MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any reports of volunteers searching? I've seen instances before where hundreds of people will show up and search every inch of wooded areas or parks and such. I don't remember seeing any stories of her family getting together volunteers.

I'm not positive that the police took it all that seriously at the beginning.

Another case this reminds me of in one way- the McCall's. Husband and wife just disappeared without a trace- although during day light hours, they were found almost a year later a bit of aways from their home. Their lights were on, their house looked normal, no sign of a struggle. While it appears that one of their neighbors is a POI, LE has never said much more about it since the McCall's were found. Like Sandra, the McCall's had plans for the next day- I believe they were going back home to another house for a few months- something about a business they owned, unrelated to the case, from all appearances.

Still- Sandra just moved there recently. Makes me wonder if someone from her past, an old friend, ex boyfriend, etc, might have dropped by that night and things went wrong.
It's the McFalls case, but yes, there are some similarities! Probably the biggest difference is that 2 people vanished, not one, but both are so mysterious. There doesn't seem to be a single clue to follow for poor Sandra. If she did take her purse with her, I tend to rule out an evening walk. I suppose she could have gone for a walk, though, with her dog, and someone perhaps followed her back home. Even that doesn't make much sense to me, though.

New to this thread, but not new to WS. Random thoughts...

Having trouble reconciling the scene. Door unlocked, ac and all the lights on, purse missing, bed boards off. If I’m going for a walk, I would take my dog, but not my purse, and may not lock the door. If I’m walking to the store, I would take my purse and lock the door, and leave the dog at home. Basically, if I’m taking my purse, I have a place for my keys, so I’d lock the door. Maybe she left the house keys with the car mechanic, but then how’d she get back in her house when the family member dropped her off?

If there was a struggle inside and she was taken against her will, did she just say Wait, let me grab my purse? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Also, ALL the lights were on? Makes me think it was dark outside. If not, I could see maybe A light on in the house, but the news articles I’ve seen say ALL the lights were on.

Some have suggested someone from her past dropped by. But that doesn’t seem likely to me, since she’d recently moved and didn’t have SM. How would someone from her past have known her address? Just seems unlikely.

wrt References to homeless shelters, I imagine the first places checked when someone goes missing are hospitals, morgues and homeless shelters. I believe that there was a false sighting at a homeless shelter in Fall River early on, and that’s how it made the news articles. Don’t think anyone suggested she either had mental health issues or was a volunteer at shelters.

At this point, I’d lean toward she was abducted outside the home. Either she decided to walk to the store and was forcibly abducted, or she accepted a ride from someone she knew, maybe a neighbor.

God bless her daughter for keeping it in the news.

Her daughter, I believe, said that Sandra "seemed happier than she had in a long time", which is sort of an unusual statement, and led me to wonder about possible depression in her life.

Happier than she had been in along time is kind like saying- getting a fresh start. Maybe her life in Quincy was something she wanted to get away from.

Her daughter, I believe, said that Sandra "seemed happier than she had in a long time", which is sort of an unusual statement, and led me to wonder about possible depression in her life.

I thought it pretty innocent. I think many empty nest mothers would certainly seem happier than you’re used to seeing them if they got to see their babies and grand babies nearly every day. Everyone needs love and sense of purpose and I think being there meant the world to Sandra...which I think was the point the daughter was trying to make.
When I was young my aunt lived in Arkansas and most of the rest of her family lives in California. She was basically alone out there and she was someone we mostly saw on holidays. Situations allowed for her to be able to move in with my family. When she moved in with us, she seemed happier than she had seemed in a long time. She had no history of depression just being around loved ones makes everyone happier, especially after being isolated.

MOO.

I've just caught up on this case by reading through all the threads, and this is indeed a very big mystery. It reminds me a bit of Tara Grinstead's case, in which her dog was left and no clear signs of a struggle, but a few things were odd. I am highly skeptical that she walked away voluntarily or self-harmed, but of course anything is possible.

I agree with those that the lights on and dog with no food and water points to her leaving the residence or being taken in the evening, more likely not the middle of the night although I suppose an abductor could turn a light on.

Given that she had her purse, is there definite evidence that she made it home after the mechanic's appointment? It's hard not to be suspicious of whoever it is, yet unnamed, party that drove her home.

