MO MO - Betty Alexander, 69, Sullivan, 11 April 2019

Bring Betty Home post July 13th announcing a second detective. Lots of comments.
Bring Betty Home
We now have a 2nd private investigator on mom's case. John Under hill has 30 years experience in missing persons cases and worked the Summer Shipp case along with several other cases. He came in from Kansas City yesterday and spent the last two days going over mom's case, talking to people, and walking wooded areas. We did talk to one of two witnesses who stated he definitely saw mom standing outside the fire department in the road at 5pm on Thursday, April 11th. She wouldn't move as they drove towards her and just stood there and stared. Since she didn't take any of her medication on Thursday (which she was always adamant about taking on time), none of her neighbors saw her, several phone calls were unanswered, she wasn't home when Meals on Wheels arrived, she didn't check her mail that day, but was seen at 5pm, it now leads us to wonder where she was between Wednesday night after 7pm and Thursday at 5pm...and where did she go from the fire station Thursday at 5pm?

We are asking any businesses in the downtown area that have video surveillance from April 11th to please review your tapes.

Anyone with sheds, campers, empty buildings or places she could have used for shelter, please check them if you have not already.

We definitely feel someone knows something and we hope they will come forward. They can contact John Underhill at 816-882-7992 or John Mackey at 888-511-0498 with tips. I will keep adding as much help as necessary on her case until we find her. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I WILL FIND HER!

Bring Betty Home post July 13th announcing a second detective. Lots of comments.
Bring Betty Home
We now have a 2nd private investigator on mom's case. John Under hill has 30 years experience in missing persons cases and worked the Summer Shipp case along with several other cases. He came in from Kansas City yesterday and spent the last two days going over mom's case, talking to people, and walking wooded areas. We did talk to one of two witnesses who stated he definitely saw mom standing outside the fire department in the road at 5pm on Thursday, April 11th. She wouldn't move as they drove towards her and just stood there and stared. Since she didn't take any of her medication on Thursday (which she was always adamant about taking on time), none of her neighbors saw her, several phone calls were unanswered, she wasn't home when Meals on Wheels arrived, she didn't check her mail that day, but was seen at 5pm, it now leads us to wonder where she was between Wednesday night after 7pm and Thursday at 5pm...and where did she go from the fire station Thursday at 5pm?

We are asking any businesses in the downtown area that have video surveillance from April 11th to please review your tapes.

Anyone with sheds, campers, empty buildings or places she could have used for shelter, please check them if you have not already.

We definitely feel someone knows something and we hope they will come forward. They can contact John Underhill at 816-882-7992 or John Mackey at 888-511-0498 with tips. I will keep adding as much help as necessary on her case until we find her. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I WILL FIND HER!

I'm inclined to agree with one of the comments on her FB post: It's possible someone knew her schedule and habits. Someone was watching her, possibly with the intent of setting her up for robbery or something similar. I think it's also possible she had been approached before by a person or persons who made friends with her, gained her trust and possibly even drove her somewhere on a previous occasion. The same people probably watch a lot of the elderly people who live in that area.

The city or local LE need to apply for grant funds or something to place cameras around those senior apartments (there are several little clusters in or near downtown).

Bring Betty Home Facebook post on Tuesday 9/10/19:
Bring Betty Home

It has been 5 months today since my mom was last seen. How can someone vanish without a trace from an apartment complex in the middle of town? THEY DON'T. Someone has to know something or saw her leave. I hope that by raising the reward money with the upcoming benefit, we will get some answers to end this daily nightmare of not knowing.

I miss you and love you so much, mom. ❤ Your grandkids miss you. The family misses you. Your friends miss you. The community is coming together to help find you. I will NOT stop until we bring you home.

“Bring Betty Home” Facebook page posted a link to a blog post about Betty’s case last Wednesday with a comment, “They definitely did their research.” I don’t believe we are allowed to discuss information from personal blogs, so I am not going to go into detail, but oh my gosh ....
Bring Betty Home

ETA: One thing I’ve noticed about Betty’s case is that LE has barely said anything. I do think they know a lot but are keeping it close to the vest. Regardless, I just want Betty to be found.

Last edited:
“Bring Betty Home” Facebook page posted a link to a blog post about Betty’s case last Wednesday with a comment, “They definitely did their research.” I don’t believe we are allowed to discuss information from personal blogs, so I am not going to go into detail, but oh my gosh ....
Bring Betty Home

ETA: One thing I’ve noticed about Betty’s case is that LE has barely said anything. I do think they know a lot but are keeping it close to the vest. Regardless, I just want Betty to be found.
Oh my gosh is right... o_O:( MOO

Bring Betty Home

Wow. When I initially read a case on here, its like my intuition or radar goes off on what I think happened. I don't generally state it publicly but I read the theories that others post, and then butt that up against my intuition. So.... my radar is on target after reading the blog, and especially the comments. Lord have mercy, criminals are so dumb. Keep waving that flag of guilt Dude. JMO.

OCT 5, 2019
Bring Betty Home
  • Betty's 70th Birthday Benefit (October 19th) is two weeks away.
  • They hope to raise the reward money high enough to get someone talking.
  • Donations for the auction, large servings of food, or beverages are needed.
  • Please keep Betty in your prayers and keep sharing her pictures.
  • Link to the event hosted by Bring Betty Home: Bring Betty Home 70th Birthday Benefit

Bring Betty Home

Wow, that's some interesting new information. This seems very likely linked to the possible sale of Betty's fentanyl patches. If Betty didn't want to sell the patches but was forced into it, they could have become concerned that she would tell someone about it. Most likely she would have told her daughter.

Also interesting about the DIL's uncle who lived nearby and who has since moved into her apartment, with some of her old furniture. The timing of the brother's entry to Betty's apartment to remove her belongings and change the lock is also relevant considering it was a day after the PI searched the scene. I'm guessing the DIL's uncle who lived nearby saw and reported all the activity to the son. It could also be an unfortunate coincidence, the same as visiting the uncle nearby the same night Betty went missing.

Why did the son tell LE of visiting the uncle a few doors down that night, but didn't stop at his mother's place?

Why didn't LE take fingerprint evidence at Betty's apartment? Likely it was just an oversight, but it might have been important information. Meals on Wheels volunteers finding the open door is even more suspicious considering it was well after the time that Betty most likely disappeared.

The whole situation is baffling and very suspicious. I hope someone comes forward with information. The gossip grapevine around town must be really buzzing.

ETA: The comments section for the linked post to Betty's FB page is interesting.

Last edited:
It smelled before, now it's starting to stink !! Prayers for Betty !!

I wasn't going to post again after my last post was flagged for victim shaming. The buzz around town is not what everyone thinks. It seems it is ok here to lean towards and mention the boys or uncle but not the daughter. We cannot have a public sleuthing forum that is just that if it's one sided.

There has been so many missing cases I have participated in and never have I once been not allowed to discuss or brainstorm with others about anything that would help solve tbe case.

So yes! It's stinking but not in the way everyone is being led to believe.

Why is this thread being so one sided? There is alot of information that is never going to be discussed if we are not allowed to talk.

It's very difficult sometimes, hard to put all the pieces together. It has been quite a while now, when LE fails to recognize a crime the scene is contaminated and evidence lost. I sound like a broken record, I realize every adult has the right to walk away ( voluntary missing) but in these cases where it turns out to be other than voluntary it's not possible to find the missing piece or pieces. It seems nonsensical. To your point LE generally works from in the close circle of family and friends out. But unless we have verified MSM or VI we have to leave this alone. Just frustrating with missing persons that might need help or be in danger or worse ! Sorry for rant , thank for your input MMM. MOO

OCT 11, 2019
Bring Betty Home

71880008_2384695378515562_6135294717149052928_n.jpg

6 MONTHS...OR...
1/2 of a year
26 weeks and 2 days
184 days
4,416 hours
264,960 minutes
15,897,600 seconds

"This is how long my nightmare has lasted."

"It has been so difficult planning her 70th birthday party/benefit knowing she probably won't be there. I will be making her favorite cake because I just can't handle the thought of not making her a cake for her birthday like I always did."

(more at the link)

:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa