Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
All very interesting, thank you.

Isn’t it also possible that he grew up in Delphi and maybe went to a larger city for college? Or maybe grew up in Delphi with a parent or parents who were from elsewhere? I know I lost most of my Midwestern accent in college.

Did you? Sometimes you never know, and I'm not trying to pick on you.

I thought I was playing off my Rochester dialect in SC, yet someone nailed where I'm from in an auto parts store, 5 states away.

Maybe BG was taught how to read by relatives, or isn't from Delphi but has had relatives there in the past? Therefore he would know the bridge and surrounding areas, somehow. Granted, I'm not pointing fingers at any one person or family, just a hunch.

LE have said BG has "ties" to Delphi. They've even said "local" far as a living situation is concerned. I don't think that necessarily means BG is from there or has permanently lived there.

JMO

-FD

To me it doesn't really matter if its a accent from early on or a developed later mixed sound.

I think it just gives rise to certain areas this person can be maybe associated with at some stage.

so say a suspect who may have ties to Delphi but has only frequented texas or California might give way to a suspect who has ties to Delphi and say Wisconsin or the greater lakes etc.

think dialect invaluable actually.

moo

Did you? Sometimes you never know, and I'm not trying to pick on you.

I thought I was playing off my Rochester dialect in SC, yet someone nailed where I'm from in an auto parts store, 5 states away.

Maybe BG was taught how to read by relatives, or isn't from Delphi but has had relatives there in the past? Therefore he would know the bridge and surrounding areas, somehow. Granted, I'm not pointing fingers at any one person or family, just a hunch.

LE have said BG has "ties" to Delphi. They've even said "local" far as a living situation is concerned. I don't think that necessarily means BG is from there or has permanently lived there.

JMO

-FD

First of all, thanks for your very well thought out input regarding accents and dialects etc. You have such keen insights! And in regards to one of your last comments about where BG may be from or lives... well I strongly feel like BG is not a true local at all. I don't think he lives in Delphi or even Carroll county probably either. I dont think he works there either. I do however think he spent some of childhood there. I'm of the opinion that hes in his 40s at youngest, or 50s. I think back in the 70s or 80s he used to spend time there visiting a relative . Possibly by a part time custodial parent or grandparent, or maybe just would stay with an aunt/uncle during the summer or vacations etc. I think he hung out at the trails and bridge as a kid, playing with a cousin perhaps. Then, that family either moved far away or died long ago and nobody really remembers they used to live there. Since he was only a part time visitor to the area so long ago, it would make sense how well he knows the area yet no one remembers him. Years pass he grows up and decides Delphi is the perfect spot to do what he does now. No one would recognize him now since the last time he was a "regular visitor", just some weird kid who spent many hours playing in those woods, the creek and bridge. That's why no one local seems to be able to recognize him yet he knows that bridge oh so well.

First of all, thanks for your very well thought out input regarding accents and dialects etc. You have such keen insights! And in regards to one of your last comments about where BG may be from or lives... well I strongly feel like BG is not a true local at all. I don't think he lives in Delphi or even Carroll county probably either. I dont think he works there either. I do however think he spent some of childhood there. I'm of the opinion that hes in his 40s at youngest, or 50s. I think back in the 70s or 80s he used to spend time there visiting a relative . Possibly by a part time custodial parent or grandparent, or maybe just would stay with an aunt/uncle during the summer or vacations etc. I think he hung out at the trails and bridge as a kid, playing with a cousin perhaps. Then, that family either moved far away or died long ago and nobody really remembers they used to live there. Since he was only a part time visitor to the area so long ago, it would make sense how well he knows the area yet no one remembers him. Years pass he grows up and decides Delphi is the perfect spot to do what he does now. No one would recognize him now since the last time he was a "regular visitor", just some weird kid who spent many hours playing in those woods, the creek and bridge. That's why no one local seems to be able to recognize him yet he knows that bridge oh so well.

Good thoughts.

To me it doesn't really matter if its a accent from early on or a developed later mixed sound.

I think it just gives rise to certain areas this person can be maybe associated with at some stage.

so say a suspect who may have ties to Delphi but has only frequented texas or California might give way to a suspect who has ties to Delphi and say Wisconsin or the greater lakes etc.

think dialect invaluable actually.

moo

I cant match your expertise on dialects at all. But the only thing I will say, is the way he says GUYS with that upward lilt , I believe is because at the same time he was saying that, he was revealing he had a gun, probably nodded down towards it ("Guyyyys", head nod to indicate the weapon, Go Down The Hill" )

I cant match your expertise on dialects at all. But the only thing I will say, is the way he says GUYS with that upward lilt , I believe is because at the same time he was saying that, he was revealing he had a gun, probably nodded down towards it ("Guyyyys", head nod to indicate the weapon, Go Down The Hill" )
bbm
anything is possible and it should be put on the table to chew over.:)
apologies if 'my opinion only' (moo) ramblings come across as know all.
quite the opposite actually!

moo

Maybe, we should ask locals, if RL or Me**s family (or ?) regularly had guests with caravans on their property (rental space) circa 17/18/19 years back from now, during school holidays in another state ...... Maybe, teenagers were there with their parents and explored the whole area one time or another.

Or even a cub scout who did little group projects in the woods [collecting different tree leaves, counting toads, frogs, finding different rocks, or just a group hike]. When my son was a cub scout they did many different group activities for fun. Things that are free and in the great outdoors are even better. Many different activities could have brought him to the woods around the bridge at any point in his life before he decided to take the lives of two innocent girls.

I had another thought. The LE comment saying BG may be older but may actually look younger than his age [or however they tried to explain their strange age comment]. I know of two people [different families] who did not have a gray hair on their heads until well over age 50 [I wish I could say the same]. My point is, in doing their DNA or Parabon or whatever they have been up to...they may be able to tell the general color of his hair but may also be able to tell based on the root [I think I read somewhere that the age of a person can be determined by the root of the hair somehow] that he is NOT a teen or twenty-something or even thirty-something person. He may not have gray hair BUT may be one of those people who is much older than his hair color would demonstrate at first glance. Something to consider. MOO.

Yes. We need to pay special attention to how LE carefully worded things.

When you work in a professional environment, you speak carefully. You use wiggle room. I told someone that we would not be considering their proposal on a contract at this time. The same day, I gave the contract to a competitor.

If they were like you, they'd assume that I would be considering them in the future. The reality is I simply use the most vague but accurate terms to make my point without being so direct as to have something used against me in the future.

In Carter's case, he's probably concerned with a future jury trial and a defense team arguing that the it was impossible to provide the accused with a fair trial because of statements made during the investigation.

That's a more difficult argument with statements like "is responsible for the death" than it would be were he to make statements like "murdered these two girls."

MOO I think a forensic linguist would be able to discern your general dialectical region.
Of course that would be from a larger sample of your speaking, but even with 5 words there might be a clue as to which side of the several area dialects BG was likely from or lived in.
My guess is the Northern Midland. Which I guess is also Lafayette, Logansport etc.

You give way too much credit to a fringe science.

There is no way that any linguist can identify a dialect between hundreds if not thousands of general small regions in the united states.

Particularly not with any degree of accuracy.

Two things I wonder.
1) Different situations might make a change in your tone? If you're having fun vs demanding something.
2) It won't tell you where they live, I suppose. You can have a whole lot of Spanish speaking people say in...NY

I agree, moo.

Having just listened to PC 22nd April 2019 once again. LE weren't trying to identify a vehicle. They were trying to identify the driver of a vehicle. Not the vehicle approx 1 min 34

Just a Nitpicking thought.
MingyMoo
Correct. I believe they know the vehicle and it's owner but need to know who was driving it. There must be some sort of question there but why? A person knows what vehicle they were driving and when. An owner knows if they loaned their car to someone and to whom. I haven't heard of a stolen vehicle in the area that day so why the question?

Last edited:
I wish LE had never released that one stupid word lol. It was literally the worst sample they could have chosen. It almost seems like they picked that sample to confuse people more.

Having just listened to PC 22nd April 2019 once again. LE weren't trying to identify a vehicle. They were trying to identify the driver of a vehicle. Not the vehicle approx 1 min 34

MingyMoo

Not nitpicking at all imo. Something many, including myself, have gotten mixed up about. Not a bad thing to put out there, with original source. Keeps us from going rabbit holes we dont need to go down imo.

When you work in a professional environment, you speak carefully. You use wiggle room. I told someone that we would not be considering their proposal on a contract at this time. The same day, I gave the contract to a competitor.

If they were like you, they'd assume that I would be considering them in the future. The reality is I simply use the most vague but accurate terms to make my point without being so direct as to have something used against me in the future.

In Carter's case, he's probably concerned with a future jury trial and a defense team arguing that the it was impossible to provide the accused with a fair trial because of statements made during the investigation.

That's a more difficult argument with statements like "is responsible for the death" than it would be were he to make statements like "murdered these two girls."

What a great post. I totally agree with you. From my perspective DC uses a lot of indirect analogies and is hoping the person/people/family/NOK it is aimed at will read between the lines and get the message.

Great Post
MingyMoo

I just went back and watched the February 2019 PC. It was 21 minutes long and consisted of about 10 minutes of the prosecutor talking about the number of tips, what makes a good tip, and about how hard everyone is working. The last 11 minutes were question/answer. Totally different vibe from the April PC.

IMO They got something between the February PC and the April PC. Based on the somewhat less vague description of BG (lowered age range, could look younger, from or connected to Delphi) and the somewhat specific request for info regarding the person associated with the vehicle at the CPS building between 12-5, I’d say someone came forward that they feel is credible and that person named someone. This is totally my opinion.

Link to the PC. The audio is pretty horrible.

Delphi Murders: Full Feb. 2019 press conference

MingyMoo

If he turns out older, 30 or 40 I Agree.

My opinion only:
I now think BG is a Patterson type, young, modern killer.

CSI savvy, left virtually no "footprint"... No DNA, no video for his approach or exit from the trail by door bell cams or gas stations etc., no cell movement-didnt take victims cell, a speedy athletic crime.

Instead of shooting up a school this assailant kills some girls on trail for power.
A First Person Killer.
And likely to known the girls at least as an aquaintance since it ups his high on betrayal of norms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88