Found Safe TX - BP, 13, abducted by Erik Diaz-Tapia, 19, Del Rio, 9 Sept 2019 *ARREST*

alyssa5597

Former Member
Reaction score
Betsabe+Perez+Erik+Diaz+Tapia.jpg

THE VAL VERDE CO SO IS SEARCHING FOR BETSABE PEREZ, WHITE FEMALE, 13 YEARS OLD, 01/09/2006, 5'5", 135 LBS, DARK BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES, AND JEANS WITH A WHITE TSHIRT AND BLACK AND WHITE BANDANA ON HER HEAD. POLICE ARE LOOKING FOR ERIK DIAZ-TAPIA, WHITE MALE, 19 YEARS OLD, 06/24/2000, 6'0", 190 LBS, BLACK HAIR, BROWN EYES AND UNKNOWN CLOTHING, IN CONNECTION WITH HER ABDUCTION. THE SUSPECT IS DRIVING A RED OLDER MODEL 4 DOOR SEDAN, POSSIBLY A PONTIAC. THE SUSPECT WAS LAST HEARD FROM IN DEL RIO, TX. LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS BELIEVE THIS CHILD TO BE IN GRAVE OR IMMEDIATE DANGER.

Missing Since: Sep 9, 2019
Missing From: Del Rio, TX
Age Now: 13 years
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135 lbs
Description: Wearing jeans with a white t-shirt and black and white bandanna on her head

Last edited:
Betsabe+Perez+Erik+Diaz+Tapia.jpg

THE VAL VERDE CO SO IS SEARCHING FOR BETSABE PEREZ, WHITE FEMALE, 13 YEARS OLD, 01/09/2006, 5'5", 135 LBS, DARK BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES, AND JEANS WITH A WHITE TSHIRT AND BLACK AND WHITE BANDANA ON HER HEAD. POLICE ARE LOOKING FOR ERIK DIAZ-TAPIA, WHITE MALE, 19 YEARS OLD, 06/24/2000, 6'0", 190 LBS, BLACK HAIR, BROWN EYES AND UNKNOWN CLOTHING, IN CONNECTION WITH HER ABDUCTION. THE SUSPECT IS DRIVING A RED OLDER MODEL 4 DOOR SEDAN, POSSIBLY A PONTIAC. THE SUSPECT WAS LAST HEARD FROM IN DEL RIO, TX. LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS BELIEVE THIS CHILD TO BE IN GRAVE OR IMMEDIATE DANGER.

Missing Since: Sep 9, 2019
Missing From: Del Rio, TX
Age Now: 13 years
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135 lbs
Description: Wearing jeans with a white t-shirt and black and white bandanna on her head
Adding link: Have you seen this child? Betsabe Perez

The Amber Alert was issued today, October 7, 2019 at 11:39 a.m. CDT per Leon County Emergency Management

Texas Alerts on Twitter
ACTIVE AMBER ALERT for Betsabe Perez from Del Rio, TX, on 10/07/2019, red 4 door sedan

12:12 PM · Oct 7, 2019

Last edited:
OCT 7, 2019
Texas Amber Alert Issued For Teen Abducted From Del Rio
[...]

DPS says the girl was last seen in the 200 block of West Drive in Val Verde Park at 12 p.m. on September 9.

Details about the circumstances of the abduction were not released and it was not immediately clear why it took nearly a month to issue an amber alert

The suspect has been identified as Erik Diaz-Tapia. He’s described as a 19-year-old white male with black hair and brown eyes, standing 6 feet tall and weighing 190 pounds.

[...]

OCT 7, 2019
MISSING CHILD: West Texas officials searching for 13-year-old girl
[...]

Officials believe Perez is in "grave or immediate danger."

Anyone with information should call 830-774-7513.

Officials issued an emergency alert for Betsabe Perez just before noon, Monday, Oct. 7, 2019. She was last seen at 208 West Drive in Val Verde Park Estates outside Del Rio, Texas at noon Sept. 9, according to an Amber Alert.

Amber Alert issued for missing southwest Texas teenager
[...]

According to an Amber Alert issued Monday afternoon, Betsabe Perez was last seen on Sept. 9 in Del Rio, Texas, which is near the Texas and Mexico border.

[...]

Del Rio TX: Google Maps

Last edited:
OCT 7, 2019
Texas Amber Alert Issued For Teen Abducted From Del Rio
[...]

DPS says the girl was last seen in the 200 block of West Drive in Val Verde Park at 12 p.m. on September 9.

Details about the circumstances of the abduction were not released and it was not immediately clear why it took nearly a month to issue an amber alert

The suspect has been identified as Erik Diaz-Tapia. He’s described as a 19-year-old white male with black hair and brown eyes, standing 6 feet tall and weighing 190 pounds.

[...]
The fact that it took so long to be reported shows that something is seriously wrong here. Since DPS is involved, maybe it wasn't the parents who reported it? Maybe school contacted DPS?

DPS is the Department of Public Safety not CPS or child/family services or anything.
Yes, but if I understand correctly (and I could be wrong), the department initially involved reports the Amber Alert. If DPS was involved, they were likely called in for some reason. Based on the length of time, I'm guessing it may not have been her parents or legal guardians unfortunately. I'm not from Texas, so maybe I'm misunderstanding something about the process.

The fact that it took so long to be reported shows that something is seriously wrong here. Since DPS is involved, maybe it wasn't the parents who reported it? Maybe school contacted DPS?

DPS is the Department of Public Safety. DFPS is the Department of Family and Protective services aka CPS.

edit -- sorry, messed up the quoting here and reposted.

Yes, but if I understand correctly (and I could be wrong), the department initially involved reports the Amber Alert. If DPS was involved, they were likely called in for some reason. Based on the length of time, I'm guessing it may not have been her parents or legal guardians unfortunately. I'm not from Texas, so maybe I'm misunderstanding something about the process.

I see, I guess I wonder if she was reported missing a month ago and the Amber Alert was just now issued or if she wasn't reported missing whatsoever until today.

I see, I guess I wonder if she was reported missing a month ago and the Amber Alert was just now issued or if she wasn't reported missing whatsoever until today.
We don't know when she was reported missing but I can't find any news of it prior to today when the Amber Alert was issued. MOO

Last edited:
Betsabe went missing in May as well. She was found by Del Rio Police on May 27.

"Betsabe aka (Betsy or Betsa) Perez ( 13 y/o) has gone missing since saturday night between 7:30pm and 8pm in the Val Verde Area. Betsy asked my mom (her grandma) for permission to go walking, my mom said no. She then said she was going next door to my sister's (her mom) and went elsewhere. Location in her phone as of 8:53 Saturday night last showed Charles Drive in Val Verde Area.. Location Sunday morning showed around East 13th Street. Both Sheriff Department and Police Department have been notified. If you have any information about her whereabouts please do not hesitate to contact us ASAP or PD / Sheriff's. She has been active on Facebook but her location is turned off. She has blocked our calls and any form of communication. We do not know if she knows the person she is with or if she is in any type of danger. She might be a flight risk (border). We appreciate any type of help and/or leads!!"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back