GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1h1 hour ago
#MarkelMurder - Jury has two questions: 1. If person B accompanies person A with the shared intent to commit robbery and person A commits premeditated murder during robbery and B didn't know it was going to happen is person B a "Principal" to the premeditated murder?

#MarkelMurder - Jury question #2: Does "principal" apply to conspiracy?

#MarkelMurder - Judge answers to jury questions: 1. Your ? asks me to apply the facts to the law. I am not able to do that. That's your job. 2. No, the law of principals does not apply to the conspiracy charge.

#MarkelMurder - Jury has two questions: 1. If person B accompanies person A with the shared intent to commit robbery and person A commits premeditated murder during robbery and B didn't know it was going to happen is person B a "Principal" to the premeditated murder?

#MarkelMurder - Jury question #2: Does "principal" apply to conspiracy?

#MarkelMurder - Judge answers to jury questions: 1. Your ? asks me to apply the facts to the law. I am not able to do that. That's your job. 2. No, the law of principals does not apply to the conspiracy charge.
Very good, Thanks!

" State exhibits 93 - 96 are maps related to cell tower information. The computerized maps were demonstrative aids and are not available as exhibits."

You will simply have to Collectively remember his testimony as to any other cell tower mapping information."
Wondering if jury can ask for read backs of testimony.

" State exhibits 93 - 96 are maps related to cell tower information. The computerized maps were demonstrative aids and are not available as exhibits."

You will simply have to Collectively remember his testimony as to any other cell tower mapping information."
Deleted -- double post. Sorry.

Last edited:
why would the jury ask the odd question about two partners, one going for a robbery and one for a murder? in what scenario is this even relevant? if it were relevant it would be for LR - but SG was in it for murder all along. And KM ordered it. Were they not listening?

Generally speaking quicker verdicts tend to be more likely to convict. But this is still a pretty short deliberation so far. If it goes all day tomorrow I’ll start to worry they are leaning acquittal or hung.

Keep in mind that if the jury isn't comfortable with murder one, they can still convict them of second degree or manslaughter. I'd be disappointed, but it may give the prosecution more leverage to cut a deal with KM (for whatever she is still worth) because the sentencing guidelines are less stringent.

why would the jury ask the odd question about two partners, one going for a robbery and one for a murder? in what scenario is this even relevant? if it were relevant it would be for LR - but SG was in it for murder all along. And KM ordered it. Were they not listening?

I hope the combining of the cases was not too confusing.

My mind is still blown by the jury's first question. I need a drink.
It is worrisome. We all know a lot about the case but maybe it looks different with very little knowledge. And honestly we all know people that would struggle on a jury... it’s not easy to handpick people that can think through all this evidence properly sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken