GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately though even if my co-conspirator is offering to pay for my defense, there’s no way I’m risking life in prison to protect them. No way! I seriously doubt KM is not cooperating so as to protect the Adelsons. It’s highly unlikely IMO.
BBM: Well I think because she was promised money by CA

CA could be secretly gifting large amounts of cash (stapled $100 stacks) directly to KM's family - facilitated and advised by and arranged through a web attorneys. KM's family would then have proof for Judge H showing the withdrawal of money from their own personal savings accounts for KM's defense. We've seen a lot of financial chicanery in this case! Do you really think this is that far fetched?! The State is limited in power and authority and scope to fully investigate this. GC had no choice but to file that conflict of interest motion because if GC hadn't and KM is convicted, ironically, KM could claim that her attorneys had a conflict of interest because they were paid by CA, and her conviction could be thrown out.

Last edited:
This judge doesn’t seem like the type to get fooled easily. I just feel like if he confirmed that the Adelsons aren’t paying for their legal fees it’s prob true, no?

Agreed, seems like a straight arrow. But, then again, he is human and money talks. But I think he is a good guy.

IMHO

I loathe her too. I am trying to recall one of the wiretaps phone calls I believe between KM and SG or his co-worker. I think when the FBI were knocking. It was something said regarding how she does not want the police in her house taking things or going through things. Does anyone remember what was exactly said? I will look for it but I know some of y'all have memories like steel traps. I thought it was odd like she had some evidence in the house.
Assuming you mean the jailhouse call?
The soundcloud of that conversation no longer seems to be available.
Iirc, it was a conversation where KM was complaining that the kids were driving her crazy, she spoke about her daughter wearing a green dress and it seemed to me that she/they were unusually concerned about what will happen (of all things!) to the living room set. SG said not to worry, family will help her with that. At the time i speculated that maybe there was something extra special about the furniture and the green dress.
She attempted to give him a phone number in code, ie.a school fee, but SG did not get it right away.
imo, speculation.
ETA
Here's What to Expect From the Dan Markel Murder Trial
September 23, 2019
"Several days after his May 2016 arrest for the murder of Dan Markel, Sigfredo Garcia made a jailhouse phone call to Kathy Magbanua, his former girlfriend and the mother of two of his children. He told her he would "be out soon and [would] either file a lawsuit or 'get the hell out of Dodge' and leave everything behind them," according to an FBI transcript of the call."
"Also expected to testify is Jessica Rodriguez, the mother of one of Rivera's children. Shortly after Garcia's arrest, she texted Magbanua in an angry frenzy, according to a transcript of an FBI wiretap of Magbanua's phone.

"The reason your husband is in jail becouse of you n charlie," Rodriguez texted. "Like everyone doesnt know that [sic]."
rbbm.

Last edited:
Possible. But the Adelsons would’ve been well advised to stay far away from KM/SG/LR once they were arrested. Any future money transactions would only be used against them. It would be suicide for them to communicate/offer anything to the 3.

IMO - I would not be surprised if all of these "friendly" attorneys facilitate communication (pass messages) (and possibly financial transactions) between all of the alleged co-conspirators under the guise of attorney-client privilege.

Iirc, it was a conversation where KM was complaining that the kids were driving her crazy, she spoke about her daughter wearing a green dress and it seemed to me that she/they were unusually concerned about what will happen (of all things!) to the living room set. SG said not to worry, family will help her with that. At the time i speculated that maybe there was something extra special about the furniture and the green dress.
She attempted to give him a phone number in code, ie.a school fee, but SG did not get it right away.
imo, speculation.

That is interesting too. I looked earlier for that call when it was mentioned in the thread. I would love to hear it. Green as in money? hmmm. We know she is more skilled in "code" talk than SG.

The one I am trying to recall is a wiretap played at trial. I believe it was when the FBI was knocking on her door and she is cowering inside. She seems very concerned about them coming into the house more so than if she is going to be arrested....but my memory may be clouded. I listened to most of the trial late at night.

