WA WA - Georgeann Hawkins, 18, Seattle, 11 June 1974

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
3c4a9fff-f832-4bd3-b6ff-1e76cdcc4fad_zps15c77344.png

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/bun...ealed-for-the-first-time/nDrR5/#__federated=1

A few snippets (less than one minute's worth) of these tapes have leaked out over the years... Bundy brags and laughs while admitting to murdering 11 young women here in Washington... "I was just absolutely, again, just shocked, scared to death, shocked, horrified. And I went down the road, throwing everything I had, the briefcase, out the window. Throwing the briefcase, the crutches, the rope, the clothes."

He spends an hour talking about Georgann Hawkins, a young UW student who turned up missing June 12, 1974... "Hah. It's funny. It's, it's not funny, but it's odd the things people will say under those circumstances. She thought, she said she thought she had a Spanish test the next day..."

https://sites.google.com/a/richland2.org/biology-with-gregory/course02/case-files/ted-bundy

Two hunters stumbled across the fragmented remains of Ott and Naslund on September 7, 1974, off Interstate 90 near Issaquah, one mile from the park. Found along with the women's remains were an extra femur bone and vertebrae, which Bundy shortly before his execution identified as that of Georgeann Hawkins.

I read in other sources that those extra bones were never identified, but haven't found whatever happened to them. Georgeann was just added to NamUs this week, and I hope that means they're checking, that the bones weren't cremated or something before they could be DNA-tested and maybe that's just recently been happening. Fingers crossed!

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27284

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hawkins_georgeann.html

The Hunt for Ted Bundy played a little from the tape where he is talking about Georgeann. He said she was "quite lucid" (after he hit her) and she thought he was going to tutor her for a Spanish exam. It was incredibly disturbing to hear him speak so nonchalantly about what he did and of course, his total lack of empathy. It seems unlikely that they will find Georgeann's body but I hope I'm wrong about that.

For some reason, her NamUs link is not working. Here is the link to her page on the Doe Network

Yes, absolutely soulless. I remember reading his account of his attack on Georgeann Hawkins. I forgot that he described her as lucid. Lucid? That poor young woman was not lucid after being beat in the head by Ted Bundy. She told him she thought he was going to help her study for the Spanish exam she had the next day. That's not a sign of lucidity. That's a sign of confusion associated with a profound brain injury. I hate how Bundy is sometimes described as being "brilliant". He was a dumb@$$.

I was aware of Georageann Hawkins being one of Bundy's victims, but did not realize there was some question about her remains. It is understood that Bundy placed several of the Washington victims in one location. How sad for her family that questions still remain after all of these years.

I wonder if this case was actually closed a while back. Some sources (including a book) state that skeletal remains were identified as that of Ms. Hawkins. I believe was published before the lead about unidentified bones mentioned earlier coming to light.

She is listed in NamUs as "Georgeanne Hawkins." The Charley Project also contains a case file on her.

Georgann is still in the NamUs, Charley Project and Doenetwork. Here are the links:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/19039
http://charleyproject.org/case/georgeann-hawkins
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/566dfwa.html

On Doenetwork says: "Bundy claimed that Georgeann's remains were found with two of his other victims, Janice Ott and Denise Naslund, in Lake Sammamish State Park; investigators had found an extra leg bone and extra vertebrae at the site, but had been unidentified at the time and - so far - were never positively identified as Georgeann's."

I wonder if those bones are still among the evidence. If they are maybe they can be DNA tested.

I am sorry to inform you all but the additional bones found with the remains of Janice otts and Denise naslund were cremated according to find a grave. I could be wrong but the odds of the remains still being around are high and it is weird because georgeanns remains would have most likely been identified by now. Apparently Bundy confessed that he severed and buried Georgeanns skull near a mountain.

Georgann Hawkins (1955-1974) - Find A Grave...

