GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Anyone know when and why CA sold his "practice" back to his dad HA? Just curious about the timing.

(this caught my attention during the wire tap call between CA and Ericka the dental assistant when the FBI was asking for records)

2. Did HA have brain cancer. I recall that being mentioned early on.

ETA: what is Ericka's position at the office? I put Dental Assistant as that is what she is called on the video caption from L&C

perhaps he sold the practice back in an attempt at asset protection?

This is an article from 2018 about the arrest of KM's SIL. And the hits just keep coming.....

Samantha Chez-Magbanua, who is married to Katherine Magbanua's brother, was arrested in March in South Florida on charges of embezzling $1.19 million from her employer. She faces charges of grand theft of over $100,000 after her arrest by the Plantation Police Department.

Embezzlement arrest of Magbanua's in-law being investigated for ties to Dan Markel case

Hmmm maybe I shouldn’t have been so eager to abandon my initial theory that KM is not cooperating because there are other ppl that could be implicated. For eg. if she flips on CA, could that open a Pandora’s box into other criminal activity including members of her family? Maybe CA was also involved in any other embezzling or fraud type activity with her/her family? That would be a good enough motive for not flipping. And perhaps explains why her family is going bankrupt footing the bill for her defense.

Just speculation obviously.

In the 2020 episode, the podcaster said he requested and received a huge amount of data about the case from the state of FL. Does anyone know if all that info has been released to the public?

I know this case is far from over, but I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone here.

As I was just reviewing all of the documents from this case that I have saved in the WS staff forum, I came across a post from 2017 about what a dream case this is for a moderator. Why? Because I have gotten to sleuth along with all of you. Y’all are some of the most respectful, intelligent, witty and caring people I’ve had the pleasure of sleuthing with...and this case has been playing out over YEARS. It’s truly been a pleasure and I couldn’t be more thrilled that y’all are in this one for the long haul.

Nice post Kay. You have done a fantastic job. I’m not going anywhere, been here from nearly the beginning. The Markels need total justice for their beloved, Dan.

OT:/ how come no one is following the Markeith Loyd trial?! It’s tumbleweeds in that thread. He’s going to testify! Lol.

How generous do you all think CA was with his prescription pad? A way to make some quick cash? Although I don't think money was a problem for the Adelson(s) but it is hard to come up with large chunks of untraceable CASH. We know he wrote some scripts for KM. I am sure that was thoroughly investigated...just makes me wonder.

Just gutted and really disappointed that there were no more arrests yesterday, especially after GC said she had presented all the evidence they had against everyone.
How long is it going to take to get justice for Dan?!

How generous do you all think CA was with his prescription pad? A way to make some quick cash? Although I don't think money was a problem for the Adelson(s) but it is hard to come up with large chunks of untraceable CASH. We know he wrote some scripts for KM. I am sure that was thoroughly investigated...just makes me wonder.
Those case bundles are suspicious. He had no issues ordering a hit on a single father so I definitely wouldn’t put him past other criminal activity.

In the 2020 episode, the podcaster said he requested and received a huge amount of data about the case from the state of FL. Does anyone know if all that info has been released to the public?
In a sense, the information is already "public" because Florida law makes the file available to anyone who submits a proper request. The problem is that vast amounts of the material are neither interesting or relevant and, thus, we have to rely upon the podcasting team to sift through it or, in the case of the trial, for the prosecution to present the most important portions. If you have the time and inclination to go through everything, you personally can submit public records requests and, after paying the modest fees for retrieval and duplication, you'll get the same files. I do wish more states would have as comprehensive open records laws as Florida.

Just gutted and really disappointed that there were no more arrests yesterday, especially after GC said she had presented all the evidence they had against everyone.
How long is it going to take to get justice for Dan?!
My guess is that both defense teams are assessing whether to try and cut a deal prior to Monday's sentencing. There very well may be discussions occurring between GC and their attorneys now. In any event, I think it would be prudent to at least wait until this sentencing and completion of the case management conference for KM to make the very public move of arresting CA or DA. If GC thinks there is any chance of KM or GC flipping she will want to have that to back up the arrest warrant.

I am still flummoxed by the State of Florida removing the death penalty from Katherine Magbanua’s case. What for?

KM is a proven apatetic animal able to blend with Latin Kings and their brothers, affluent prince and princess of Tamarac, FSU law faculty member, bottle girls, actor of $1.2 million embezzlement, expensive criminal defense lawyers etc. Could it be the case that the death penalty is not in her case because the State of Florida’s charge against her is objectively NOT that strong?

After the mistrial, prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said something to the effect of “we will do it better the next time.” I am confident there are some thinking supervisors at the State Attorneys’ office in Florida, able to promote Georgia Cappleman to some dignified upper echelon job; so that more skilled and hungry young guns step in to take over the Katherine Magbanua retrial, if applicable. Especially if Miami lawyers of the caliber of DeCoste and Markus are taking charge of the defense.

What incentive does SG have to cut a deal at this point? And give up all his appeal rights? The only negotiating point would be the DP and he’s unlikely to get that from this jury. There are too many other variables in this case and he’s the low hanging fruit. Not really sure why state wanted DP on him anyway.

The only hope of an indictment against the Adelsons is for KM to come to Jesus and flip!

My guess is that both defense teams are assessing whether to try and cut a deal prior to Monday's sentencing. There very well may be discussions occurring between GC and their attorneys now. In any event, I think it would be prudent to at least wait until this sentencing and completion of the case management conference for KM to make the very public move of arresting CA or DA. If GC thinks there is any chance of KM or GC flipping she will want to have that to back up the arrest warrant.

I want the Paul Harvey on why Rivera was requested to return to court yesterday by the judge. What did that have to do with? It was soon before the verdict was given and issued by the judge, not the result of a state motion or defense motion that I could see.

Last edited:
That makes sense. Thank you.
Obviously we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but it just seems so unfair that CA, at the very least, has had 3+ years of freedom since the Tally police issued that probable cause affidavit. He even had a child in the meantime!

I am still flummoxed by the State of Florida removing the death penalty from Katherine Magbanua’s case. What for?

KM is a proven apatetic animal able to blend with Latin Kings and their brothers, affluent prince and princess of Tamarac, FSU law faculty member, bottle girls, actor of $1.2 million embezzlement, expensive criminal defense lawyers etc. Could it be the case that the death penalty is not in her case because the State of Florida’s charge against her is objectively NOT that strong?

After the mistrial, prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said something to the effect of “we will do it better the next time.” I am confident there are some thinking supervisors at the State Attorneys’ office in Florida, able to promote Georgia Cappleman to some dignified upper echelon job; so that more skilled and hungry young guns step in to take over the Katherine Magbanua retrial, if applicable. Especially if Miami lawyers of the caliber of DeCoste and Markus are taking charge of the defense.
I’m not surprised they didn’t go for the death penalty for KM honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr