GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Personality disorder or some “syndrome” to explain this?
Naw, just narcissistic, selfish, garden variety miscreants. Let’s not give them a “disorder” defense. No go.

Amateur opinion and speculation

AFAIK narcissism is a personality disorder. I don't think though that personality disorders can be used as a defence, they are not mental illnesses. Moo.

AFAIK narcissism is a personality disorder. I don't think though that personality disorders can be used as a defence, they are not mental illnesses. Moo.
Yes you are technically correct.
The point I was attempting to make, and apparently not too well, is that crimes are explained because of , due to “disorders” vs. just evil souls.

<modsnip: If COD was not released, do not discuss it> It’s just vile that a woman could go beyond all natural instincts and actually plot and carry out the murder of her own children. Please, if there’s any justice left,
May she never be released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you are technically correct.
The point I was attempting to make, and apparently not too well, is that crimes are explained because of , due to “disorders” vs. just evil souls.

Well I don't believe in 'evil'. You can call it amateur if you like. Like Chris Watts who put his kids in an oil tank, a personality disorder such as NPD explains the way these people think ( they do not have empathy in many cases, so children and spouses can be disposable) - it's not an attempt to excuse what they actually did. That debate is pretty old.
We're not allowed to reference social media here but I don't feel like I'm speculating on this one, there's a reason I've come to this conclusion.

Thanks, that's what I was getting at. Personality disorders can be classed as mental health disorders but I think to be used as a defense it would have to be demonstrated that the person was psychotic at the time and didn't know what they were doing at all. Evidence of planning would rule that out here IMO.

<modsnip>It’s just vile that a woman could go beyond all natural instincts and actually plot and carry out the murder of her own children. Please, if there’s any justice left,
May she never be released.

I would imagine more details will be revealed at sentencing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why.... why did she plan this. At the time the boys sm showed happy lives.

The kids seemed loved and cared for so what changed and how did she think she would get away with having 6 murdered kids to explain away? Was it being staged to look accidental? Carbon monoxide poisoning or something perhaps

I wonder why.... why did she plan this.

Why did they plan this.

It’s interesting they’ve both now plead guilty. I wonder what changed between May and now?

‘Barrass had protested her innocence when she appeared in court earlier this year.

When she was produced at the Crown Court for the first time in May, days after the murders, she shouted from the dock: "I didn't kill my boys. Swear to God.

"I didn't do it. You will see. Swear to God."’

Mother and family member plead guilty to murdering her two teenage sons at Sheffield Crown Court

from the above link:

Mother of ‘poisoned’ teenage boys, and her brother appear in court accused of murder The boys died in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, on Friday and their mother has […]

Sarah-Barrass-and-Brandon-Machin-1.png

Why did they plan this.

It’s interesting they’ve both now plead guilty. I wonder what changed between May and now?

‘Barrass had protested her innocence when she appeared in court earlier this year.

When she was produced at the Crown Court for the first time in May, days after the murders, she shouted from the dock: "I didn't kill my boys. Swear to God.

"I didn't do it. You will see. Swear to God."’

Mother and family member plead guilty to murdering her two teenage sons at Sheffield Crown Court

Maybe once they'd seen all the evidence against them. Maybe they didn't want every detail coming out in a trial. But saying that, like other posters have said we will still hear what happened.

I may have missed it, but I don't think the relationship between Barrass and Machin has been posted:

A man charged with murdering two teenage boys in a "major incident" at a home in Sheffield is their uncle.

Brandon Machin, 37, appeared in court today accused of killing Blake Barrass, 14, and 13-year-old Tristan Barrass.

Also in the dock is the teens' mum, Sarah Barrass, 34, who is also accused of three counts of attempted murder.

Machin is Barrass' half-brother.

Man charged with murdering teens in Sheffield is their uncle

I may have missed it, but I don't think the relationship between Barrass and Machin has been posted:

A man charged with murdering two teenage boys in a "major incident" at a home in Sheffield is their uncle.

Brandon Machin, 37, appeared in court today accused of killing Blake Barrass, 14, and 13-year-old Tristan Barrass.

Also in the dock is the teens' mum, Sarah Barrass, 34, who is also accused of three counts of attempted murder.

Machin is Barrass' half-brother.

Man charged with murdering teens in Sheffield is their uncle
Haven't read thread but have followed case, including local internet forums. I am aware of the limitations on posting speculation here, but suggest you do your own digging if you're interested in the exact nature of the family relationships. One of the murdered kids (Tristan Barass) had his own YouTube channel which is still accessible. Nothing of note on it, just text about music and gaming etc. except what might be one of his last uploads about 6 months ago when he says "I have been given the option to stay or move school". Strange choice of words for a child that age and no info on who has offered this choice.

The media are posting the social media posts she made now so I suppose we can discuss it. There were many more, about rage, killing, being a '', punishing children, broken relationships and some really crude sexual jokes. Seemed like someone very resentful of being a parent and entirely focussed on their own feelings.
Based on that I would guess all the charity events and kids pushed into them was their mother seeking the attention it generated and the cover of looking like a caring individual....I doubt she ever was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back