I feel that the only way for Georgeann to not be listed as missing is if police search for the rest of her remains

GHawkins.jpg
GHawkins1.jpg
GHawkins2.jpg

Name: Georgann Hawkins
Case Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Missing Since: June 11, 1974
Location Last Seen: Seattle, King County, Washington

Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 20, 1955
Race: White
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 115-120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: George
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Mole on neck; birthmark on back

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White backless t-shirt, flowered-print long-sleeved shirt tied in the front, navy blue bell-bottom pants held together with a safety pin, and white open-toed clogs
Jewelry: Black onyx ring; cultured pearl ring in a Tiffany setting with a gold-colored band
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ms. Hawkins disappeared from the University of Washington campus after 1am on June 11, 1974. She was last seen in the alley outside of Beta Theta Pi fraternity. She had been to a fraternity party earlier in the evening, and visited her boyfriend, Marvin Gellatly, on the way back to her sorority house. As she left Beta Theta Pi, Georgeann spoke with another friend, Duane Covey, who spoke with her from his second-story window that faced the alley. After saying goodbye to her friend, she headed down the alley toward her sorority house, Kappa Alpha Theta. She never arrived.

Ms. Hawkins is the victim of serial killer, Ted Bundy, who confessed to kidnapping and murdering her before his execution in 1989. He confessed to killing her in a remote area "across Mercer Island, east past Issaquah, up the hill, down the road, and up to the grassy area." Bundy claimed that Georgeann's remains were found with two of his other victims, Janice Ott and Denise Naslund, in Lake Sammamish State Park; investigators had found an extra leg bone and extra vertebrae at the site, but had been unidentified at the time and - so far - were never positively identified as Georgeann's.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: King County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Raphael Crenshaw
Agency Phone Number: 206-205-3425
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 75-029267
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 19039

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Washington State Missing Persons
Green Valley News (6/11/04)
Walla Walla Union-Bulletin (6/19/74)
Sullivan, Kevin M. 2009. The Bundy Murders: A Comprehensive History. Jefferson, NC: McFarland and Company.
Keppel, Robert. 1995. The Riverman: Ted Bundy and I Hunt For the Green River Killer. New York: Pocket Books.
566DFWA - Georgann Hawkins

Someone recently added a color photograph of Georgann on Find A Grave. It kind of gives her a new sense of life, since the rest are all black and white. Looks like she was having a good time.
Really nice pic.
I wonder if LE is doing some work to find her remains.

Really nice pic.
I wonder if LE is doing some work to find her remains.

I do not know if there is any kind of ongoing effort to search Ted Bundy's Issaqua, Washington dump site (a rural area 17 miles east of Seattle). He also disposed of several other victims in a similar rural area about 4 miles from Issaqua.

According to investigator statements a large number of jawbones, teeth, bone fragments were found along with (but not related to) remains of Janice Ott and Denise Naslund at Issaqua. Their skeletal remains were found in a wooded area. They were lying exposed on the surface and were not buried.

Ted admitted to having murdered 11 women in the Seattle area and stated that Georgann was one of them. He stated that her body was with those of Denise and Janet, but this was never proven forensically.

It is quite possible that DNA tests have been conducted on any bone fragments that are still in existence, but DNA was not known in 1974. It is also possible that other remains are yet to be found at or near Bundy's dump sites.

Last edited:

Georgann Hawkins
Birth 20 Aug 1955
Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, USA
Death 11 Jun 1974 (aged 18)
Seattle, King County, Washington, USA
Burial Body lost or destroyed, Specifically: Her remains were accidentally cremated by the coroner's office along with those of unidentified persons

Murdered by Ted Bundy. Georgeann disappeared from the alley behind her sorority house at the University of Washington. Bones found with two other bodies near Lake Sammamish Park were identified by Bundy as Georgeann's remains. Bundy confessed to her murder shortly before his execution.
Source:
Georgann Hawkins (1955-1974) - Find A Grave...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back