Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Mark Petrites is on the stand now. Knew TS very well... met in 1995 when she was doing medical school rotation when he was in residency. Then no contact again until 2007. His relationship with MS was not very close. Closer to TS.

On 6/29 MP was at post office when he received vm from MS that TS hasn’t shown up for work. Asked MO to check on her. MP went to house and called MS. MS told him she didn’t show up for work and tried calling with no answer. Her phone was dead but also told MP he traced TS phone to house.

MP arrived at house he was still talking to MS. MS asked him to go directly into house via side garage but MP went to front door instead with no answer. Saw two dogs in foyer but no other activity. Front door locked so he went to garage. MS gave him garage door opener code. When door was up MP saw both vehicles. As he was walking toward door saw suitcase on ground.

I would be a terrible tweeter!

MP arrived at house he was still talking to MS. MS asked him to go directly into house via side garage but MP went to front door instead with no answer. Saw two dogs in foyer but no other activity. Front door locked so he went to garage. MS gave him garage door opener code. When door was up MP saw both vehicles. As he was walking toward door saw suitcase on ground.

I would be a terrible tweeter!

You're doing great!

Here - I'll help for a bit.

Petrites is still being questioned about the morning of June 29, 2015.

He entered the home through the Sievers home through the garage door.

Assistant State Attorney Hamid Hunter shows Dr. Petrites a photo of the front of the Sievers house on Jarvis Road in Bonita Springs.

Now the photo is on a large projection screen in front of the jury.

Petrites said the first thing he saw in the kitchen was a hammer on the floor.

"As I was first going in I saw blood on the floor," Petrites. "As I stepped in further I saw my friend Teresa."

Petrites said once he approached her, he saw Teresa Sievers head was bashed in.

She had a skull fracture in the back of the head, Petrites said.

Petrites said he check for signs of life.

"She had none, she was dead cold," Petrites said about Teresa Sievers.

After realizing Teresa was dead, Petrites began yelling the names of the Sievers' daughters. He did not know they were not at home.

"It was a very eerie feeling being inside the house," Petrites said.

Link: Jake Allen (@Jake_Allen19) | Twitter

Petrites said he provided biological samples to crime scene investigators.

In 2015, investigators ruled out Petrites as a suspect not too long after Teresa's death.

Defense is now questioning Dr. Petrites on cross examination.

Petrites was aware that Mark Sievers had more than one cellphone in 2015, which he found odd, he said.

State Witness number four is on the stand. It's Adam Hughes. He is a Lieutenant with Bonita Springs Fire Control and Rescue District.

Hughes said he responded to the Sievers home on the morning on June 29, 2015.

The call came in as a cardiac arrest, Hughes said.

Hughes entered the house with two other firefighters, he said.

They found Teresa Siever on the floor in the kitchen, he said

Jake Allen (@Jake_Allen19) | Twitter

We saw the patient down on the ground and there was injuries incompatible with life," Hughes said.

After realizing Teresa Sievers was dead, firefighters exited the home then law enforcement arrived later, Hughes said.

Hughes is released from the stand. No cross examination from the defense.

The next witness is going to be quite lengthy so we are taking lunch now. We will resume at 1:15 p.m., Judge Kyle said.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Jake Allen (@Jake_Allen19) | Twitter

Oh good - lunch - I can finish eating! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998