Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tattoo is very different to branding.
That’s true but branding is a thing here in California. Many tattoo parlors in San Francisco also have big signs that they do branding. I remember the first time I saw a branding sign. It shocked me but people obviously do have it done or they wouldn’t be advertising it outside the parlors.

I am NOT saying this is what happened because I still have no idea what I really think here, and I have seen no evidence of what I’m about to hypothesize. But IF they had an abusive relationship, there could be a history of physical abuse. Possibly one time it went so far that she had visible injuries from which she needed time to recover and she was hidden away in the meantime. And so a cover story was invented.

I think others here wondered about this as well.

I can’t quite figure out how the husband was accurate about her coming home for Thanksgiving.

Yeah but they don't abduct middle class white women off the street. If they did they wouldn't get away with it. Human trafficking affects women of colour, young women with no choices (eg women who age out of the foster care system) and poor women.

true, but my comment was more toward women get arrested for that crime too. not specifically that i believed SP had been trafficked.

A tattoo is very different to branding.

Yes it is! When I was 18 I went to a country music festival that had a branding booth, where they had pokers with all sorts of designs where lots of drunk people were getting brands done (guessing this was legal?) The smell was absolutely horrific and seemed to spread all over and linger, where we camped for 2 days. Now as a nurse working in surgery I hate when a surgeon uses cautery and feel nauseous everytime from that smell.

This article has some more info about branding and the techniques used and the healing process.
The Art of Body Branding | Painfulpleasures Inc

That’s true but branding is a thing here in California. Many tattoo parlors in San Francisco also have big signs that they do branding. I remember the first time I saw a branding sign. It shocked me but people obviously do have it done or they wouldn’t be advertising it outside the parlors.
Not sure where you live but I've never seen that ever and I've been in a lot of tattoo parlors..

Thanks for this. I listened and they did an okay job but it wasn't anything new for those of us who have been following the case. They didn't even touch on the shadiness of the "ransom" or the self proclaimed hostage negotiator.
Agree...I was interested in their opinions on the case but it seemed like just a rehash of the known....or assumed known

Has anyone listened to these? Anything new in them or just rehashing what we already know?
My first time hearing these, Tx! I've only just listened to the 911 call but I have to say I believe that man, at that time, truly thought something bad had happened. Everything he did seemed appropropriate to me, down to him not picking up the kids yet. He knew what was important to give the dispatcher and remained calm enough to provide it. When he has a moment for it to sink in that this is real - we hear deep breaths - like he can breathe now that he's reported it, but that it it now very real. When the dispatcher asked when he last heard from her, he made it a point to check exactly when she had texted him about lunch.

Bolded Quote from the above article:

“Something is going to reveal itself someday,” Sgt. Brian Jackson, who has led the investigation from the beginning, told WKYC.

THIS is what I'm counting on!

I watched an episode on ID Channel last night about this and I just wonder if she is bi-polar and had an episode.
Too much weird going on with this one !

Every time I see this thread pop up, my eyes roll ... thank you for sharing the 911 call history, that tells me all I need to know.
I also like how in the article the Papini family shames the Sac Bee for covering the story in a way to induce clickbait and sell papers aka make money when Keith was paid - reportedly handsomely - for his 20/20 appearance about the case.

I've thought from very early on in this one this was a self-induced disappearance and there was/is some deeper issues that SP has which played a role. The 911 call history helps this narrative. I won't get into deep detail about why because as of today, SP is officially a victim of a crime so I don't want to shame her, but imo there were no Hispanic kidnappers and there was no abduction.

I also believe LE has a pretty good idea of this too but doesn't have any proof that there was no crime, so they are being careful about accusing. FWIW, I don't believe KP helped SP execute this and legitimately believed his wife was abducted. I tend to assume that he's a reasonably intelligent person and today for him, things probably don't add up, but it's his wife so may choose to blindly go along with the narrative because A) - he has her back with their family and B) - it's easier.

Just my opinion as always.

Last week I watched the trial of Ezra McCandless, another Jodia Arias. I think we should be happy that this is all Sherri Papini did because I believe she is just like these other two ladies.

Well I only heard of this when I saw the 20/20 show the other day. I was so confused and it ended without any real answers. Occurred to me today that WS was probably all over it and of course, 24 threads! I don't know how I missed this. Just scanned back a few pages and seems like most are going with the hoax theory. Do you think the husband was also in on it? Man I wish I had been reading the threads real time but that is too much to go back and catch up now.

Well I only heard of this when I saw the 20/20 show the other day. I was so confused and it ended without any real answers. Occurred to me today that WS was probably all over it and of course, 24 threads! I don't know how I missed this. Just scanned back a few pages and seems like most are going with the hoax theory. Do you think the husband was also in on it? Man I wish I had been reading the threads real time but that is too much to go back and catch up now.

I totally think the husband was in on it. Before she reappeared he said something to the effect of "she will be home for Thanksgiving" hopefully some other WSer remembers better what he exactly said

I decided to pass on the 20/20 show- i knew there would be no new info. I think this was a hoax but i believe her husband was not involved. i think he believes whatever crap she tells him. Her history is very revealing. I think she is unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member