GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the defense is making a good point that throughout the trial the State was trying to say how much control Katie had over SG and now they are saying she didn't....when she clearly did. The defense just admitted that they wanted to "go after" KM during the trial but SG wanted to protect her.

I think life is the appropriate sentence here, although there would be more wiggle room with death.

I realize that the DP is being used as leverage, but I would also be surprised if the Markel family supported the DP. Maybe I'm obviously speculating here but they are....Canadian, Jewish, justice-oriented, the parents of a criminal justice expert....all things that would lean against support of DP.

Bulliet seems too "blasphemous" to me.....too much aligned with Wendi's celebration of murder. I couldn't ever buy or drink that knowing it was used to celebrate Dan's murder.

I propose:

For Wendi's arrest: Fallen Angel Vodka
For Charlie's arrest: Bitter Truth Liqueur
For Donna's arrest: Karma Tequila

For watching all their perp walks: World's End Liqueur
After all 3 are convicted: Victory Vodka

I have reserved this fine Bourbon for when they send Wendi up the river

Devil's River Small Batch Texas Bourbon
Devil rivers bourbon has earned five gold medals including best bourbons years and younger at the los Angeles international spirits competition

Size: 750ML

Proof: 90 (45% ABV)

Origin: United States

Distillery: Devil's River

Dbm

ETA, I thought he said death????

I relistened, and step 2 said death, then step 3 said aggravating was not greater than mitigating. But he never said life without parole so sorry about that guys.

Last edited:
The jury only completed the aggravating and mitigating factors form and found the state proved 3 out of 4 aggravating factors, so I think now it goes to the judge for formal sentence, which I think has to be life, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken