Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% I’m merely just getting the ball rolling. In fact I don’t have a lot just going to source from here and podcasts etc for comparison?
I’m more than happy for someone who has all the info to take over?

Last edited:
I’m more than happy for someone to takeover

I’m more than happy for someone who has all the info to take over?

Not suggesting a 'take over' ... just suggesting that if it was done on thread there would be more inclusive input.

In the past we have run timelines on thread - or in an adjoining thread - and others add their input to a continuously evolving timeline.

Last edited:
I suppose at the moment this thread is huge so was Offering to put in a table. And have people input from there.

All good I’ll leave as it is.

I suppose at the moment this thread is huge so was Offering to put in a table. And have people input from there.

All good I’ll leave as it is.

Sub-threads are frequently opened for this type of thing. For evolving timelines, for media article catchment, and for discussion on specific aspects of a case that might bog down a primary thread.

Vehicles witnessed

(Colour Make Body Date seen Witness Source)
1 Grey Isuzu Ute + canopy PS P-CO
2 Beige or Fawn Unknown old box style 4x4 RC P-CO
3 Blue Unknown Sedan RC P-co
4 White Wagon FCM P-co
5 Grey Sedan FCM P-co
6 White Van BS neighbour Pco
7 White Holden Commodore Palmer and McNally Pco
8 Red (dull) Nissan patrol Wagon PS Pco
9 Grey Land Rover Freelander PS Pco
10 Grey dark Sedan FCG FCM /confirm P-CO
11 White Wagon
12 Green (dark) or grey
13 White Commodore changed to Camry
14 Blue Commodore
15 Black Toyota Camry Witness truck driver seen in area several times MSMH
16 Truck

Owners confirmed
(Colour Make Body Owner Source)

1 White Suzuki Van RD Rd
2 Land Rover discovery 2014 FC Family Fc family
3 White Holden commodore TJ TJ
4 Black or grey* Holden Astra PB son PB
5 Mazda 626 GO Inquest craddock

Last updated: 5 Oct 19 10.08 10:08 AEST
Which one would be the 'teal' colored car that FM says she saw with the thick-necked, large-bellied, reddish-haired man inside whom she locked eyes with? (I believe the time was around 9am or just after - wasn't it when the kids were riding their bikes on the driveway?) Would that be #12?

was going to add reference sheet it means podcast by CO.

ive deleted anyway now I don’t want to be seen as not being transparent :) and inclusive. I’m not across thread best practice so I’ll leave it with the crew.

Do you want a thread set up for the work you have done? It would be a shame to waste it.
That can be done, and then you and whoever else wants to contribute can do so.

Or it can be done onthread right here, if everyone thinks that is best.

Do you want a thread set up for the work you have done? It would be a shame to waste it.

Being only relatively new to WS, I'm not sure what the best way to approach this is but I can see a lot of benefit to having all the information compiled in the one place so people don't have to continuously go back through 1000's of posts to find something they've missed. If that means setting up a separate thread, then I would support that.

Can we use the media thread we already have? Or is that 'not for comment' permanent?

Which one looks like a Suzuki Sierra? The white one ... the blue/grey one?[/QUOTE

The thing that had me stumped was the writing on the grill whereas most are written on the front of the bonnet. This is a Sierra utility /84-'86,
the red vehicle has the cabby on the back like the postie's boxy front. Note the writing between the tyre and the door.

All the crazy thoughts about the white 'boxy' vehicle, if it has a sliding door my thoughts are that William might have climbed in but not this type of ute and cabby attached.

Let me tell you that posties do fang.

1984-1986_Suzuki_Sierra_utility.jpg

upload_2019-10-5_11-15-10.jpeg

Can we use the media thread we already have? Or is that 'not for comment' permanent?

I'm not sure about the not for comment permanency. I think Bo set that thread up? She may be able to change that.
Although, do we want to sort through/skip over MSM articles to keep the timeline running?

If we decide to do an additional thread - and JW is happy to share what they have already done - there are a few of us here who know how to set up a thread (in case Bo is away for a while).

Last edited:
The thing that had me stumped was the writing on the grill whereas most are written on the front of the bonnet. This is a Sierra utility /84-'86,
the red vehicle has the cabby on the back like the postie's boxy front. Note the writing between the tyre and the door.