Hoping that something will break soon!

With all of the cameras out there today, it always amazes me that somehow, some way, children and adults disappear without a trace. Years ago, I could understand it.

Poor Sandra and her family and dog.

The purse is puzzling to me. Did an old acquaintance or friend ask her to go out for a drink? Or just a ride, seeing that it was still summer, and at the time, she went willingly, not suspecting any harm toward her at all?

I've just caught up on this case by reading through all the threads, and this is indeed a very big mystery. It reminds me a bit of Tara Grinstead's case, in which her dog was left and no clear signs of a struggle, but a few things were odd. I am highly skeptical that she walked away voluntarily or self-harmed, but of course anything is possible.

I agree with those that the lights on and dog with no food and water points to her leaving the residence or being taken in the evening, more likely not the middle of the night although I suppose an abductor could turn a light on.

Given that she had her purse, is there definite evidence that she made it home after the mechanic's appointment? It's hard not to be suspicious of whoever it is, yet unnamed, party that drove her home.

There is not definite evidence that she made it home, other than the “family member” dropped her off around 5pm. Her purse is with her at Cumberland Farms, but not at the house.

I noticed in one of the recent articles about Sandra's vigil that her daughter was quoted as saying "we dropped her off." That really stuck out to me as everything up to this point said only "family member," which really could be anybody in a very extended network of people....sister, cousin, niece, etc. We know from other articles that Sandra's daughter was at work in Boston during the time that Sandra needed to drop her car off, so whoever the unnamed family member is, it's someone close enough that to Sandra's daughter, they come under the umbrella of "we." I also believe, based on the timelines provided by MSM articles, that the three children were in the truck when it stopped at Cumberland Farms and were transported by that driver back to their home after dropping off Sandra. So it has to be someone trusted to drive the children, and who also has the space in their vehicle and ability to install 3 carseats (not easy to find just any car where this is possible to do safely). All of this leads me to conclude that the unnamed family member is actually Sandra's son in law, who would normally be driving the children. Why they would not name him, or whoever it turns out to be, I have no idea, unless the police department advised against it for the very reason that is now taking place...the sleuthing and suspicion that falls on the last person to see her.

I think that the identity of the driver is likely a distraction to actually solving the mystery of what happened to Sandra, as police have had a lot of time to verify the driver's account and timeline of the drop off. There may not be security camera footage that recorded her entering her home but I'm sure there must be plenty of business and security footage of the route the driver would have taken upon leaving Sandra's neighborhood and returning to the children's home in neighboring Pembroke.

IMO only -

the dog may have tried to hide under the bed, thus the unsettled "bed boards". That is where I am now.

But why? what was going on?
I don't recall reading the size of the dog - but this makes sense only if the mattress was off the bed? Mattresses are quite heavy IMO. I wonder if they dusted the bedframe for prints? I still believe she was taken - just not sure where? JMO

I don't recall reading the size of the dog - but this makes sense only if the mattress was off the bed? Mattresses are quite heavy IMO. I wonder if they dusted the bedframe for prints? I still believe she was taken - just not sure where? JMO
We recently learned that Sandra's dog is a black Lab named Barney. :) MOO

ETA: How Big Do Black Labs Get? | Pets World
While female labs typically grow to be between 21-23 inches in height, male labs grow up to 24 inches in height. Female labs typically do not weigh over 70 lbs., whereas male labs can weigh up to 100 lbs.

Last edited:

This article:
Vigil marks 2 months since former Quincy woman disappeared

Calls the dog a "pound mutt" named Clarence. I've seen other places he was partially black lab. In a different article Sandra's daughter said the dog was usually excitable and jumping around.

IMO, labs are not great as guard dogs as they can be friendly to strangers. That doesn't mean they won't be aggressive when their owner is being harmed.

Sandra, and her shoes and purse are missing. There was a dog in the house where she was allegedly dropped off. To me, this suggests that she didn't make it home, or made it home and later left the house with someone she knew.

For now, I am discounting all secondhand accounts of her arriving home after Cumby's, or talking to a family member the night she disappeared. ETA- this because of the family talking collectively as "we", instead of individuals (from Yemelyan's post).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member