Judicial Officer
    Pickett, Bruce L.

Hearing Time
    8:00 AM

Cancel Reason
    Vacated

Comment
    10 days starting 10/21/19 ending 11/1/19

I wonder if Klein will ever release the information and interviews.

"The private investigator also announced that he will launch a website by the end of July containing information he has gathered about the case."

“We will be releasing the website within the next two weeks for you to watch the interrogations. Read the evidence for yourself and make your own decision,” he said. “We think it will open your eyes.”

Judge denies Kunz appeal; PI to release findings within 2 weeks | East Idaho News

Will he still be posting these? I’ve seen nothing so far..

According to Klein's FB site linked below, a post yesterday says the civil case by Vernal has been dismissed. Vernal has agreed not to pursue it again.

Not a Klein fan, but I agree that Vernal and attorney used this lawsuit to try to get discovery for a possible criminal case.

A commenter on the post asked the same question I did months ago, when I referenced a youtube video of Vernal's jacked up van. If he believes little Deorr may be out there, why were there no flyers on the vehicle about a missing Deorr? Why didn't he not take advantage of being interviewed to talk about his missing child?

Idaho Repository, Kunz vs. Klein:

• 10/02/2019 Decision or Opinion

Comment
    Memorandum Decision on Defendants' Motion to Strike Plaintiffs' Motion for Reconsideration

• 10/02/2019 Notice

Comment
    Withdrawing Second Motion for Reconsideration and Notice of Hearing
See Klein Investigations' FB for more:

Klein Investigations and Consulting

I'm also not a Klein fan in the slightest but I do find both parents behaviors puzzling if they are innocent. I just hope if he is deceased that the family gets closure and justice is served. He deserves that.

I wonder why KTVB decided to post only Isaac's full (or seemingly unedited) interview the day after the original report had already been broadcasted.

It'd be interesting to see the others' full interviews as well.

I'm not sure I like it. Isaac is way too easy of a target. I also think so many of his responses are related to him talking to a lawyer as well as a high likelihood of several people telling him what he did or did not see that weekend. His responses just seem very coached to me.

IMO, Jessica and Vernal have improved their patter a bit, but not enough to hide that they are lying. Vernal continues with his "just keep talking and talking" method, believing that words, any words, are better than pauses.
Jessica thinks that she has learned enough about her mistakes in the past when lying, but she just can't keep the smirks and grins off her face.
All based on my judgement.

Could Deorr Jr. have fallen in the water and drowned? He could have, if his parents were being irresponsible and not watching him. (I don't consider asking GGP to watch him as being responsible.) And if he did drown, they would have pulled him from the water and would have reported that that's what happened.
Think of how long it would have taken him to walk to the reservoir! And would he even do that? TBC talked about how clingy he was, he was not a child who was at an independent stage and liked to run away from adults in that setting.
If he was in the reservoir he would have been found. Little children who drown in lakes, rivers, reservoirs, and creeks are found.
JMO

Snipped- I have a hard time believing anything either one of them say, but from the very beginning, I've just always placed more blame on Jessica. She points fingers and casts shade on everyone else and has since the beginning. But she looks like a moron every time she says anything about Isaac being responsible. She's admitted she left Deorr with her ailing elderly grandfather and a complete stranger to go fishing. Not run to the outhouse 100 yds away, not to go change clothes, to go fishing, an activity that would take more than just a few minutes. If Deorr "went everywhere with them" why did they not take him fishing?

I'm not sure I like it. Isaac is way too easy of a target. I also think so many of his responses are related to him talking to a lawyer as well as a high likelihood of several people telling him what he did or did not see that weekend. His responses just seem very coached to me.

Snipped- I have a hard time believing anything either one of them say, but from the very beginning, I've just always placed more blame on Jessica. She points fingers and casts shade on everyone else and has since the beginning. But she looks like a moron every time she says anything about Isaac being responsible. She's admitted she left Deorr with her ailing elderly grandfather and a complete stranger to go fishing. Not run to the outhouse 100 yds away, not to go change clothes, to go fishing, an activity that would take more than just a few minutes. If Deorr "went everywhere with them" why did they not take him fishing?

Because he was probably already dead. Jmo

I don't think he was ever there.

"Vernal Kunz and his attorney, Allen Browning, appealed Pickett’s decision and asked him to reconsider. Kunz told EastIdahoNews.com in June that Klein has made his life “a living hell.”

Last week the case was dismissed and Pickett found no wrongdoing by Klein or his company. Klein and his insurance company intended to recover court costs from Kunz, which Klein says reached just over $150,000."

“During the time of the hearings, Mr. Kunz’s financial status was reviewed. It was determined that Mr. Kunz and his father’s estate was ‘uncollectable,'” Klein says in a statement to EastIdahoNews.com. “It was determined that it would take many years and much more attorney fees to collect from Mr. Kunz. Therefore, Mr. Klein, Mr. Klein’s insurance company and Mr. Klein’s company made the decision to end the litigation to collect.”

Lawsuit against private investigator hired by DeOrr's family dismissed as he calls on missing toddler's parents to 'end this fiasco' | East Idaho News

Whatever happened to the hit that the cadaver dogs supposedly got up there this spring? Can't remember the guys name that brought the dogs. It seemed like they were waiting for something and then we would hear news? Nothing?

I hope it really is new news and not just more of the same. I don't see how it could be...the only last report was never released so I am doubtful and I am doubtful there was really anything there. Yes, I know. I am not really hopeful and very sad. BUT I have my TV set to record it so we will see.....

I am in the same boat as you, I wonder if this episode will include what ever did come of that last search and the last recent news. It does seem like the “new” news on this case is always the same news that we’ve all heard many times over.

I will not be able to see the HLN special and I do not have a DVR, so if any of you could post a synopsis of that episode after it airs that would be much appreciated!

I watched it, and I didn't feel there was anything new.

Klein thought he had a gotcha moment with the grandpa. Said he peed himself in the interview cause Klein was getting too close to the truth. I think he was just an elderly man with incontinence issues, more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks