Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
@afitzy you got me thinking ..

Why would FD need to take off JD’s Vineyard Vines shirt and bra to bury her .

He wouldn’t have .

Maybe, the reason he took off her clothes was to cook her .

Ugh.. sorry that was painful to write .

Moo

What do they do in a tannery business? We’ve discussed gutting a deer. One minute if you’re a pro. 15-20 not a pro. Dulos family tanned hides, right? So did they buy animals, kill, butcher and tan their hides? Or did they just buy hides from butcher shops or animal slaughter houses. Makes me want to eat more soy beans.
Let’s see. He’s 52. So 42 years ago, he’d have been exposed to the family business. Late 70’s and interest rates were skyrocketing out of control. That doesn’t help me figure out if they slaughtered animals as well.
The Guardian had an archive repost about the Greek junta from May, 1970. Torture and worse. No wonder Dulos came to the USA. No wonder he had revenge fantasies. I’d bet the family did tannery from soup to nuts. Keep costs down and profit margins up. Live animal to finished leather goods. IMOO.

Last edited:
What a guy....Just doing a quick search to find a FD article and up popped his FORE Group bio--Talk about irony.

The bio mentions as one of his outstanding traits his "integrity". Then, in the same paragraph, it states in lives with his 5 children in the Farmington home. He NEVER lived in the home with the 5 children without JD...the bio, again, of course, makes no mention of his still wife and the mother of his 5 children. Nor did he ever get his pilot's license...AFIK....Grrrrr...Complete idjiot!

Fotis Dulos
Fotis Dulos has distinguished himself as a premier builder and developer in Farmington Valley. Fotis, who also holds a B.A. in Applied Mathematics from Brown University and an MBA in Finance from Columbia Business School has developed his reputation based on integrity, hard work, great communication skills, and stunning homes that people love to live in. Fotis lives in Farmington, Connecticut with his five children, (Names omitted by me) . Fotis also enjoys competitive water skiing, downhill skiing, architecture, reading, flying and playing Legos with his kids.
Fotis Dulos - Fore Group Inc.

Am sure this was posted before, but it struck me as I glanced through it....I've been shaking my head for days over this entire situation. MOO

He enjoys flying???? Wanna be Pilot??? But he’s not a flight risk? FLIGHT risk, get it? Flying????
CT cannot possibly be that stupid.

What do they do in a tannery business? We’ve discussed gutting a deer. One minute if you’re a pro. 15-20 not a pro. Dulos family tanned hides, right? So did they buy animals, kill, butcher and ran their hides? Or did they just buy hides from butcher shops or animal slaughter houses. Makes me want to eat more soy beans.
Let’s see. He’s 52. So 42 years ago, he’d have been exposed to the family business. Late 70’s and interest rates were skyrocketing out of control. That doesn’t help me figure out if they slaughtered animals as well.
The Guardian had an archive repost about the Greek junta from May, 1970. Torture and worse. No wonder Dulos came to the USA. No wonder he had revenge fantasies. I’d bet the family did tannery from soup to nuts. Keep costs down and profit margins up. Live animal to finished leather goods. IMOO.
Can't disagree with you at all that you'd get higher margins doing 'tip to tail' but I'm not sure how much in the way of livestock (bovine in particular) was available locally in order to have any level of volume for a tanning operation.

As to hides available in Greece I can see lamb, perhaps some pig and goat but I'm not sure the land itself sustains much in the way of volume of bovine hides. Perhaps a connection was found to import cowhide? IDK. Italy has had an active finished leather market for years and I wonder if they imported hides for local processing or if they processed hides from Italian sources?

Very basic overview of Greek ag indicates "Less than one-third of the land area is cultivable, with the remainder consisting of pasture, scrub, and forest".

Greece - Agriculture, forestry, and fishing

Good histórical overview of leather industry - global:
https://leatherpanel.org/sites/defa...r_and_leather_products_industry_and_trade.pdf

Last edited:
Can't disagree with you at all that you'd get higher margins doing 'tip to tail' but I'm not sure how much in the way of livestock was available locally in order to have any level of volume for a tanning operation.

