TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019 #2

Guyger’s attorneys knew about Brown’s past brushes with the law, but did not attempt to use them to impeach him as a witness — to raise questions about his credibility.

According to Toby Shook, one of the lawyers representing Guyger, that was because they thought his testimony helped their client.

“We actually viewed Joshua Brown as a witness who corroborated Amber’s story,” he said Thursday.

Brown had testified that he had heard two distinct voices but couldn’t understand exactly what they were saying, though he said the tone was as if they were surprised to be seeing each other. This matched Guyger’s testimony of walking into what she thought was her apartment, being startled to see Jean there and telling him to show his hands as he yelled “Hey, hey, hey!” Shook said.

“He was describing the exact thing Amber testified to,” Shook said, “so we didn’t really want to beat him up.”

What we know about the Dallas slaying of Joshua Brown, after arrests and rampant rumors

@kittythehare,

I am glad that Vera's child is doing better. Dravet syndrome is not fun...

What is good - at least researchers are working with marijuana now. Good and bad, all of it. When it was legalized in our state, I voted for it just because I believed that the black market was the biggest problem, not the drug. But then I found out the glaring absence of information about its effects. There was extremely scant literature. Now it is emerging, and while very controversial, and sometimes impossible to interpret, at least it is being studied. It was never possible in the time of illegality.
The research is exciting indeed. Nature.com ran some great research in recent months.. It's an ancient thing and a whole new thing at the same time..

Guyger’s attorneys knew about Brown’s past brushes with the law, but did not attempt to use them to impeach him as a witness — to raise questions about his credibility.

According to Toby Shook, one of the lawyers representing Guyger, that was because they thought his testimony helped their client.

“We actually viewed Joshua Brown as a witness who corroborated Amber’s story,” he said Thursday.

Brown had testified that he had heard two distinct voices but couldn’t understand exactly what they were saying, though he said the tone was as if they were surprised to be seeing each other. This matched Guyger’s testimony of walking into what she thought was her apartment, being startled to see Jean there and telling him to show his hands as he yelled “Hey, hey, hey!” Shook said.

“He was describing the exact thing Amber testified to,” Shook said, “so we didn’t really want to beat him up.”

What we know about the Dallas slaying of Joshua Brown, after arrests and rampant rumors
Are you serious!!
Who said there might be more shocks?

Are you serious!!
Who said there might be more shocks?
Not really that surprising. I am not sure why prosecution was so keen on him testifying to begin with. It doesn't sound like he was a key witness. It also sounds that the jury convicted Gyger because of her own testimony. So I guess that would explain why defense didn't want to destroy his credibility-they believed his testimony was helpful to them.

Not really that surprising. I am not sure why prosecution was so keen on him testifying to begin with. It doesn't sound like he was a key witness. It also sounds that the jury convicted Gyger because of her own testimony. So I guess that would explain why defense didn't want to destroy his credibility-they believed his testimony was helpful to them.
Every single opinion I expressed on this case has been wholly wrong.
That'll teach me, I hope...
I was convinced everybody was being really tolerant and it was a refreshing thing to see.None so blind as him who will not see, or count..

Was Joshua Brown already in contact with the trio, and was he aware that they were going to meet with him for a drug deal? Or did the trio seek him out and surprise him? I ask this because now some people are saying that the DPD should've protected Brown's identity, and the DPD should be held accountable.

Joshua Brown was no 'key witness' for the prosecution. If anyone was a key witness for the prosecution it was Guyger herself!

Was Joshua Brown already in contact with the trio, and was he aware that they were going to meet with him for a drug deal? Or did the trio seek him out and surprise him? I ask this because now some people are saying that the DPD should've protected Brown's identity, and the DPD should be held accountable.
Good question.
That's their narrative.
Brown's identity and location were protected to an extent, he received special treatment in court.
But , if Brown was dealing, the last thing he would have desired is 'protection'. He may have declined and it may have been offered.
Police will have his phone records etc by now and will know the truth of that.
Info has not been made public

Who shall we believe?

Men said they are from Alexandria, LA.

Court records indicate Cheneyville, LA.

And Dallas Police say the 3 are from Rapides Parish.

As TC Green had a court hearing Weds (Chenyville) that he most likely missed, he probably still resides in Cheneyville.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or more of trio have relatives in TX.

