Found Deceased TN - Kelsey Burnette, 18, Etowah, 1 July 2017

Etowah teen charged in 2017 disappearance and death of Kelsey Burnette

An Etowah teen is being charged with murder following the disappearance and death of a teen girl in 2017.

On July 1, 2017 -- the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation sent agents to help Etowah law enforcement in the investigation of a missing teen girl,18-year-old Kelsey Burnette.

566626998_750x422.png

Police arrest teen suspect in Etowah teen's July, 2017 homicide

Info here. newschannel9 ABC is naming him which is legal according to Law. Not sure about discussion though. Waiting for other MSM or Mod approval.

Other details on COD as well, including "sexual trauma" "blunt force head trauma," red paint on her skull matching basebaall bat found.

So the post is still here and suspects named in MSM are sleuthable anyway;

The TBI would not identify the suspect, but the arrest report obtained by NewsChannel 9 Friday morning identifies the suspect as Joseph Wielzen. Jail records confirm Wiezlen's charges and that he is in custody. According to Tennessee law, if a juvenile is over 14 and is charged with certain violent offenses like murder and rape, some court documents can be released. That’s how we were able to get these documents in this case.
Police arrest teen suspect in Etowah teen's July, 2017 homicide

Wielzan's Facebook - Joseph Wielzen

He was released from jail on bond. His case was move to adult court from juvenile court and his bond reduced from $200,000 to $30,000.
Suspect in Etowah teen's slaying released on reduced bond, transferred to adult court

Joseph Wielzen, 18, of Athens Pike in Etowah, was released Monday on a $30,000 bond, which was reduced from the $200,000 bond set when he was arrested on June 21, 10th Judicial District Deputy District Attorney Shari Tayloe said Thursday. He's charged with felony murder and aggravated rape in the death of 18-year-old Kelsey N. Burnette.

From the previous post:
Burnette's mother is fuming over Wielzen's release.

"I am furious over the whole situation," Sissy Burnette told the Times Free Press on Thursday. "I don't understand how he could even be out on house arrest or [how they] lowered his bond that much."

I certainly share that view and don't understand why there wasn't any reaction from this forum.

May 29, 2019. "The suspect in the 2017 rape and slaying of an 18-year-old Etowah woman faces a court hearing Monday in the wake of vandalism charges he and another man netted for egging cars and a house in early May while he was free on bond.

Joseph R. Wielzen, 17 at the time of the rape and killing of Kelsey N. Burnette in July 2017, was free on bond in that case earlier this month when he and Victor L. Felix were booked on four counts of vandalism, according to court documents."

Suspect in Etowah rape, murder case faces bond hearing Monday

This is so close to me... I just found out about this while I was getting tattooed in Benton, TN. My whole mind is blown and I immediately wanted to look for a thread on here. I'm surprised it doesn't have more attention on it. The suspect was in court today and the first witness was the victim's mother.

This is old news now, but I thought I'd update it since no one else did.

The District Attorney's Office released the following statement in a Facebook post Thursday afternoon:

"Just now, Joseph Roberto Wielzen was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole by the same McMinn County jury that convicted him. I cannot begin to express how proud I am of the work of Assistant District Attorneys Paul Moyle and Coty Wamp. Also, the support of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation was outstanding. Special Agent Keith Herron upheld the finest tradition of the Bureau. Detective Jim Shaw, Chief Eric Armstrong, and the Etowah Police Department were relentless in their pursuit of justice for Kelsey.

I am glad that Kelsey Burnette’s family can now begin to heal. Her memory is honored by this verdict. I am so thankful to have been a part of this trial team and a part of obtaining justice for her.

Joseph Wielzen sentenced to life without parole for 2017 rape & murder of Kelsey Burnette

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back