TX - Atatiana Jefferson, 28, fatally shot at home, Fort Worth, Oct 2019 *officer charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in the future, if I need to check on someone where I can't do so myself, I'll send them a Dominoes Pizza with a nice tip for the pizza guy to convey my message of concern and report back to me.

I'm not kidding.

Domino Pizza’s staff save regular customer’s life after he failed to place an order | Daily Mail Online

Good idea. These employees at Domino's pizza worried about a customer who normally ordered pizza every day or so. They checked up on him, and saved his life. Order pizza. Check.

I think that the color of the victim plays little role in an affluent neighborhood with low crime rate. In a poor neighborhood it might play a role, but a white person living in a poor neighborhood has a higher chance to be killed by the police as well.

The neighborhood itself plays a role. The time of the day plays the role. Mostly, the fear plays the role.

@Artis , did you say that in the 70es it did not happen?
Here is an interesting fact. When I Googled “gun ownership by year”, I thought the trend would be up, not down. Here is what I got.

Technically speaking, America is very armed, but disarming. What has changed then that made fear so prevalent?
24-hour news cycle, with news emphasis on fear.

edit to add: see “Bowling for Columbine”

Deleted my post. I'll have to review the facts and post again later when I have them straight! If you could kindly delete my quote, I'd appreciate it!

No problem, I deleted your post.

Here is an article that includes audio of the neighbor's call to the police, the Body Cam footage, the bedroom window in the daytime with the bullet hole, interview with neighbor, 2 YouTube videos of Atatiana, and social media posts about her.

Atatiana Jefferson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
Regarding where you addressed me:

That should be it's own thread and this forum isn't the place for it. A few things, though:

Social engineering to cause deliberate fracturing through multiculturalism instead of E Pluribus Unum, reinforced through all forms of media

The infiltration of Marxism and the tactical agitation that goes with it

The creation of a permanent underclass through the creation of a welfare/nanny state that actually required the destruction of black families (fathers cannot live in the home)

Socially engineered mass immigration (rather than a more organic variety)

Identity politics (more fracturing for divide and conquer)

A complete loss of spiritual foundation with a resulting moral decay

A population ignorant of history

Drugs

Globalization

The further back you go in American history, the more common it was to own firearms yet it wasn't a problem, other than in hard core inner cities. Yet, it was far more civil with a higher degree of trust.

Big topic.

Big indeed. Not for this forum. But to a degree, the same is happening in every first world country.

Last edited:
I don’t think race played a part in this crime but it’s a easy way to stir up the masses so it’s used.

this boils down to a absolute moronic cop who should never of been in the police force by the sounds of it. I hope he gets locked up for a long time as he has ruined multiple life’s here. The 8 year old child will never be able to forget this and all because she was in her own home playing video games with her nephew.

It’s another case that shows you guys are too trigger happy and something needs to be done to protect innocent people. This is the 21st century how is this acceptable to any law abiding citizen that you can now be shot in your home when doing nothing wrong?!!

This link allows you to search statistics for Tay's neighborhood (Hillside) in Fort Worth, TX. The screen shot here shows the percentage of white population. The red box shows the Hillside neighborhood. http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Hillside-Morningside-Fort-Worth-TX.html

This is how the officer's biases may have STRONGLY come into play. Regardless of who was at the home, LE knew certain information the moment they got the address.

JMO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.08.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.08.17 AM.png
    504.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Link contains step by step:
Snip: That’s at 2:32:24, 42 seconds since he checked the front door.

And he has yet to identify himself as police.

At 2:32:48 seconds, the officer opens the gate and walks into the backyard.

You see the air-conditioner unit at the back of the house.

Just eight seconds later, you see the officer walk to the window at the back of the house.

Jefferson is standing on the other side of that window.

You hear the officer yell, “Put your hands up! Let me see your hands.”

He immediately fires the single shot through the window – killing Jefferson.
Body camera reenactment shows Fort Worth officer's path to Atatiana Jefferson's window
Chilling. I wish this re-enactment also showed the placement of the other officers on the scene. There is a split sec. on the body cam video where you can see another officer also in the dark in the backyard.
I really wish at one of these press conferences someone would give an explanation as to how and why all these officers responded to this non emergency call the way they did. There was a major communication break down somewhere.

Murder and I expect this guy to be convicted with no problem.

Just looking at the video without opening it, I see miniblinds at most half open. It's night, the lights in the room are on; how can anyone maintain that she was able to see ANYTHING out that window???? Maybe she was trying to peek out the window. Like any normal, non-threatening person would do.

:(

What's with the attitude about this man getting legal representation?

I get that people are angry and want to get their pound of flesh out of this guy, but EVERYONE is constitutionally entitled to legal representation, no matter what the accusation.

If the police union is going to provide him representation based on him paying dues, so be it. Better, in fact, that the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill.

There is a 400+ page protocols and procedures available online form FT Worth PD that I have not yet had a chance to review.
But does anyone know of a scenario where police would be expected to arrive on scene quietly, hidden, away from view, and unannounced? Is this a typical response if they thought they were responding to a home burglary in progress? I guess I just always thought that police responded to all crime calls with lights flashing and sirens on and their presence known.

Better, in fact, that the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill.

I agree with this 100%.

I would venture to guess the distaste is more from a sense of police protecting police no matter how egregious the behavior. I understand the point of paying dues into a union like this is to have access to legal representation, but it just feels gross, even though I absolutely agree everyone deserves competent legal representation no matter the accusation.

This link allows you to search statistics for Tay's neighborhood (Hillside) in Fort Worth, TX. The screen shot here shows the percentage of white population. The red box shows the Hillside neighborhood. http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Hillside-Morningside-Fort-Worth-TX.html

This is how the officer's biases may have STRONGLY come into play. Regardless of who was at the home, LE knew certain information the moment they got the address.

JMO

I'd rather see the crime stats.

Is Dean is out on bond?
Aaron Dean, who is white, was arrested Monday evening and freed hours later on $200,000 bond
Is Dean is out on bond?
Family members expressed shock and sadness over the shooting. Lapaca Jefferson, 57, was in Houston attending an anti-violence meetup over the weekend when he received news that his niece had been killed by a police officer in her own home.

“The Jefferson family’s dreams have been shattered,” he said. “It’s a great shock.”
Fort Worth officer Aaron Dean free on bond after fatal shooting of Atatiana Jefferson in her home

Aaron Dean, who is white, was arrested Monday evening and freed hours later on $200,000 bond
Family members expressed shock and sadness over the shooting. Lapaca Jefferson, 57, was in Houston attending an anti-violence meetup over the weekend when he received news that his niece had been killed by a police officer in her own home.
“The Jefferson family’s dreams have been shattered,” he said. “It’s a great shock.”
Fort Worth officer Aaron Dean free on bond after fatal shooting of Atatiana Jefferson in her home

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member