All the crazy thoughts about the white 'boxy' vehicle, if it has a sliding door my thoughts are that William might have climbed in but not this type of ute and cabby attached.

Let me tell you that posties do fang.

1984-1986_Suzuki_Sierra_utility.jpg

upload_2019-10-5_11-15-10-jpeg.207729

Yes, the vehicle in front of the post office has writing on the grill. If that is an exclusive thing, maybe it is a Suzuki?

zx9.JPG

Unfortunately you can't add an excel file here on WS, but you can add a PDF file.

As you said you have started an excel file, if you save it as a PDF you can share it here. I don't think members can edit it but they can comment on it and give updates/corrections etc., for you to add to your excel file. At least that way everyone can see it without repeating lengthy posts.

I think starting a new thread would be just the same as putting it all in this thread, Media threads aren't supposed to be commented on so as not to clog up the thread and people can find the media articles without having to go through all the other threads.

Just a suggestion :)

Yes apparently it has gone off thread. There's that exclusion & exclusivity again. Such a shame, as the more people involved the more and better the input. Plus inclusivity is a much more positive environment to be in. IMO.
[/QUOTE]

We were trying to help the thread and put a lot of the new information in the updated version of the time line, with references etc and then open it for public discussion and add ins ... (as nobody had looked at the timeline since Frogwell at the first inquest)

However with your general nastiness and comments ... we are no longer going to do this..

Here is the last update - that was posted on the thread by SA ... please do as you please with it ..

Here is frogwell's timeline again ... with drsleuth's additions in red, and I added a little from Lia's tweets in purple .... times have been bolded to make easy to see, nothing has been changed, only added to.

11/09/'14
9pm Arrive at Kendall, put kids to bed

12/09/'14
6-7am Children get up
7-7.30 FM gets up and opens curtains to see 2 strange cars parked across the road from her house between AMS house and number 35's house.
7.30 - Dress, breakfast, get ready for the day
8.40 - AMS reverses out of her house to take her child to daycare to arrive at 9am. Says there are no cars parked on the street that day when she leaves.
8.55-9.00 MFC leaves, FFC said in her evidence that the MFC had already left when kids were riding bikes on the driveway.
9.00 - Mrs Wilson hears little children outside, leaves house? Doesn't notice any strange cars in the street.
9.03 - FM calls BS, can't remember which phone she uses (she used the landline), leaves a message asking about when the part arrives
9.10? - Kids riding bikes in the driveway, FM notices an Ltd teal coloured car do a 3 point turn in the next door neighbours driveway, remembers driver,
9.15 - FF heads off for a teleconference at Lakewood/Laurieton (both have been reported) - had prescription filled at chemist in Lakewood at 10:19am
9.10- FF plays with WT in the backyard that overlooks Benaroon Dr. Notices the 2 parked cars that she noticed earlier that day are still parked there, tries to get WT to climb a tree
9.30-9.35 Crabbb's get home
9.37- the last of 5 photos is taken of WT in his spiderman outfit while playing on the back deck, The kids have been drawing pictures to take to the cemetery later in the day
10.10-10.15 Crabbs heard car ( they said about 40mins after they got home )
10.15 - 10.30 - WT is playing Mummy Tiger and hiding game around the side of the house, WT is bored and restless waiting for FF to return, FM expecting a text from FF that usually states he will be home in 5 minutes. FM says to kids shall we go down the front and look for Daddy's car'
10.19 - FF has script filled, where? - Lakewood chemist
10.30? - The Crabbes at 51 both noticed hearing a car driving up Benaroon dr, turning and driving away fast, they thought it sounded like the postie. So if that car left the street it went out the Batar Creek rd end of the street.
10.30 approx,- FF states he sent a text via Siri that he is 5 minutes away.
10.30 - FM notices it's quiet and start looking for WT
10.30 - 10.35 - LH is unpacking groceries from her car, she sees the man opposite on his ride on mower when she comes in and gives him a wave. Didn't hear or see any cars.
10.40 - FM is at the front gate of AMS place, meeting for the 1st time, AMS notices she can hear a male calling out for WT from the area behind the FGM's house, begins to start help searching. Because she knows someone is searching uphill she decides to head down towards the Batar Creek rd end of Benaroon Dr. It seems the women split at Ellendale rd. AMS goes down to the bus stop but has no recollection of seeing the man on his ride on mower at that stage. When she returns up the street she sees the FM coming out of Ellendale and the FM says to her, he has hit his head and can't respond or he is not here and now I have to call the police.
10.56 - FM calls the police from her mother’s landline, her husband has arrived home somewhere in this time and is searching frantically.. - FM stayed home to care for daughter while FD searched
11.00 Rowley first saw job
11.06 Rowley arrives @ #48 Benaroon - doorknocked and looked around houses, canvassed every house and business that may have had CCTV showing vehicles entering or leaving area, identified someone at local café had asked for directions, first spoke with FM about cars she saw 3 days later(15th)
11.30 ish Inspector Aldridge & Harper arrive
12.30 Snr Cnt Williams arrived ( Land & search co-ordinator )
‘lunchtime’ SES coordinator Paul Burg arrived
12.45 Snr Cnt Wendy Hudson arrived with her 2 sons - off duty at the time, took William’s sister aside and asked if she recalled anything & if William had any hiding places, sister couldn’t think of any. Attended home of ‘bit strange’ neighbour
13.00 Greg Newton arrived (PS’s BIL) - saw Paul Savage standing in street with locals (when he left on 13th he could not recall anyone stopping him as he left)
We actually have quite a bit to add to this ... a few of us are working behind the scenes... collating information and times with references etc ...
re-listening to every Podcast ... to create the best and most accurate timeline we can ...
Oh I think you forgot to mention @JWSleuth@SLouTh and others who are contributing to this new timeline idea....