(Noting Dallas is almost 300 miles from San Antonio-- with a head start, that might be a good place to hide out)...
I live in Rapides Parish. Cheneyville and Alexandria are both in Rapides Parish, abt 12 miles apart. I thought one of the men lived in Cheneyville and the others in Alexandria. The second suspect was arrested in Avoyelles Parish (city of Marksville) which is about 30 miles from Alexandria.

edited for spelling.

If it were drug deal gone bad, I don't see how he wouldn't be aware they were going to meet him? Why exactly would the trio drive for hours to surprise him? It's no like he was described as very rich at trial, is it? His profession at trial was described as managing Airbnbs, so it's not like was advertised as a drug dealer at trial.

THC may worsen seizures, as it actually lowers seizure threshold. Consequently, so can marijuana. It is only pure CBD that is used for treatment of seizures. Because of the widespread misconception that marijuana treats infantile seizures, I find it important to emphasize, not marijuana, CBD.

However, moo, big pharma is doing their part in mucking up the picture by taking their piece of the pie. The medications that are approved by the FDA for seizures in children are big pharma based.
Medical cannabis for epilepsy approved in FDA first

I read this and I got a fit of coughing that almost left me dead because I started laughing so hard while inhaling tobacco smoke...
Thanks, again!!

I'm still kind of curious about that November murder.. just because Second person (S2) is maintaining invisibility and I wonder why..
apart from that it's pretty much dead in the water, isn't it?
An anti climax for sure..
I'm disappointed .
A murder. A drug deal.. a gigantic propaganda machine calling for death to the DPD..
had all the ingredients of a long and interesting case and a big trial.
And now it's just like- all so predictable...
a stasis..
he's still dead, 2/3 in custody...
It's over and I'm sorry, it was such a lively discussion and top class work from everybody..
I'm gonna miss it so much..

UNLESS- it all changes again.... and anything is possible!
Inhaling tobacco smoke also, LOL. I feel opposite of you. I'm so relieved. No anti climax for me. There was a tiny possibility a lone wolf committed this murder because of the trial. The true reason for this murder was always pretty clear to me. It was easy for me to read between the lines because of my exposure to the culture of drug dealing. The November 2018 incident told me all I needed to know. Also, a felony drug conviction and misdemeanor for theft are very telling. One poster here said "big whoopity". Well, it IS big. Since i don't live around drug culture anymore, the people around me don't have these issues. I know because I basically do deep research on everyone. JB was somehow assigned saint status by alot of people and I couldn't understand it. It was claimed that he willingly testified when that was not the case. I see alot of people here are really into pot/THC. I am not and it's the most boring topic on earth for me. But, hey, to each their own. Even if pot was legal everywhere, people like JB do not want to earn an honest living. So unless there is government sanctioned sales of meth, cocaine and heroin, there will always be drug dealing. Criminals always find a way. IMO.

See, i can understand he may have been laying low... EXCEPT for the fact that he was posting on SM WHERE he was... and what he was doing. He would have been EASY to find if someone put effort into it. And if Diggs was a common denominator, friends of friends knew where JB was, lived and was going. Granted, easy to follow him from the courthouse if they didn't know where he was now living back in Dallas. Remember, we aren't talking about rocket scientists here. They don't work any harder than they have to, to make the quick buck or so web searches to actually FIND the person. They rely on 'i saw so and so here... he's hanging here, come on over'

Also, he was free to go back to Cali. The AG case had wrapped up. AFAIK, no authority was keeping him in TX??

Good morning all!

I have no issue at all when pot is used for truly medical reasons even though I've never used it for any reason myself.

I'm very glad to know many who are truly gravely ill, with pain, and suffering now have it legally available to them. Those states who have enacted laws for its use finally have the capacity to highly regulate it.

From our own history even starting during prohibition it made the illegal liquor runners into millionaires, which into today's time would be billionaires, along with illegal drug lords, and illegal gun runners now becoming billionaires.

It's really heartbreaking to realize our country, most of all, is where the most demand is.

They all target where the most demand is no matter how harmful they know it is for our citizens. The drug epidemic took 70K of our people last year alone. Most are fentanyl overdoses being trafficked in from China. Ugh!

I just read recently we are now becoming the world's top country when it comes to human sex trafficking being done with many of the human traffickers coming in from other countries.

Plus we've seen countless enslaved trafficked victims being found entrapped/enslaved inside of homes found by the FBI.

Many weren't found in low income houses, but are now being found in grand stately homes with perfectly manicured lawns. Sigh.

So while I'm very thankful those who really need MJ have the opportunity to do so legally now, but what I worry about now are the countless others who are doing it on the black market where no regulations or standards are in place.

I often see it said it's not the same pot as parents had in the 60s. Since I grew up in the 60s, but never used it, would someone please explain the difference from then, and now? Tia!

Jmho

I've expressed the same thoughts here from both the prosecutor and defense on why they used JB as a witness:

According to Toby Shook, one of the lawyers representing Guyger, that was because they thought his testimony helped their client. "We viewed Joshua Brown as a witness who corroborated Amber's story" he said.

I agree that JB corroborated AG's testimony with everything except he did not hear her command in a loud voice for BR to show his hands. JB also testified that he too had gone to the wrong floor while a resident of their complex.

I believe prosecutor used JB as a witness specifically because of his proximity to see and hear what went down. He lived directly across the hall from JB, and was approaching his apartment when gunshots fired. Most important for the prosecution was at his close proximity, he did not hear AG's loud "show me your hands" command.

Otherwise, I pretty much thought his testimony was duplicative of the witness testimony for this case.

MOO

I didn't say the prosecution was being investigated.
There is no need to investigate them . They did a brilliant job.
I do think the Prosecution was brilliant from what little I heard during the trial. They weren't what I call mamby pamby. I don't know why I'm hooked on that word now. Lol
Different opinion of a couple cops that night...

Last edited:
I think he should be fired for this bit, at least.
Imagine, his girlfriend sitting there, charged with murder and this is all he thinks of her!!!
Rivera testified he deleted the texts between him and Guyger from the night of the shooting,

"That's not something that I would want to be reminded of," Rivera said. "And I don't keep messages saved unless it's of an importance to me."

God cringe and shrink...
Does anybody know whether sexual relationships between police partners are frowned upon or considered perfectly normal within the police force ?

Deleting the texts is understandable.
His failure to recall the long telephone call is not.
I think that call would have incriminated Guyger because I have a notion he called to cancel a date and left her in a state...
Speculating only.
I can't agree with it being ok to delete texts. It's never ok. And police know it.
Remember Chris Watts gf? It's very frowned upon. Texts are part of an investigation, and appear to be an attempt to cover-up facts.

Good morning all!

I have no issue at all when pot is used for truly medical reasons even though I've never used it for any reason myself.

I'm very glad to know many who are truly gravely ill, with pain, and suffering now have it legally available to them. Those states who have enacted laws for its use finally have the capacity to highly regulate it.

From our own history even starting during prohibition it made the illegal liquor runners into millionaires, which into today's time would be billionaires, along with illegal drug lords, and illegal gun runners now becoming billionaires.

It's really heartbreaking to realize our country, most of all, is where the most demand is.

They all target where the most demand is no matter how harmful they know it is for our citizens. The drug epidemic took 70K of our people last year alone. Most are fentanyl overdoses being trafficked in from China. Ugh!

I just read recently we are now becoming the world's top country when it comes to human sex trafficking being done with many of the human traffickers coming in from other countries.

Plus we've seen countless enslaved trafficked victims being found entrapped/enslaved inside of homes found by the FBI.

Many weren't found in low income houses, but are now being found in grand stately homes with perfectly manicured lawns. Sigh.

So while I'm very thankful those who really need MJ have the opportunity to do so legally now, but what I worry about now are the countless others who are doing it on the black market where no regulations or standards are in place.

I often see it said it's not the same pot as parents had in the 60s. Since I grew up in the 60s, but never used it, would someone please explain the difference from then, and now? Tia!

Jmho
Good morning, well afternoon here,
In the 60's and 70's it was a simple plant, grown from a seed and sold when dried or processed into hash-hish.
Then came genetic modification, hybridisation, and the spraying of chemicals on the plant nad all other types of dangerous to life substances, none of which were organic.
The hash-hish remained relatively unchanged but sometimes had small particles of opium added which appeared as white specks on it.
Today, it's still called weed and hash but the 'weed' bears no resemblance to the 60's weed.
Hash used to be named from its country of origin, moroccan, lebanese etc and all had slightly different taste and strength and consistency.

There is absolutely no resemblance to the marijuana of the 60's and 70's.
I don't remember people having psychotic episodes on it.
Mind you, in those days LSD was also more widely available.
Cocaine, less so, it was for the very rich, only.
MDMA (E) is relatively new as well and frequently mixed with deadly substances causing death.

With the simple cannabis plant, only the female plants produced a 'stone', the male plants were and are more widely used for the manufacture of various items and contain no psychoactive substances- this is hemp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back