Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't they also done studies of eyewitness accounts and shown that people are terrible at remembering the make and color of cars?

If I was trying to escape from a couple of deranged teenagers hunting people for sport, I don't think remembering the make and color of their murder vehicle would be the first priority.

I am more surprised it took him two to three days to report it than I am about the inaccuracy of the description. I really don't get it.

But I wasn't there and hindsight is 20/20

My reaction exactly. I am back to the same thought--the blame game--blame the "Hex", the RCMP, child services, the ones who provided the/truck and camper, had the driver's licence, the PAL, those hunting trips, the access and availability and use of real guns, those damn militia/ Nazi stores near the VAST school, Port Alberni, its high crime rate, the biased court system, feminists, KM etc etc. --anyone but BS.

To be fair, that is a normal reaction for a grieving parent, especially one facing the horror of the situation. But he needs to either make it a legal and official battle or deal with it privately with a therapist.

SteamID » Kam steam | STEAM_0:1:60761922 | 76561198081789573
SteamID » Bryer steam | STEAM_0:1:156258444 | 76561198272782617

Something I found interesting was the last activity on their steam accounts - July 12, 3 days before the deaths of L&C.

Steam has a setting for it to start up when your computer is turned on, being avid steam gamers I assume they had this setting on. I wonder what they were doing in the 3-5 days before the first murders.

<modsnip: Sleuthing non POI/suspect is not allowed>

Also - Kams profile visibility settings were changed to "Friends only" on the 23 of July?? Can anyone here confirm this? If you set your chat visibility settings to "Offline" on steam it does not record you signing in, so it is possible he could have signed in into the steam app on his phone and changed his profile visibility settings while being offline to friends. Could just be a website error as well though.

@Solaris420 thank you for digging up the extra Steam info. That's interesting about the 23rd but given they were already in the woods in Sundance <modsnip> Another thing about their last logins. I know Alan said something about Bryer having worked that over night shift and Kam was picking him up later that morning (the 12th) and they were hitting the road. Personally, I think Bryer was feeding him a line and spent the night 11th/12th at Kam's house and they were probably up all night doing one last heavy dose of gaming and partying since it would probably be their last for quite some time. I couldn't believe Bryer worked a full overnight shift, then took off hours later on the road trip. I think those 3-5 days leading up their departure on 12th was them packing, planning, gaming and not working. I would even put money down, Sunday the 7th or Monday the 8th were their last nights at Walmart. Interesting no one ever verified when their actual last nights of work were. Probably the same night together even.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Solaris420 excellent discovery! To me it looks like the start of a Swastika and someone gave up, notice there's the distinct zigzag and then the start of the next zigzag and they stopped. I also thought it might be SS lightning bolts. It looks like they tried to make one on the other side but it's curved more like the Roman "S" and made me think that was just a screw up. I also wondered if it might be Cyrillic and that's why it looks so strange. Some of them even looked like Nordic Runes to me. Specifically "S" and "N." I mean the Germans did adopt several of their symbols from Norse Runes. Perhaps someone with better editing skills can make it so it's more legible. It also looks like whoever did the engraving did it with the gun in their lap, barrel facing left and the stock facing right hence the reason I flipped it upside down. It looks like whoever did it (I'm going to say Bryer) was bored or anxious. One other thing, I may be looking to far into it, but go over and look at Kam's Instagram, specifically at the photo "Cola got swag" I look at that photo and I had to ask myself if he was referring to the symbol on the Coke can overall or what looks like a single "S" lightning bolt reversed as the "swag." Just an observation. Check it out for those interested. It's also worth mentioning Hitler Youth had a single "S" on their patches vs the traditional two that most are familiar with.
Someone already mentioned that it looks like Schmegelsky. I agree with that.

