GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall spoke candidly about the Amber Guyger trial and its potential impact on the department in a radio interview.
Anvato Universal Player

Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall vows to regain public’s trust after Amber Guyger trial

Great plan. Start by saying an investigation will be done...and in the next breath state that she, Dallas Police Chief, had absolutely no information regarding the investigation as it was handled by the Texas Rangers. That Hall heard the information during the trial.

I don't believe that the Dallas Police Department did not know any information regarding the investigation from the Texas Rangers prior to the trial. Not buying that for a nanosecond.

I understand your view. I appreciate your civil responses. They are well thought out for sure. HOWEVER, I do take issue with the notion of "Freedom FROM Religion" point of view. I don't believe the Founding Fathers of our Nation envisioned that. I lean toward "Freedom OF Religion" and its free expression. So if the Judge had offered a Quran, Torah, etc., I am good with that. I don't believe there were any laws broken here. I suppose there is something to sue for in this America the Offended culture. I just can't understand the rabid outlook of not wanting to see or hear about religion or God in any way, shape or form. Don't get it. And I don't go to church.

Hi Bella!

I am proudly a woman who has a strong faith in God nor will I ever deny my forgiving, loving God either, who I have faithfully believed in since a little girl ..who has been with right with me in the very darkest of times, and throughout all the many blessings in my life.

Oh a bit of refreshing news I read about today that stated, more, and more are returning to church again. Also more faith based rights cases are being successfully won in their favor. :)

Ita! Even though all of us have the same rights to have entitled opinions, I know I only own mine. So this is only my opinion about what happend in the courtroom including the judge's behavior.

Somewhat it reminds me of what can happen in church when a Pastor makes an emotional sermon, then asking all if they have been saved, if not, do they want to be saved, and in an emotional response one will stand, then another, and more will come down to the alter with many in tears of joy.

I believe this is what happened, more or less, here as well. The judge had never seen such a genuine display of pure kindness, and forgiveness like shown by Bo's brother. What a precious young man. Bo must be so proud of his brother who is far wiser than his age.

While it's easy to get caught up in all of the constant bitterness shown now, it's also equally obtainable to be caught up in the moment by seeing, and hearing the overwhelming kindness, and forgiveness he showed all of us in the courtroom.

It does show how powerful kind acts straight from everyone's heart truly is believe it or not. Since it happened it's been shown on many news outlets, and online, over, and over again.

Why? Because it's such a badly needed heartwarming beautiful story about love, kindness, and forgiveness, that should, and deserves to be told.

So it's not surprising this judge was caught in the beautiful moment either. Judges aren't robots, each one have individual human feelings like we all do.

Imo, she is being unfairly judged way too harshly, but it's not surprising in today's climate unfortunately.

JMHOO though..

Last edited:
Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot is ordered to appear before Judge Tammy Kemp later this month and answer for an interview he gave while under a gag order in the Amber Guyger murder trial.

Kemp learned of Cruezot's interview with FOX 4 in pretrial motions shortly before the trial opened Sept. 23.

Kemp was visibly upset when the defense brought up the interview and produced a copy for her to watch prior to opening remarks.

According to court documents obtained by partner KRLD-AM's Austin York, Creuzot is ordered to appear before Kemp on Oct. 31 and show cause as to why he should not be held in contempt or face arrest.

upload_2019-10-4_18-34-53.jpeg
Kemp's notice to show cause said the violation disrupted "the ability of the court to conduct its business in an orderly and expeditious manner" and obstructed "the administration of justice."

Kemp was visibly upset after learning her gag order had been ignored but refused to call a mistrial.

Dallas County DA Faces Contempt Charge in Guyger Case

There was a lot of discussion on the Heather Elvis case is Sidney Moorer. Judge got down and shook his hand and was chitchatting with him after the mistrial AND after conviction for Kidnapping. Men shaking hands, women hugging. Same general idea. The JUDGE going to the DEFENDANT and doing something 'personal'. This is NOT the only case of it. This did bring in the religion BUT, if AG brought it up, and i'm betting she did since Brandts statement was VERY religious, i see NO issue with it. And i'm NOT religious/Christian, i'm pagan.... if I can handle it, i don't see the problem with all the christians that are having issues with it. I bet if she had been given 99 years, they wouldn't be complaining about it. Its just another thing to bring up to further the cause.

I would still see it as unprofessional for the judge to hug the convict even if she had been given 99 years. It's the familiarity the judge exhibited in the courtroom I'm opposed to. BTW I'm not affiliated with any religion and as individuals we are all entitled to our own beliefs.

Gotcha ! have you watched Bill Maher's documentary "Religious" its definitely worth a watch, and VERY FUNNY but hes pretty good at explaining how people who don't believe a god exists get bombarded in everyday life with it , I'm an Agnostic ( a militant agnostic, I don't know and damn-it you don't for sure either) who was raised Catholic so my Baptist Husband and I butt heads a lot ( we could not be more opposite 30 years though, hes Black , I'm white , hes a carnivore I am a vegan, hes an accountant , I cant add 2+2) But people who don't believe biggest thing is don't push it on me , that's IMO why they are so rabid! and that's why I think she made a mistake .
The thing is Judge Kemp didn’t ‘push’ religion on you or anyone else. This was a personal interaction between the judge and Amber AFTER the trial had ended. I happen to believe the whole thing was impromptu rather than something orchestrated for optics, as some believe. The judge didn’t even have the Bible with her at the time. IMO We need more judges like her.

“In God We Trust” is prominently displayed in many courthouses across the country. In fact it is the US national motto. I’m glad to see “In God We Trust” has to be displayed in every public school in Louisiana by state law.

