GUILTY VA - Suzanne "Suzie" Fairman, 53, found asphyxiated in bath tub, Richmond, May 2019 *Arrest*

I do hope it's moving forward. Communities may not need to know certain things, but we certainly want to know. The argument could be made that we need that information to feel secure. Certainly not every single detail, but enough to know things are, indeed, moving forward. It seems as tough very little about this has been released since the start. Maybe it has to be that way, IDK.

I've searched to see if they have released the name of the suspect. I can only guess why his name has not been released. It's the only reason they don't release the name.

Based on what I've seen, this is not the type of character that she would ever hang out with or be acquainted with.

...a lowlife dirtbag with a long felony history. He had to be following her around her neighborhood, or on one of her runs jogging in the morning. Certainly doesn't sound like anybody that she run into on the VCU Campus

Try him, convict him, and throw away the key

I don't know how a grand jury indictment works but a man was also just charged with the May 8th murder and sexual assault of a baby in Richmond- coincidence or this has something to do with a grand jury indictment? Either way, I'm so relieved both of these murderers are off our streets and will have to pay for their crimes.
VA - Nariah Brown, 17 months, dies after sexual assault, Richmond, 8 May 2019

What's with the abduction charge? I feel as though I see that fairly often, but not sure why he's charged with abduction if this all happened at Suzie's house and he didn't take her anywhere.

Oh also that reporter I've been emailing with about the case sent me information regarding the arrest, nothing new except she does have this quote:
“Knowing Clark was taken into custody so quickly was a relief for everyone involved in the investigation,” said Major Crimes Captain James Laino. “I wish we could have shared that information sooner with the community, but we didn’t want to release his name until we had all the evidence collected to present to the grand jury.”

Looks like it has nothing to do with each other. Here is the suspect in the other case.

Richmond man charged in death, sexual assault of toddler at motel

I don't know how a grand jury indictment works but a man was also just charged with the May 8th murder and sexual assault of a baby in Richmond- coincidence or this has something to do with a grand jury indictment? Either way, I'm so relieved both of these murderers are off our streets and will have to pay for their crimes.

What's with the abduction charge? I feel as though I see that fairly often, but not sure why he's charged with abduction if this all happened at Suzie's house and he didn't take her anywhere.

Oh also that reporter I've been emailing with about the case sent me information regarding the arrest, nothing new except she does have this quote:
“Knowing Clark was taken into custody so quickly was a relief for everyone involved in the investigation,” said Major Crimes Captain James Laino. “I wish we could have shared that information sooner with the community, but we didn’t want to release his name until we had all the evidence collected to present to the grand jury.”

Looks like it has nothing to do with each other. Here is the suspect in the other case.

Richmond man charged in death, sexual assault of toddler at motel

Oh no I didn’t mean the two cases had anything to do with each other other than they were both murders, in Richmond, and the murderers were both charged today. So I was wondering if a grand jury is similar to what my mom had to do a few years ago but I think called it “true bill”. A jury comes together and hears potential charges/evidence against multiple people/cases and decides whether each of the cases will move forward (aka indicting) ??

>What's with the abduction charge? I feel as though I see that fairly often, but not sure why he's charged with abduction if this all happened at Suzie's house and he didn't take her anywhere.

>
§ 18.2-47. Abduction and kidnapping defined; punishment.
A. Any person who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes another person with the intent to deprive such other person of his personal liberty or to withhold or conceal him from any person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge, shall be deemed guilty of "abduction."

This is literally textbook abduction.

Oh no I didn’t mean the two cases had anything to do with each other other than they were both murders, in Richmond, and the murderers were both charged today. So I was wondering if a grand jury is similar to what my mom had to do a few years ago but I think called it “true bill”. A jury comes together and hears potential charges/evidence against multiple people/cases and decides whether each of the cases will move forward (aka indicting) ??

Yes, that's a grand jury.

West End contractor arrested for murdering Richmond woman found dead in bathtub

So he was a contractor that did some work on her house that was "unsatisfactory" and according to the article she "made her voice heard." He has a prior rape conviction. As a woman who currently lives alone in Richmond, this just makes me sick. Can't even get decent work done to your own house without having to worry what might happen to you.
I just pulled him up on the Virginia court website, his middle name is Edward FYI (makes it easier to search). I wonder when his trial will be/ what he'll plea and when we'll find out. The only thing on the court website is the 10/7 true bill grand jury indictment for all three charges.

I don't have anything to add...other than it's all so sad. A woman who radiated such joy to have her life stolen like that...tragic. I'm so glad this guy has been indicted and hope he never gets out. I check the national sex offender registry on everyone I will be meeting alone with. I also check the VA circuit court database. I also don't hire anyone to work at my house not licensed by DPOR, and verify. You just can't be too careful. It's horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back