As to hides available in Greece I can see lamb and goat but I'm not sure the land itself sustains much in the way of volume of cowhides. Perhaps a connection was found to import cowhide? IDK.

Very basic overview of Greek ag indicates "Less than one-third of the land area is cultivable, with the remainder consisting of pasture, scrub, and forest".

Greece - Agriculture, forestry, and fishing

Greeks are big lamb eaters. So it would stand to reason like you said, lamb and goat. I don’t think I ever heard what type of hides they processed. And lamb and goats are much smaller than cows. Easier to slaughter, etc.
I’m with tip to tail. Besides, I like the alliteration.

Greeks are big lamb eaters. So it would stand to reason like you said, lamb and goat. I don’t think I ever heard what type of hides they processed. And lamb and goats are much smaller than cows. Easier to slaughter, etc.
Also, the tanning industry seemed to migrate away from the EU for a variety of reasons beginning in the 80s. I don't recall when FD brought his parents to the US or if we know what happened to the 'family business'. But by all accounts most the tanning operations at the time of FD childhood were SME mainly family owned businesses and my guess is that they simply closed as the generation running them retired as the tanning industry shifted away from the EU and US to China, Brazil and India.

Omg. He used to tan hides. MT sells Patagonia Styles Argentinian animal hides. (Maybe from China, point is the animal hide connection.) What’s up with all of this????

IF FD had accomplished his task in New Canaan swiftly and without blood letting, EE would never have known his truck was borrowed, there would've been no need for the dumpster drive. We know this was pre-meditated; we just don't know what his plan was. I proffer he did not expect bloodshed because clearly he was ill-prepared for it. Didn't bring tarps, didn't cover the truck seats in plastic, etc.. I've convinced myself he intended to stage her a suicide. Think how easily he may actually have gotten away with that. No evidence he was anywhere near NC.... no one would've been looking for a red Tacoma because no one would have known he drove it.... he could've done it all in a quick hour, been back home with his phone, waiting for word of her unfortunate "suicide" which would have potentially rendered him a very wealthy man, because either he or the children would've been beneficiaries. MOO

I think the only thing he's been honest about is his "revenge suicide" theory, only the revenge was HIS, and suicide was what he wanted everyone to think happened to her. No need to investigate further. MOO

Something unpredicted happened in that garage. Perhaps she fought back and he issued a blow or a slice that drew blood, thereby robbing him of his "suicide story" or the blood spill happened after he'd already killed her. With the trouble he went to to borrow a vehicle, doctor license plates, park at a distance, blood couldn't possibly have been part of his master plan. It was the whole weirdness if his obsession over the car seats that really tipped off the whole investigation into his movements and whereabouts.

No blood in the red truck, no seats to be replaced, and EE would've had no reason to think anyone used his truck, correct? No one would've been looking for it on surveillance tapes....

So what remains for me is JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER. WHAT did he do with her????? Seems like he had a very small window, a lot of unexpected clean up, not enough time to do it, and he'd want to put some distance between her and her house, her and him, her and his house. A malignant narcissist who plots violence for sport, I'll bet, can think of just the perfect hiding spot. Stash and dash. MOO but I believe she's somewhere he knows of. Random construction site. He only had so much time....

I hope they find her, so she can be laid to rest properly and so her body can tell the story of what happened to her.

He needs to be locked up for life.

MOO

I'm just really curious about this whole line of inquiry.

Just seems that you could dig and dig and dig and keep digging all the way to China with FD and MT and simply find there is nothing there.

There is that Dr Suess quote that I think is, "...Not here not there not anywhere"... that kind of reminds me of the fundamental emptiness of MT and FD.

But I'm really very curious about alternative theories on these two folks!

@NameisNobody asked me to “dig a little deeper” to figure out why MT fell for FD.

I don’t need to dig, I can easily scratch that ticket to find the answer .

She was “ridden hard and put away wet”.
In a youth fueled city like Miami she was an Old Maid , FD was her last and final hope and she took it.

IF FD had accomplished his task in New Canaan swiftly and without blood letting, EE would never have known his truck was borrowed, there would've been no need for the dumpster drive. We know this was pre-meditated; we just don't know what his plan was. I proffer he did not expect bloodshed because clearly he was ill-prepared for it. Didn't bring tarps, didn't cover the truck seats in plastic, etc.. I've convinced myself he intended to stage her a suicide. Think how easily he may actually have gotten away with that. No evidence he was anywhere near NC.... no one would've been looking for a red Tacoma because no one would have known he drove it.... he could've done it all in a quick hour, been back home with his phone, waiting for word of her unfortunate "suicide" which would have potentially rendered him a very wealthy man, because either he or the children would've been beneficiaries. MOO

I think the only thing he's been honest about is his "revenge suicide" theory, only the revenge was HIS, and suicide was what he wanted everyone to think happened to her. No need to investigate further. MOO

Something unpredicted happened in that garage. Perhaps she fought back and he issued a blow or a slice that drew blood, thereby robbing him of his "suicide story" or the blood spill happened after he'd already killed her. With the trouble he went to to borrow a vehicle, doctor license plates, park at a distance, blood couldn't possibly have been part of his master plan. It was the whole weirdness if his obsession over the car seats that really tipped off the whole investigation into his movements and whereabouts.

No blood in the red truck, no seats to be replaced, and EE would've had no reason to think anyone used his truck, correct? No one would've been looking for it on surveillance tapes....

So what remains for me is JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER. WHAT did he do with her????? Seems like he had a very small window, a lot of unexpected clean up, not enough time to do it, and he'd want to put some distance between her and her house, her and him, her and his house. A malignant narcissist who plots violence for sport, I'll bet, can think of just the perfect hiding spot. Stash and dash. MOO but I believe she's somewhere he knows of. Random construction site. He only had so much time....

I hope they find her, so she can be laid to rest properly and so her body can tell the story of what happened to her.

He needs to be locked up for life.

MOO

I totally agree with you. I think whatever he planned to do to get rid of JD, he didn't plan on a mess that would appear she had been murdered. He had to improvise....obviously, LE, with many more resources than we have, has been working on that for 4 months.

There was quite a bit of time between JD's disappearance and the police seriously looking at Sturbridge. The noise at that property still bothers me. Are there other properties where he could have temporarily hidden the body and returned after MT was asleep. (This is under the assumption that NBT was staying at 4 JeffersonX that night)

And, why did he question EE about the route EE took from NC to Farmington? Could FD have put something to implicate EE on that route? That question may have some significance, except it was asked, I think, after the police were pressing FD for information.

I'm, as many others, stymied why FD is so confident that body won't be found easily, if ever. The only things I can think of are deep in the Atlantic or disintegrated in some manner.

I agree... finding JD and letting her family and friends have an answer and time to grieve is so important to moving on. And, FD needs to be held accountable for what he "has done." Here's to LE finding forensic evidence to weave into the excellent arrest warrants that will tell more of the story. MOO

Last edited:
@NameisNobody asked me to “dig a little deeper” to figure out why MT fell for FD.

In a youth fueled city like Miami she was an Old Maid , FD was her last and final hope and she took it.
Exactly.

What do they do in a tannery business? We’ve discussed gutting a deer. One minute if you’re a pro. 15-20 not a pro. Dulos family tanned hides, right? So did they buy animals, kill, butcher and tan their hides? Or did they just buy hides from butcher shops or animal slaughter houses. Makes me want to eat more soy beans.

Oh, my gosh. I had to edit this because I had put in the standard “M-O-O” and it made me sick given the topic, and then I originally had “Oh, dear” and even though it wasn’t “deer,” just couldn’t have that today. My very own opinion. That works!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think he took them off of her because he dismembered her and they were in the way. I do think parts of her were spread out in the bags.

I always thought it was because if you are cutting anything with a saw, especially an electric type, pieces of clothing or threads, etc. can get stuck in the saw teeth and stop it. Horrible, I know. MOO.

I'm not familiar with any current info linking FD to tannery.

It's actually MT that has a family business that markets imported hides and leather goods.

I am no fan of MT at all times 10000000 and this is NOT in support of her and DEFINITELY NOT in any way disagreeing with what you wrote here; it is just my thought about the case overall: How is it that at every juncture, the parts of this case that center on MT, FD, and NP consistently reveal such reprehensible, offensive, arrogant, and purposefully ignorant attitudes and behaviors (and I mean THEIRS, not just people who concur with them)? I am aghast and that’s an understatement. They have all had access to good educations and many benefits in life and still they are like this? I do not understand it.

And then, on the other side of the spectrum, we have JD, who has unfailingly been described by everyone other than FD/NP (see above on them) as kind, sweet, caring, gentle, and thoughtful, even though in this world, it is true that someone as beautiful, smart, and rich as she was could have been otherwise if she wished with few repercussions. If it weren’t for the light shone by the attitudes and behaviors of JD, her kids, GF, and her friends and supporters, this entire case would be a black hole of humanity’s despair. I can’t entirely decide if the juxtaposition of JD’s kind, loving spirit against the unconscionable cruelty of FD/MT/NP is a much-needed reminder of the good in the world still or if it makes this all even sadder. Both, I think. All of this is my opinion, of course.

I'm not familiar with any current info linking FD to tannery.

It's actually MT that has a family business that markets imported hides and leather goods.

Current, I don’t know, but somewhere in these threads (I can search if you like), it was established that FD’s family of origin in Greece did have a tanning business when he was growing up there. I don’t think he’s practiced that trade in the U.S. but I think that experiences we have as children stay with us in terms of what we can and can’t tolerate and I think that becoming acclimated to the sights of butchering, blood, and parts of formerly living creatures probably would remain with us especially in context. Years ago, I worked as a veterinary assistant and while I haven’t done that as a job for a very long time, when I stop by the vet’s with one of my pets or just to visit, I can help with a surgery or just stand and talk while he operates like it’s nothing, like it was all those years ago. But thinking about an animal being slaughtered or butchered for whatever reason makes me feel faint and nauseous. That’s just my experience but it seems relevant related to FD to me. Just my opinion only.

Yes, isn't it stunning to still see these pictures defiantly shared TO THIS DAY on FB!

What kind of message is FD sharing with his children about basic respect, self respect, let alone respect of the LAW? These pictures IMO send the message of defiance and absolute lack of respect to JD, Judge Heller, Family Court and the rule of law in CT. Ditto on this entire paragraph for MT as she was there and not only that brought her daughter into the entire situation of defiance of the court order regarding the Dulos children. What parent would do such a thing? We have our answers, FD and MT!

I do hope to one day see where each and every choice FD has ever made with regard to his life, children and marriage will be laid BARE in court when the inevitable IMO day comes to terminate his parental rights occurs and the 5 children will no longer be faced with having FD in their lives legally. This FB picture to me can simply be another exhibit as to why some people should just not be parents. What kind of sick mind would even think that that picture of the Dulos Family with MT and daughter represented "Winning" on any level? Delusion pure and simple IMO. I truly wonder if the FD Greek Family are aware of the depths of the psychological damage that FD inflicted on his entire family and in particular his oldest sons? Could they know all this and yet still defend FD as publicly as they seem to have done in this case? IDK. I know there are 2 sides to every story but I cannot come up with any second side to justify any of the FD behaviour in Family Court.

Its not only the prioritising of the relationship with MT and her daughter over his own 5 children regarding the Family Court order for over 8 months but it was the ongoing actions of using his 2 oldest children to lie on his behalf to the detriment of their mental health that I believe will eventually be Exhibit A in the case against FD being a parent. But the kicker in this entire situation was how both MT and FD used MT daughter as part of their entire scheme as well and this in my mind was what made it all so sick and diabolical. Any of the comments here IMO could be applied directly to MT without qualification as to parental decision making (or lack thereof IMO).

Why the State of CT did not intervene to protect the Dulos children is a mystery to me and I truly wonder if any case can be made to support malpractice against GAL Meehan as he was supposedly in place TO SAFEGUARD THE INTERESTS OF THE DULOS CHILDREN! GAL Meehan by all accounts seems to have 'melted away' when the older children needed him most and I truly wonder why this might have been the case?

Given the seals in place on the records its impossible to answer any of these questions. We do know both sets of attys have put in motions to terminate GAL Meehan but it appears that Judge Heller has not yet done so. I just have to wonder what is causing the delay in terminating GAL Meehan? We saw his clear role in the 'stolen psych report' and prior to this his choices regarding the safeguarding of the oldest Dulos children. Why did GAL Meehan not petition the court about the situation with the ongoing games being played by MT, FD and her daughter with regard to the court order that 'MT not be present when the Dulos children are present' and how FD and MT twisted this order to mean that because MT daughter was not technically included in the order that it was somehow OK for her to be present with the Dulos children. IDK, but if the GAL were aware of this entire situation going on at 4Jx where MT daughter was with the Dulos children when they visited (while MT was absent) and did nothing you really have to wonder how this was justified based on the fact that the GAL mission is to safeguard the interests of the children? How many other similar type judgment calls were made by GAL Meehan about the children such that the situation evolved to the point where JD atty called for him to be terminated? Where was Judge Heller when all this was going on too?

IMO this is all so profoundly disturbing and deeply upsetting that we have all these so called 'professionals' surrounding a family situation that seemed to be clearly spiralling and that there was no intervention. I know looking back is sometimes not productive, but in this case I truly do wonder if putting FD in jail for any period of time to extricate him from a situation where he couldn't control himself, might have better safeguarded his children and averted any disastrous consequences. The situation in Family Court IMO was simply heartbreaking.

MOO

This says all I felt when I tried earlier tonight to express my disgust about so much of what we’ve seen in this case! If I’d read this first, I just would have said, “Ditto!” about 900 times!

My Internet is behaving badly and I can’t find the post asking for thoughts on why FD/MT got together but here’s my thought on that and all of the other unsavory people FD seemed to associate with such as the KM (I think) attorney and so on. I do believe that people often have an affinity for people who are like them in some fundamental, perhaps subvocalized way like cats do to communicate with other cats (they meow to people because they know we’re too, well, primitive to understand otherwise—truly) only we don’t recognize it as such. Don’t you guys just kind of seem to know when you’ve found what a very smart person I know calls “your people” (like kindred spirits) even in all kinds of different settings? JD clearly wasn’t one of FD’s “people” or a kindred spirit and he wasn’t one of hers based on what we’ve learned (all my opinion) but they both wanted it to work at that time for what seems to be very different reasons. That’s happened to me at times and to others I know at times, too, and we certainly can and often do like and love people who aren’t “our people” or kindred spirits but it seems like we just recognize people who align with our deepest nature—good or bad. My friend seems to be an empath and certainly is deep herself so who knows? All my opinion.

Edited to add this: When I talk about the concept of “our people,” I am not, not, NOT talking about class, material things, looks, ages, genders, religions, sports teams, politics, or any of those kinds of things. It’s more of a sensibility or essence of a person, like the intrinsic qualities they themselves have, seek to have, and value such as compassion, etc. All my opinions.

I’m hoping along with you all for good things tomorrow/today/always on JD. Bless you all for your efforts for her, her kids, her mom, and all those who truly loved her.

Last edited:
Was the 5 minute Dr. Oz follow up from Oct 1 discussed? If not, I found it interesting that one of the people said that family courts are not equipped to deal with narcissistic parents like FD. They also showed a clip of all of the horrible things NP has said and they commented as to why anyone/FD would hire a person who could bad mouth his missing/possibly dead wife and the mother of his 5 children. They showed the clip of NP talking about Christmas morning where FD smirks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48