The gag order, issued in January, says that "any attorney participating in ... the trial," including "any personnel of the district attorney's office," can't talk publicly about the case. However, statements regarding "the general nature of the proceedings," are OK, the order states.

The interview "was in direct violation of the court's order restricting publicity and did obstruct the administration of justice and impair the ability of the court to conduct its business with dignity and in an orderly and expeditious manner," the order states.

On the first day of the trial, testimony was delayed as the defense renewed their motion for a change of venue, saying Creuzot violated a gag order in the case.
d3fa2460-648b-44e6-9c6f-5a1327a271dc_750x422.jpg

Judge Tammy Kemp is visibility upset about the defense presentation of evidence that Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot gave an interview about the trial when a gag order was in place. The interview aired the night before the start of the trial.

“To be clear, on last night, the evening prior to the start of this trial, our elected DA did an interview about this trial?” said Kemp on Sept. 23, when the interview was brought to her attention.

The judge then talked with the 12 jurors and four alternate jurors individually, asking them if they had watched or heard about the interview.

Kemp denied the motion after each juror said they had no knowledge of it.

Creuzot has been ordered to appear in Kemp's court – located just a few floors below his offices at the Frank Crowley Courts Building – at 9 a.m. on Oct. 31. There, he will be required to convince the judge "why he should not be held in contempt."
Dallas County DA John Creuzot ordered to appear in court to argue he didn't violate gag order in Amber Guyger trial

Hi Bella!

I am proudly a woman who has a strong faith in God nor will I ever deny my forgiving, loving God either, who I have faithfully believed in since a little girl ..who has been with right with me in the very darkest of times, and throughout all the many blessings in my life.

Oh a bit of refreshing news I read about today that stated, more, and more are returning to church again. Also more faith based rights cases are being successfully won in their favor. :)

Ita! Even though all of us have the same rights to have entitled opinions, I know I only own mine. So this is only my opinion about what happend in the courtroom including the judge's behavior.

Somewhat it reminds me of what can happen in church when a Pastor makes an emotional sermon, then asking all if they have been saved, if not, do they want to be saved, and in an emotional response one will stand, then another, and more will come down to the alter with many in tears of joy.

I believe this is what happened, more or less, here as well. The judge had never seen such a genuine display of pure kindness, and forgiveness like shown by Bo's brother. What a precious young man. Bo must be so proud of his brother who is far wiser than his age.

While it's easy to get caught up in all of the constant bitterness shown now, it's also equally obtainable to be caught up in the moment by seeing, and hearing the overwhelming kindness, and forgiveness he showed all of us in the courtroom.

It does show how powerful kind acts straight from everyone's heart truly is believe it or not. Since it happened it's been shown on many news outlets, and online, over, and over again.

Why? Because it's such a badly needed heartwarming beautiful story about love, kindness, and forgiveness, that should, and deserves to be told.

So it's not surprising this judge was caught in the beautiful moment either. Judges aren't robots, each one have individual human feelings like we all do.

Imo, she is being unfairly judged way too harshly, but it's not surprising in today's climate unfortunately.

JMHOO though..
@oceanblueeyes thank you for being a witness for your faith. You are witnessing as God commanded. And so hard to do these days. I have been in those churches you talk about. I know about Salvation. What happened in that court room was amazing.

The thing is Judge Kemp didn’t ‘push’ religion on you or anyone else. This was a personal interaction between the judge and Amber AFTER the trial had ended. I happen to believe the whole thing was impromptu rather than something orchestrated for optics, as some believe. The judge didn’t even have the Bible with her at the time. IMO We need more judges like her.

“In God We Trust” is prominently displayed in many courthouses across the country. In fact it is the US national motto. I’m glad to see “In God We Trust” has to be displayed in every public school in Louisiana by state law.

Which god? There are loads of them.

Gotcha ! have you watched Bill Maher's documentary "Religious" its definitely worth a watch, and VERY FUNNY but hes pretty good at explaining how people who don't believe a god exists get bombarded in everyday life with it , I'm an Agnostic ( a militant agnostic, I don't know and damn-it you don't for sure either) who was raised Catholic so my Baptist Husband and I butt heads a lot ( we could not be more opposite 30 years though, hes Black , I'm white , hes a carnivore I am a vegan, hes an accountant , I cant add 2+2) But people who don't believe biggest thing is don't push it on me , that's IMO why they are so rabid! and that's why I think she made a mistake .

Hello from an atheist, vegan family :)

IMO I believe it was unprofessional of the judge to make religious overtures to Guyger and to hug the convicted murderess. However, I would be fooling myself if I didn't know the separation between church and state is a joke even in a court of law. What do the witnesses swear on? I don't see the separation even though I've been told it's in force.
Constitutionally, it's about ESTABLISHMENT of religion. That's what the "separation" is about. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that there is "Freedom FROM Religion". The Constitution expressly gives the right to express your religion.

Constitutionally, it's about ESTABLISHMENT of religion. That's what the "separation" is about. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that there is "Freedom FROM Religion". The Constitution expressly gives the right to express your religion.

Unprofessional for the judge to express it in the courtroom while hugging the convict. IMO

Yah. Which is why religion isn't supposed to be discussed here, nor dragged into a court of law by a judge. ;)

Hmm, then you better notify USCIS to change the oath of citizenship that all naturalized citizens take, when becoming United States citizens...

"and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Hmm, then you better notify USCIS to change the oath of citizenship that all naturalized citizens take, when becoming United States citizens...

"and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

What does the oath of citizenship have to do with a murder trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam