other language.

Maybe local farmers should be searching their fields.

Have you seen this child? Dulce Alavez

No longer listing vehicle as red van, but rather unknown vehicle.

I'm guessing that means the man putting the child in the back seat of a red van is unrelated to Dulce. I think that also means it's more likely that Dulce is somewhere in the park or that she was led away on foot.

Does anyone recall where the search dogs went? Did they go directly to the location of the red van that is unrelated to her disappearance, or did they go somewhere else?

I'm guessing that means the man putting the child in the back seat of a red van is unrelated to Dulce. I think that also means it's more likely that Dulce is somewhere in the park or that she was led away on foot.

Does anyone recall where the search dogs went? Did they go directly to the location of the red van that is unrelated to her disappearance, or did they go somewhere else?
Maybe I'm mistaken because I haven't read every post, but I recall reading about the dog finding a hit, searching for a short time, and then losing the scent. Nothing about location, though I assume it started on the playground.

"Earlier Thursday, investigators were at Bridgeton City Park with bloodhounds tracking the 5-year-old's scent. They picked up something for approximately an hour, but then lost it."

IMO An hour is a longer time than it would have taken her to go from the playground to the buildings behind it. I too wonder where the scent dropped off.

Maybe I'm mistaken because I haven't read every post, but I recall reading about the dog finding a hit, searching for a short time, and then losing the scent. Nothing about location, though I assume it started on the playground.

"Earlier Thursday, investigators were at Bridgeton City Park with bloodhounds tracking the 5-year-old's scent. They picked up something for approximately an hour, but then lost it."

IMO An hour is a longer time than it would have taken her to go from the playground to the buildings behind it. I too wonder where the scent dropped off.

Thank you for finding that! I agree - if the dog tracked from the playground to the parking lot, the search would have been over in 5 minutes. Tracking for one hour should provide investigators with a good idea about where she went. Perhaps that is why the park has been so carefully searched, including the water.

Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park

Not sure where initial hit was. Linked article has a great picture of view of playground from between the two buildings , if that’s still relevant. Also, many quoted statements that have since been contradicted.

“That search, which resumed Tuesday, included the nearby Sunset Lake and its historic “raceway,” which once carried water to power local industries. A dive team is involved in the effort.”

“As family, friends and concerned area residents gathered at the park Tuesday morning, police, some with dogs, continued their search into the woods behind the playground as a state police helicopter hovered nearby over the woods.”

I'm also curious about the discussion yesterday - related to Dulce being at the playground the Friday before the abduction. I wonder if investigators have pursued video and photos from that day. I agree with others that the suspect was very likely at the playground prior to the abduction and could be captured on digital images from earlier days. Has anyone heard of a request for information on that Friday between specific times?

otto, that direction gives you the Alden field dugouts and Jeddy's pond. These threads are so long I am not sure if they have searched the banks of the pond and put a boat on the water with an underwater camera or ROV.

This is maddening... Had LE brought in specialized SAR resources right off the bat, the dog handlers and trackers could have had this figured out and eliminated or supported a number of scenarios. Checking the perimeter of the Jeddy's pond and the dugouts for foot prints, a track trail in the direction of travel in the grass.... We almost never get called in until everyone and their brother has stomped all over the evidence.... <Tracker pounding desk with red face wondering if authorities will EVER get over jurisdictional egos, learn what resources are available, and call in the pro's>

otto, that direction gives you the Alden field dugouts and Jeddy's pond. These threads are so long I am not sure if they have searched the banks of the pond and put a boat on the water with an underwater camera or ROV.

I'll map that out later this afternoon. Now that the red van has been excluded, I'm more curious about the surrounding walkable areas. Has anyone found trail maps for the park?

Yes, but what would a healthy/normal individual do if they saw an unaccompanied 3 year old at a playground? It can be assumed he was in distress because his ice cream was on the ground and his sister was being led away. (Unbeknownst to the observer but very real to the toddler). Even if it didn’t register that his sister was being abducted to the observer ... would the witness not keep an eye on a three year old alone at a park?

It is interesting. Absolutely. Maybe they were first on the play structure and they could see them at the top of the slide? Every few moments?

BBM for focus
Not that you can depend on, not in my experience. As a mother, I would keep an eye on a 3 year old alone in a park. But that's me. I'd have no qualms about approaching and helping a small child if I thought they were separated from their parents. But not everyone is as foresighted or as attentive, and yes, in my case, as nosy, as me. Or they're not paying attention or have their own kids to watch.

Concerning the residence of Dulce’s mother: I have not been able to find ANY reference to where she lived on MSM. I’ll keep trying as I have time. Maybe I misremembered this.

BBM for focus
Not that you can depend on, not in my experience. As a mother, I would keep an eye on a 3 year old alone in a park. But that's me. I'd have no qualms about approaching and helping a small child if I thought they were separated from their parents. But not everyone is as foresighted or as attentive, and yes, in my case, as nosy, as me. Or they're not paying attention or have their own kids to watch.

It seems that a lot of parents are busy with their phones while their children are doing something nearby, so it's quite possible that other parents are oblivious to what their children and other children are actually doing at the playground. They would look up if a mother was frantically calling for a child, but otherwise they may just glance at their own children from time to time.

I’m still thinking about the TWO RED Cars or SUV/Vans that was seen in the parking lot from the video inside the store while Dulce and her brother were choosing ice creams.
Could someone have followed Dulces mom car from the store to the park and continued on to park behind the playground after Dulces mom parked? Maybe just to watch the kids play and then when Dulce came over when he waved he just took her.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t hurry to help a crying 3-year old on the playground. Where I live people are very strict about stranger danger and do not want their child to accept help from a stranger even one with good intentions. The mother arrived fairly quickly.

A far as the move to get the reward money it would never occur to me that someone might try that. It seems adolescent and even feeble-minded but that’s just me.

Maybe the vehicle was obstructing the view of Manuel in the playground when the witness saw Dulce being led off with the man or perhaps if Manuel did make his way back to parking lot he was out of view of the witness ? Or maybe just the uneven terrain
like from Noema car to swings was instructed ? Just a thought

A local posted upthread that this pond was drained. I also read that the waterway was drained. It's all controllable from a dam upstream from there, as I recall.

I'll map that out later this afternoon. Now that the red van has been excluded, I'm more curious about the surrounding walkable areas. Has anyone found trail maps for the park?
Here is a description of the park. I've not been able to find trail maps. The only walkable areas I remember from being there many years ago was the wooden walkway around the zoo. Seems they've added more nature trails or I just never knew they were there.

Bridgeton City Park/Cohanzick Zoo/Sunset Lake

It seems that a lot of parents are busy with their phones while their children are doing something nearby, so it's quite possible that other parents are oblivious to what their children and other children are actually doing at the playground. They would look up if a mother was frantically calling for a child, but otherwise they may just glance at their own children from time to time.
Parents of young children...and most people in general...need to put their phones up when in a public place. People aren't paying attention to their surroundings these days.

I'm pretty attentive in public, but some folks are in their own little world or they just keep to themselves. Or they don't want to exert themselves or get involved. I guess there are several reasons why someone might not attend to a distressed child alone in a park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member