Doesn't AS refer to a psychotherapist who came to his room (maybe the room 60 minutes had him in?) when he refers to Vikki (or whatever the name)? He didn't mention police or anything, he just seemed to be referring to a therapist who came to his room and he talked to her.
"Well Vicki, did you give me good “psychotherapy “ when you took me to that hotel room, or did you cause five deaths?"

The implication I got out of this was that whatever conversation he is referring to occurred before K&B even left town. That's how I see it.

Unless "Vicki" coached him on what to say to the public to attempt to reel B back in when his commentaries were published online during the search.

Who knows who Vicki is or in what capacity he/she/it/them coached or advised him.

Maybe someone he is messaging with will ask him.

Well I can't figure it out at all, so if you guys think it says "Schmegelsky," I'll take your word for it!

Also it kind of makes sense...if they had not been found for a while, whoever found them would immediately know who they were (although really they would know anyway...how many 6'4"+ pairs of skeletons does one typically find in the remote wilderness....) Or if animals dragged away their corpses or something.

Also do you guys know which gun that was?

Last edited:
The cable and padlock is a simple trigger lock, which our gun firearms laws require, even if they are in police custody. I can't make out the etchings either but would be curious as to what it says.

JMO
I believe there is actually 2 things being used here to help secure the weapon. The pad lock by itself is going though an area or hole behind the trigger to prevent the trigger from being pulled.

And the long plastic zip tie is going through the action mechanism on top where it prevents the action from cycling another shell into the chamber.

When looking at guns and rifles at any store which has them then you usually see a long cable or something that will run through the action like that. Usually they are made of cable and not a plastic zip tie which can be cut. Which is why they probably included the lock behind the trigger too.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/upload_2019-10-7_13-36-54-png.207990/

Last edited:
are private sale of guns allowed in Canada if both parties have a PAL?

This is the normal type of steel safety cable lock that is used to go through the magazine and action mechanism instead of a plastic zip tie. They come in various lengths and are usually supplied with the purchase of a weapon. Im not sure about Canada laws, but in US I believe gun manufacturers are required to supply the locks like this along with the weapon when its sold retail. They usually come right in the box along with the weapon.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/15-Cable-Gun-Lock/49934162

Well I can't figure it out at all, so if you guys think it says "Schmegelsky," I'll take your word for it!

Also it kind of makes sense...if they had not been found for a while, whoever found them would immediately know who they were (although really they would know anyway...how many 6'4"+ pairs of skeletons does one typically find in the remote wilderness....) Or if animals dragged away their corpses or something.

Also do you guys know which gun that was?
I think its the newly purchased one, the black one?! Which is interesting if that's the case, that Bryer would carve into that particular gun. But, for all we know, the other side could say McLeod. Total speculation here.

Last edited:
are private sale of guns allowed in Canada if both parties have a PAL?

Im not sure but maybe one of our Canada residents will know. I do know Canada gun laws vary quite a bit from the US laws and the Canada laws are typically more restrictive than US gun laws.

The private selling of used firearms in the US from one legal adult to another legal adult is one of the loopholes that politicians are trying to address to get better consistency to be able to get background checks and other things for all gun purchases. The rules for a private (and legal) selling/buying in the US are typically less restrictive than if you were to buy a gun at a retail department store.

I think its the newly purchased one, the black one?! Which is interesting if that's the case, that Bryer would carve into that particular gun. But, for all we know, the other side could say McLeod. Total speculation here.
Doesn't mean they didn't etch into it.

Just an FYI ...

Normally WS does not allow sleuthing of family social media. In this case however AS has put himself totally "out there" with his media interviews and his book, so we are also allowing respectful discussion of his youtube videos. This decision applies to this case only.

At all times, remember and understand that AS is still a victim who is grieving the loss of his son. Posts that are not victim friendly will be removed.

Thanks.

That's just what I was thinking, and I'm a bit surprised since that's the one Kam purchased. I'd just naturally assume Kam would use that one, but I should know by now you cannot assume anything with these two.

Technically we don't know if Kam also purchased the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46