Speaking (the other day) of cross-examining witnesses, I'd like to put a few counter-suggestions to Mr Chapman.

That when he looked at the clock just before seeing the cars, the time was not 10:45 but 9:50. (Clock with hands?)

That the fawn 4WD containing the child was driven by a man and it was the blue car that was driven by a woman with blonde hair pulled back.

That the two cars were not being driven "in tandem" or even in pursuit one of the other but that their proximity was coincidental.

Unfortunately you can't add an excel file here on WS, but you can add a PDF file.

As you said you have started an excel file, if you save it as a PDF you can share it here. I don't think members can edit it but they can comment on it and give updates/corrections etc., for you to add to your excel file. At least that way everyone can see it without repeating lengthy posts.

I think starting a new thread would be just the same as putting it all in this thread, Media threads aren't supposed to be commented on so as not to clog up the thread and people can find the media articles without having to go through all the other threads.

Just a suggestion :)

It is good to see community thoughts on the matter. I hope JW considers this in his/her decision. It would be a shame to see the good work go to waste and not be expanded further with inquest attendees input.

Speaking (the other day) of cross-examining witnesses, I'd like to put a few counter-suggestions to Mr Chapman.

That when he looked at the clock just before seeing the cars, the time was not 10:45 but 9:50. (Clock with hands?)

That the fawn 4WD containing the child was driven by a man and it was the blue car that was driven by a woman with blonde hair pulled back.

That the two cars were not being driven "in tandem" or even in pursuit one of the other but that their proximity was coincidental.

Interesting thoughts. Confusion over who was in which car? Brought about by the huge delay in any official report?

Mr Chapman did seem to be more concerned about hoon driving and an unsafe child. And I agree that his view of the person driving the 4WD was much quicker/shorter than his view might have been of the driver in the following car, according to the walkthrough video.

He apparently only saw the driver for a mere second or two before focusing on the child in the back, then refocusing on the blue car as it came around the corner.

Just another thought about this ... wondering what postie's route was on that day. And wondering if drsleuth heard any (non-suppressed) testimony about it. Maybe postie's usual route was via Mr Chapman's place first, before getting to Benaroon Drive area a little later on. (Judging by the Crabbs thinking of when they thought they heard postie.)

All I can recall reading/hearing is that postie submitted their schedule for that day to the police/inquest.

Maybe tgy can guestimate delivery time gap between the two residences based on past postal experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members