GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up with white privilege. I've never suffered poverty or what minorities face every day. That said, it would bother me SO MUCH MORE to see all Adelsons go free while LR, SG, and KM pay the ultimate price. I'm just fine with any deal they make as long as it includes some time.

I don't know how to quote my original post just your response to it. My reasons for not wanting KM to have any deal:

I would like to see ALL OF THEM BURN in hell. I will be beyond devastated if the Adelson(s) walk away scot free and if it takes making a deal to make that happen I am all for it.....I just have very strong feelings towards KM. To this date she has not stepped up to do the right thing. If she had any kind of moral compass she could have prevented this the moment CA approached her.

In my eyes she has killed two men. Dan Markel and Sigfredo Garcia.

On another note; if a man like Dan Markel did not met their high standards can you imagine what they thought of CA dating KM.

I feel the same way GypsyR ... KM & WA both make me crazy!! and I know this sounds horrible but I feel bad for SG. He loves KM so much that he would do anything to win her back ... and she played him BAD!!

You could really hear it in that one wiretap call between KM and SG. She's yelling at him declaring that he doesn't do enough for her, she doesn't feel secure, when is he going to do more for her. It's all about ME ME ME! It really appears that she manipulated SG to do this crime. She wanted the $30K+ and didn't want to get her hands dirty to get it. And she was willing to risk the life of the father of her two kids. Maybe he didn't even want to do it. He never killed anyone before. He was a bumbling petty criminal but not a murderer until KM pushed him to do it. Sad.

I don't know how to quote my original post just your response to it. My reasons for not wanting KM to have any deal:

I would like to see ALL OF THEM BURN in hell. I will be beyond devastated if the Adelson(s) walk away scot free and if it takes making a deal to make that happen I am all for it.....I just have very strong feelings towards KM. To this date she has not stepped up to do the right thing. If she had any kind of moral compass she could have prevented this the moment CA approached her.

In my eyes she has killed two men. Dan Markel and Sigfredo Garcia.

On another note; if a man like Dan Markel did not met their high standards can you imagine what they thought of CA dating KM.
I’m with you on this. My feelings exactly.

This is the likely reason. Based on my experience. Had the same stubborn lunatic on my jury. It was beyond frustrating. Beyond!! It’s prob the same one that cried when KM cried at SG’s verdict.
I can only imagine your frustration during your time on a jury!

Attempted murder. And I can honestly say to this day I have no clue what this woman’s position was. Because she had none. She ‘what if’’d us to death! She berated another juror right off the bat about something minor. It was embarrassing. We all hated her by the end. Others were much more patient with her than I was. I was just OVER IT! I let others cajole her and she finally caved! Which tells you she had no real conviction. We all predicted she wanted the control! That’s really what it seemed like. Another personality disordered woman!
I’m glad you guys got the conviction in the end that the rest of you all believed was warranted!

Attempted murder. And I can honestly say to this day I have no clue what this woman’s position was. Because she had none. She ‘what if’’d us to death! She berated another juror right off the bat about something minor. It was embarrassing. We all hated her by the end. Others were much more patient with her than I was. I was just OVER IT! I let others cajole her and she finally caved! Which tells you she had no real conviction. We all predicted she wanted the control! That’s really what it seemed like. Another personality disordered woman!
Also thank you for sharing.

Snips of statements from GC and family

GC
Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman, who led the prosecution, said she was disappointed in the mistrial. But, she added, "We're going to regroup and try to do it better next time."

Family
“After waiting five long years, we are relieved that at least one of the people responsible for Danny’s murder was convicted today and are grateful for the tireless efforts of law enforcement and the State Attorney’s Office,” said their attorneys Orin Snyder and Matthew Benjamin. “Yet justice was only partially served. In light of the mountain of evidence presented by the State Attorney’s Office, we are confident Katherine Magbanua will be re-tried and convicted.”

“As all who followed this trial know, there is more work to be done to ensure that everyone responsible for Danny’s murder is held accountable,” they said. “Until that day comes, we will continue to fight for complete justice and to be reunited with our grandchildren, Danny’s two young boys, whom we love and miss dearly.”

Dan Markel case: Family says justice 'partially served' with murder verdict and mistrial
Ugh to that last sentence. Wendi - you are a bad person.
I remember reading somewhere that one of the Markels has been ill as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew