Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

Still nothing on a potential search of the landfill, but yesterday there were some published interviews with UIPD officers who worked on the case....

Exclusive: Campus cops say car hubcap key to solving murder of University of Illinois scholar Yingying Zhang

Det. Stiverson, who interviewed Christensen on the night his Astra was siezed, said that during the interview, he realized that Christensen had killed her....

Stiverson, seen on video in the interrogation room with Christensen, told the I-Team that it became obvious during the questioning that he was lying.

"It was everything from his leg tittering to his eyes fluttering back-and-forth like at a high rate of speed to his the way his voice would change. He got real dry mouth... and he even broke out in hives, where you could see the blotches all over his real pale skin and you could see these red blotches come out of him," the detective told us. "I realized during the interview that he had killed her."

That was early morning on the 16th. later that day, (as detailed in a document produced by the FOIA request -document #3, pg 24) another officer submitted samples from YY's apartment to ISP for processing for DNA testing -he listed YY as being presumed deceased.

Finally, the fellow on Twitter has linked to this trove of police documents on YY’s case (4 separate files):

1) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

2) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

3) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

4) University of Illinois Police - Yingying Zhang Murder Investigation...

edit: just so you know what you’re getting into, the 1st file is 15 pgs., the 2nd 145 pgs., the 3rd 298 pgs., and the 4th 434 pgs.

@Webthrush : Thanks for this. I have downloaded all four and saved as .pdf files.

The United States proposes, however, that the name of an alleged victim be redacted from those unsealed documents, specifically, docket entries 238, 239, 282, 316, 351, and 365. (The proposed redactions are attached hereto as exhibits.) This alleged victim was not permitted to testify during the case. Therefore, public disclosure of the alleged victim’s name would serve no purpose other than potentially to embarrass or harass the alleged victim.

Memorandum – #490 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

The United States also proposes that the names of any other potential witnesses who did not testify be redacted, as well. Disclosure of their names would also serve no purpose other than embarrassment or harassment. Specifically, the United States proposes that the names of the potential witnesses identified by the defendant in docket entry 239 be redacted. (The proposed redactions are attached hereto as exhibits.)

Description Disposition
Pending Count
18:1001.F STATEMENTS OR ENTRIES GENERALLY On or about 6/15/2017 the defendant knowingly made a materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statement to the FBI in violation of 18 U.S.C. 1001(a)(2)(3s) IT IS ORDERED: Dft committed to the custody of the BOP for LIFE without release as to Count 1s; 5 years as to Count 2s to run consecutive to Counts 1s & 3s; 5 years as to Count 3s to run consecutive to Counts 1s & 2s; $750,000.00 Fine; $300 Special Assessment
Pending Count 18:1001.F STATEMENTS OR ENTRIES GENERALLY On or about 6/12/2017 the defendant did knowingly make a materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statement to the FBI in violation of 18 U.S.C. 1001(a)(2)(2s) IT IS ORDERED: Dft committed to the custody of the BOP for LIFE without release as to Count 1s; 5 years as to Count 2s to run consecutive to Counts 1s & 3s; 5 years as to Count 3s to run consecutive to Counts 1s & 2s; $750,000.00 Fine; $300 Special Assessment
Pending Count 18:1201.F KIDNAPPING RESULTING IN DEATH On or about 6/9/2017 defendant did kidnap, abduct and carry away Y.Z. for his own benefit which resulted in the death of Y.Z. in violation of 18 U.S.C. 1201(a)(1)(1s) IT IS ORDERED: Dft committed to the custody of the BOP for LIFE without release as to Count 1s; 5 years as to Count 2s to run consecutive to Counts 1s & 3s; 5 years as to Count 3s to run consecutive to Counts 1s & 2s; $750,000.00 Fine; $300 Special Assessment
Terminated Count 18:1201.F KIDNAPPING: On or about 6/9/2017 the defendant did knowingly kidnap Y.Z. and held her for his own benefit and purpose in violation of 18 U.S.C. ยง 1201(a)(1)(1) None
Complaint 18:1201.F -- KIDNAPPING. On or about 6/9/17 in Champaign County, IL, defendant did unlawfully kidnap the victim and in committing the offense used means of interstate and foreign commerce in violation of 18 USC 1201. None

Highest Offense Level (Opening): Felony

Highest Offense Level (Terminated): Felony

Parties for United States v. Christensen, 2:17-cr-20037 - CourtListener.com

The “other serious acts of violence” aggravator concerns the allegation that in 2012 or 2013, Mr. Christensen choked and sexually assaulted . Mr. Christensen categorically denies that allegation, and significant investigation by the defense team supports that denial. From all of the evidence gathered to date, it is clear that at best is mistaken, and at worst, she is outright lying about her claims against Mr. Christensen. A. Statements to the FBI After learning of Mr. Christensen’s arrest
long read
Exhibit R. 238 Redacted – #490, Att. #1 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

and yada yada yada... not much there at all.
I just followed the Amber Guyger trial through to the end.

I was forcibly struck by the work of the Prosecution in acquiring their verdict.
I could not help but compare it to this case which I continue to find to be sadly lacking in search efforts.

YY is out there, somewhere, not too far from his apartment building.
I wish with all my heart that somebody would search for her.

I cannot find them and they're not included in court listener releases earlier this week... Michelle's, I mean specifically and the 'suicide' note. Darn.
They're not among the exhibits list either, just checked but they are unlikely to be there!

Later I will go on twitter and check with they guy who uploaded the UIPD police reports. Maybe he has something to share.

Interesting tidbit about the badge. I always assumed he put it in the duffle bag and threw it out with her stuff and used cleaning supplies. I'm sure they checked it for fingerprints and DNA but tests were probably inconclusive. When the FBI came on the evening of the 12th, they said that he was calm and acted normal as they were searching his car, but that he became distracted and noticeably a little nervous when they started looking through his glove box. My guess is that he threw it out on the way home on the 9th, or at some other point while driving that weekend, but perhaps forgot that he did that and was worried that he had left it in his glove box.

Later I will go on twitter and check with they guy who uploaded the UIPD police reports. Maybe he has something to share.
I never saw any mainstream media report on all the stuff he uploaded... I wondered if that meant he had no authorization to do so, and if he caught any flack or problems for doing so?
A-a-a-a-a-nd, is there still no announced decision re: a landfill search? What gives?

There needs to be a law in Illinois: For those found guilty of murder where they've hidden the body of their victim, the maximum sentence will automatically be handed down unless they tell investigators the location of the body of the person they killed. If they provide the body, then the'd be eligible for bargaining for a lighter sentence. No Body/No Bargain.

There needs to be a law in Illinois: For those found guilty of murder where they've hidden the body of their victim, the maximum sentence will automatically be handed down unless they tell investigators the location of the body of the person they killed. If they provide the body, then the'd be eligible for bargaining for a lighter sentence. No Body/No Bargain.

Interesting idea and one I would generally support, but for this case I would point out that Illinois had nothing to do with it other than it being where it occurred. He was charged by Federal prosecutors for a violation of Federal law, and tried and convicted in Federal court.

I never saw any mainstream media report on all the stuff he uploaded... I wondered if that meant he had no authorization to do so, and if he caught any flack or problems for doing so?
A-a-a-a-a-nd, is there still no announced decision re: a landfill search? What gives?

I have seen no media reports either. I would guess if the documents are still available at his upload site, then there must not have been any issues. They were given to him via a FOIA request, and as far as I know, I don't think it is illegal to share what you get via FOIA. IF there were anything they didn't want getting out, they would deny his request.

I have heard absolutely *nothing* about any decision RE the landfill. IF I ever hear Beckett on the call-in talk show that he appears on occasionally, I will certainly try to call in and ask. I am surprised that there was no public announcement, if it turns out a decision was reached. I can't imagine that news wouldn't be reported.....

Agreed, I'm for the law that says "if you are suspected/convicted of a crime you cannot make money selling your story or your book or your likeness or locks of your hair or anything whatsoever!"

JMHO YMMV

Where is Ms. Zhang?

upload_2019-10-6_7-25-18.jpeg

Agreed, I'm for the law that says "if you are suspected/convicted of a crime you cannot make money selling your story or your book or your likeness or locks of your hair or anything whatsoever!"

JMHO YMMV

Where is Ms. Zhang?

View attachment 207898
We stuck it out this long @Laughing , we'll see it through until we find her.
Am clean outa inspiration right now, but am still wanting to go hire some cadaver dogs and go walkabout.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back