Random thinking again, and this time about Wendi and the fact that there have only been a few emails released where she is communicating with DA. There are no emails between CA and WA - nor any wire tappped convos that we’ve heard WA speaking. I honestly can’t fathom how this crime was committed without her previous knowledge of it. She had to have given CA, DA and possibly KM some information prior to the crime. When she was on the stand - she blatantly lied —- so many times I thought she was going to go up enfuego. Her nose visibly grew a good 2 inches during that hour on the stand. I’m convinced she was in on the hit, but where is the evidence? Is there any evidence? I want her to go down with the rest of the Adelsons, but I honestly don’t think she will ever be arrested.

I guess I have a hard time imagining myself in KM’s position and taking that risk even if I were offered a ton of money. How much could they possibly offer her to risk life in prison? I mean she is this close to getting a conviction. Even if they paid for her defense and offered her 5 mil for her silence. Risking LIFE IN PRISON???

But maybe I’m giving her too much credit! That is insane to me. Especially after spending 3 years in jail and getting a taste of confinement. Is she that money hungry?

imo, speculation.
ETA
Here's What to Expect From the Dan Markel Murder Trial
September 23, 2019
"Several days after his May 2016 arrest for the murder of Dan Markel, Sigfredo Garcia made a jailhouse phone call to Kathy Magbanua, his former girlfriend and the mother of two of his children. He told her he would "be out soon and [would] either file a lawsuit or 'get the hell out of Dodge' and leave everything behind them," according to an FBI transcript of the call."
"Also expected to testify is Jessica Rodriguez, the mother of one of Rivera's children. Shortly after Garcia's arrest, she texted Magbanua in an angry frenzy, according to a transcript of an FBI wiretap of Magbanua's phone.

"The reason your husband is in jail becouse of you n charlie," Rodriguez texted. "Like everyone doesnt know that [sic]."
rbbm.
I was surprised Jessica wasn’t called as a witness!

I guess I have a hard time imagining myself in KM’s position and taking that risk even if I were offered a ton of money. How much could they possibly offer her to risk life in prison? I mean she is this close to getting a conviction. Even if they paid for her defense and offered her 5 mil for her silence. Risking LIFE IN PRISON???

But maybe I’m giving her too much credit! That is insane to me. Especially after spending 3 years in jail and getting a taste of confinement. Is she that money hungry?
I don’t think it’s money. I think it’s her ego and thinking she can beat the system.

Yes, it's highly ethical to allow and possibly convince your obviously very guilty client decline a complete immunity deal when facing a first degree murder charge!
I have no idea what the client wanted or thought or what the lawyer advised. JMO.

Yes, it's highly ethical to allow and possibly convince your obviously very guilty client to decline a complete immunity deal when facing a first degree murder charge!
Do we know when the state offered her an immunity deal?

I was watching an interview GC did after the trial the other day and she said the state doesn’t reach out and offer deals to defendants who are represented by council. It’s the other way around. The defendant and his/her attorneys must reach out to the state. Did KM’s attorneys reach out? Confused on this one.

Random thinking again, and this time about Wendi and the fact that there have only been a few emails released where she is communicating with DA. There are no emails between CA and WA - nor any wire tappped convos that we’ve heard WA speaking. I honestly can’t fathom how this crime was committed without her previous knowledge of it. She had to have given CA, DA and possibly KM some information prior to the crime. When she was on the stand - she blatantly lied —- so many times I thought she was going to go up enfuego. Her nose visibly grew a good 2 inches during that hour on the stand. I’m convinced she was in on the hit, but where is the evidence? Is there any evidence? I want her to go down with the rest of the Adelsons, but I honestly don’t think she will ever be arrested.

IMO, yes, WA had to have told the hit men, details of Dan’s schedule and routine. NO ONE else would have known!

My ears also prickled when the IRS was brought up. What shady dealings have they done business wise for that to be brought up immediately by CA to DA on one of the first wiretap calls after the bump. I mean they know what they have done. COMMITTED MURDER that would be my first concern....or is that code for FBI? I wonder if they are being audited. Wonder if the "government" lol would/could make a case for some type of money laundering, tax evasion.....just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa