DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m also feeling very good for others beside New Britain Jane Doe, like Harper Jane Doe and Marion County, Montana John Doe. They have some pretty cool matches.

The one I am most excited about is Pillar Point John Doe. He has a few good matches, but they’re all under 50 Centimorgans.
lol I guess I called it! If you haven’t seen it yet, Pillar Point Doe has been IDENTIFIED. They’re still making the official confirmation. Great work, DDP! I’m very excited for this one as it is a really great step for the Trans Community. Much love.

DDP also updated the Google Drive today. Kern County Jane Doe has another match over 30 Centimorgans, which is great and New Britain Jane Doe has 6 more.

I’d have to say the Doe (at least of the ones on the sheet) that has the worst matches is Mecklenburg Jane Doe from 2011. Her closest match is 17.3 centimorgans....and the Doe with the least amount of matches in general is Portland Jane Doe. I’m guessing the Asian community on GEDMatch isn’t highly represented.

That’s wonderful news about Pillar Point!!! She’s one I’ve been especially eager to see get her name back as well!! Huge round of applause for the DDP!!

Three of their cases are now in the bioinformatics stage: Lime Lady, Lee County John Doe and Rockledge Jane Doe.
Awesome! Lime Lady was difficult with sequencing if I’m remembering correctly. I’m extremely excited about hers and Rockledge Jane Doe’s case!

Rockledge Jane Doe and Lee County John Doe are in the GEDMatch system! One step closer.
Splendid! I wonder what's the hold-up with the Houston John Doe, poor lad has been listed as ''awaiting extraction'' for quite some time.

Splendid! I wonder what's the hold-up with the Houston John Doe, poor lad has been listed as ''awaiting extraction'' for quite some time.
I know! I hope there's nothing bad going on. He's not even on DDP's website! Must still be in the works or something. That's a case I'm really excited about. I hope they'll take the six Gacy John Does soon.

I know! I hope there's nothing bad going on. He's not even on DDP's website! Must still be in the works or something. That's a case I'm really excited about. I hope they'll take the six Gacy John Does soon.
The Cook County sheriff and lead investigator on the Doe case are very eager and determined to solve the case to its fullest extent. A side effect of that is that they've managed to solve even some other cold cases. There is a short documentary mini series regarding their two success stories in regards to Gacy's victims. I really do hope they end up with these six Does on their pending case list.

The Cook County sheriff and lead investigator on the Doe case are very eager and determined to solve the case to its fullest extent. A side effect of that is that they've managed to solve even some other cold cases. There is a short documentary mini series regarding their two success stories in regards to Gacy's victims. I really do hope they end up with these six Does on their pending case list.
Yeah, they’ve solved more cases unrelated to Gacy than they have that are related.

Rockledge Jane Doe and Lee County John Doe are in the GEDMatch system! One step closer.
I wonder what the naming convention is when they upload cases. I see a lot of weird names or codes on my GEDmatch list. There’s is nearly 4,000 matches and they’re all under 61 cMs unfortunately.

I wonder what the naming convention is when they upload cases. I see a lot of weird names or codes on my GEDmatch list. There’s is nearly 4,000 matches and they’re all under 61 cMs unfortunately.
Hmmm. That’s strange. I think all of the Does are private so we can’t see them. I have a ton of matches over 30 cm but my highest is 130 cm.

There is a considerable update to their spreadsheet. They removed the solved cases. Portland Jane Doe (of Maine) now has one close match (32.4 centiMorgans). The case of the Twinsburg John Doe is a new addition. He also has one close match (68 centiMorgans).

There is a considerable update to their spreadsheet. They removed the solved cases. Portland Jane Doe (of Maine) now has one close match (32.4 centiMorgans). The case of the Twinsburg John Doe is a new addition. He also has one close match (68 centiMorgans).
That is amazing! Portland Jane Doe is going to be hard to solve since Asian DNA is so underrepresented in the system. I'm VERY excited about Twinsburg John Doe. His reconstruction is very handsome. I hope he'll be identified soon....68 cm is a pretty good match and they've done work with less matches before!

I just saw a Facebook notification that 1997 “Butler County John Doe” has moved on to the research phase! :D He’s one I’ve followed closely!

The DDP has been extra busy!! :applause:

I am strongly under the impression that they have a tentative identification regarding one of their Jane Doe cases.
The DNA DOE Project - Our First Two Years of Success - ISHI News
This article dated 24 September 2019 talks about the second anniversary of the project and includes a presentation detailing various active and solved cases. There is a slide with the title ''Another Database Challenge & Success Story''. The database challenge story depicted is Kern County Jane Doe but the success story is concealed and is yet to be announced but they do mention that it was solved in 10 days apparently.

I am strongly under the impression that they have a tentative identification regarding one of their Jane Doe cases.
The DNA DOE Project - Our First Two Years of Success - ISHI News
This article dated 24 September 2019 talks about the second anniversary of the project and includes a presentation detailing various active and solved cases. There is a slide with the title ''Another Database Challenge & Success Story''. The database challenge story depicted is Kern County Jane Doe but the success story is concealed and is yet to be announced but they do mention that it was solved in 10 days apparently.
Could it be the Philadelphia Jane Doe?? IIRC, she wasn’t on the site long before an identification was made! Possibly her or it could be Pillar Point?

IDK! Seems like so much has progressed lately it’s almost hard to keep up :D

ETA: well, yah, that happens more often than not - me commenting on an article before I read it! :facepalm: Disregard most everything I said! ;) Thank you for sharing the article! It’s quite interesting! Now I’ll be anxious to know who the new Jane Doe is!

Last edited:
Could it be the Philadelphia Jane Doe?? IIRC, she wasn’t on the site long before an identification was made! Possibly her or it could be Pillar Point?

IDK! Seems like so much has progressed lately it’s almost hard to keep up :D

ETA: well, yah, that happens more often than not - me commenting on an article before I read it! :facepalm: Disregard most everything I said! ;) Thank you for sharing the article! It’s quite interesting! Now I’ll be anxious to know who the new Jane Doe is!
I don’t think they’re talking about Kern County.....not Pillar Point either. It has to be Marion County, KS Jane or Rockledge. Probably Marion.

I don’t think they’re talking about Kern County.....not Pillar Point either. It has to be Marion County, KS Jane or Rockledge. Probably Marion.
My guess would be Phoenix Jane Doe from 2004. The Facebook announcement for her case being active was posted on the 15th of September, but it isn't unreasonable to assume her kit had been uploaded a day or so earlier. It is quite possible that they managed to hit a lucky case and solve it just in time to allude to it in a presentation before a conference of other people in this profession. Rockledge Jane Doe was updated as an active case on their Facebook list just the other day, and Marion County Kansas Jane Doe Was in the bioinformatics stage around the time of the conference I believe.

My guess would be Phoenix Jane Doe from 2004. The Facebook announcement for her case being active was posted on the 15th of September, but it isn't unreasonable to assume her kit had been uploaded a day or so earlier. It is quite possible that they managed to hit a lucky case and solve it just in time to allude to it in a presentation before a conference of other people in this profession. Rockledge Jane Doe was updated as an active case on their Facebook list just the other day, and Marion County Kansas Jane Doe Was in the bioinformatics stage around the time of the conference I believe.
You’re right! That’s probably it. Does anyone know who escaped from prison?? It said that was one of their Does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88