UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am waiting to hear his reason for being out of the house that night, as per his child’s testimony...he seem to be sticking with the story of
went to bed at 11pm ,got up at 7 am

Yes, the tricky ones are yet to come. Plus crossexamination

Cleaning car...no-one in house when kid woke up...phones missing...cctv near river....wet bed...

BL certainly had a complicated Spade life.

Thanks Legally B for the updates.

I think its an interesting start to defence. Amazingly, the points that the Prosecution made and were addressed Today all have a perfectly straight forward explaination.

Also a very clever, if its not true, tactic of acknowledging all SW's relationships/dates etc but appearing to be fine and supportive of them. Even being like a friend and chatting about problems in relationships etc.

Thus similtaneously drawing attention to them (inc ,from very early in the defence, the marriage/relationship history that predated BL, right up to last year) and yet he had no problem with it ( yet the kids asked if Mum was a sxxg!!!)

Agreed. He certainly likes painting himself as supportive of all she does with other men.
I nearly threw up at the whole "a home is nothing without the family in it" (not quoted properly i know)

Complicated spade life....lol.
I mean who goes around buying/babysitting spades for people so much! He would give alan bloody titchmarch a run for his money by the sounds of it. Spade enthusiast my *advertiser censored*

Amazes me how his mother seems to be there at all the appropriate times aswell.
Its like he is a kid in trouble whos mom thinks the sun shines outta his *advertiser censored* saying "no i didnt did i mom, tell them"
" you heard that aswell didnt u mom?"
Weird

Last edited:
I may be reading something into this that isn't there, but I think he could have explained arguments Between SW and ML without bringing up his father's sexual assault allegations. (If it's even true.)

It seems like an effort to show the jury he's being honest and open.

I may be reading something into this that isn't there, but I think he could have explained arguments Between SW and ML without bringing up his father's sexual assault allegations. (If it's even true.)

Interesting point. It was unnecessary. What is that theory about serial liars, they always introduce an element of truth to their tales? That might be the only true bit of his story!

Dear Dolly Parton! Please don't let the police ever need to search my google history!

But ... BBM

"But be warned, you can be waterboarded on a table, on the ground, upside down — in short, nearly any position. The tools of waterboarding are all around, and readily accessible. All that’s needed is water and a t-shirt"

How to Prepare Yourself For Waterboarding Torture

Wouldn't SW have made a noise though, if she was water boarded?

Not sure he is clever enough to think of that, it's quite sophisticated... but who knows? Only him.

I hear you on this but i was shocked to hear today how many things he had turned his hand too!
Pilot to taxi driver just makes u think.....why?
Maybe we assume he is not that clever but at the end of the day we still have no body and no d.n.a (to date that i have heard) i dont know.....today made me think he is more clued up than i first assumed IMO

I hear you on this but i was shocked to hear today how many things he had turned his hand too!
Maybe we assume he is not that clever but at the end of the day we still have no body and no d.n.a (to date that i have heard) i dont know.....today made me think he is more clued up than i first assumed IMO

Me too! He has come across in the media here as a taxi driver who plays with Nerf Guns ... I wasn't crediting him with much at all but now hearing his testimony on past careers ... i don't think he's as simple as we've made to believe.

Though he is definitely a huge Mummies boy!

This is a good point. I suppose l assumed he must be stupid because it's obvious that he did it.

But there's a big difference between knowing something and being able to prove it. He might not give a damn what it looks like, as long as there's no physical evidence to tie him to it.

My mum was listening with me

ML certainly seems to be around whenever needed, to view Whatsapp chats or listen in to conversations
Just catching up, but interesting that we heard no reporting on the mother's testimony, so can't tell if this was brought up for her to verify or not. I wonder why no reporting on her?

October 9
I probably drove into car park 1, saw that it was busy, saw that there was a space next to the house knowing Sarah would be coming home later and drove out to park in car park 2 to leave a space for Sarah.
“That was probably the reason why I parked in car park 2.”

Is this also the reason why he parked in CP2 on other days ?

Plus, I don't see how him parking in CP2 would automatically guarantee the space in CP1 would be left free for SW. Anyone else could have come along and parked there surely ?
Not to mention, as *if* he would be considering how to make things simpler for S's life. This is just not believable.

I also tend to agree.

Although I do get a sense of big underachievement? A potential not realised.

On the surface he reminds me of an ex neighbour. Family owned a guesthouse, the adult Son well schooled but had a sense of apathy and entitlement, not wealthy but just did enough to live without effort. Halfhearted attempts at this career or that career. Bit of a bellend! Ultimately settling for apathetic mediocrity.

BL remember must have been what,25yr old, when first met SW? Young, living in Spain, Pilot material. Instant Father. The future must have seemed promising to all of them.

He chose or accepted the different route for himself ( albeit a Dad and Family man and Taxi driving to provide is a worthy path,obviously)

Wonder if ultimately resented the lost opportunities? Throwing his lot into that path, only for it all to fold. Being Cuckolded must have lit some fires? It has been doing reportedly for 400yrs plus!! Finally the real possibility of losing house and kids maybe was just too much.

( not a fav neighbour as you can prob tell)

Eta SP

Last edited:
The court hears from Lacomba about how Wellgreen moved back in to 22 Bazes Shaw in May 2018 following their discussion.

Interesting that this was arranged between SW and BL, but NJ seems to have had no warning whatsoever re the plans.
Yes, that *is* interesting. For her to have 'snuck' the kids out of school and just taken off like that for Neil to find out from the school.. wow. Wonder if she had perhaps broached the subject with him before, but he just got peeved at her, and she therefore felt she couldn't have a reasonable conversation about it with him. It seems he was also peeved at her when she told him on Oct 9th that she had shared her new job offer with BL. Not that there's really anything wrong with that, since it kind of depends on how close the two were, as to what kind of opinions he felt able to express to her about stuff like that. imo

Or just making more gab to distract from what he should *really* be talking about.

This is a good point. I suppose l assumed he must be stupid because it's obvious that he did it.

But there's a big difference between knowing something and being able to prove it. He might not give a damn what it looks like, as long as there's no physical evidence to tie him to it.
At the end of the day however, a jury doesn't need physical evidence, and can convict on circumstantial evidence, and that is out of his hands, so he *should* in fact care. Another case I followed, it seemed the accused was deluding himself that because there was no absolute proof, he somehow couldn't be convicted. But he was. Our juries here in Canada (unlike in the USA) do not and cannot ever speak of what happens in the jury room, why they voted one way or another, what it was that 'proved' it beyond a reasonable doubt for them, etc. How does that park work over there?

At the end of the day however, a jury doesn't need physical evidence, and can convict on circumstantial evidence, and that is out of his hands, so he *should* in fact care. Another case I followed, it seemed the accused was deluding himself that because there was no absolute proof, he somehow couldn't be convicted. But he was. Our juries here in Canada (unlike in the USA) do not and cannot ever speak of what happens in the jury room, why they voted one way or another, what it was that 'proved' it beyond a reasonable doubt for them, etc. How does that park work over there?

Jury members can discuss what happens in the court, only after the trial has finished, but they cannot speak of the private deliberations of the jury.

Jury members can discuss what happens in the court, only after the trial has finished, but they cannot speak of the private deliberations of the jury.
It's not really socially acceptable though, I can't think of any jurors speaking out after a trial in the uk. It's safer to just say nothing about it ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708