Identified! Germany - Leipzig, Aug 6th 2019 - Unknown Male died in Hospital, *possibly English speaking* - n/a

andrea

Reaction score
I thought I would bring this here because it seems he was not from Germany. Hope I am doing it right!

German Police is looking for clues for the identity of an unknown man who died on August 6th.

Polizei Sachsen - Polizei Sachsen - Unbekannter Toter in Leipzig (with Photo of the deceased man)

https://polizei.sachsen.de/de/dokumente/Landesportal/AbbildungenXBekleidungXdesXunbekanntenX.pdf (Pdf with description and more photos, also of his clothing and tattoo)

- probably 30-40 years old
- weight 82 kg
- height 176 cm
- slim and sportive body type
- neat appearance
- short brown hair with balding top
- short beard
- brown eyes
- Tattoo at the left forearm with 3 Asian characters

Translation:
"On Friday, 2. August 2019, a passerby found the helpless unknown man around 1900 hours at the Location of Theaterpassage am Augustusplatz near „Kroch-Hochhaus“.

The unknown man had a seizure and was barely responsive. The passerby called an ambulance which brought the unknown man to a hospital.

He died on August 6 2019.

He died of multi organ failure, there are no suspicions of anything criminal happening.

The man did not have any ID or anything else with him to identify him. He was not conscious during his stay in the hospital.

Unconfirmed reports say that the man said a few words in English before losing consciousness.

His clothing and appearance don't look like it was a homeless man. "

Does anyone recognize those clothing brands? Only LaCoste is familiar to me, & I'm in the US.

Are those brands available in the UK, Australia/NZ, Canada, or English speaking parts of Africa?

Does anyone recognize those clothing brands? Only LaCoste is familiar to me, & I'm in the US.

Are those brands available in the UK, Australia/NZ, Canada, or English speaking parts of Africa?

I started looking at that yesterday before work got in the way...

First, one thing I forgot in the translation: The clothes were in good condition, the damage seen in the pictures comes from emergency services cutting them to help the man.

Here is what I found for the brands:

"Bershka" (the vest) is a spanish company, but has shops all over Europe and US. Also available online.
"Quechua " (the trousers) are available in trekking and outdoor shops, but also very present online (amazon, zalando etc)
"New sensation" (the jumper) is also readily available online, not so much in actual stores, but there are some.
"Base London" (the shoes) are available in many European store chains and also online.

So, not much help there. Looking at the prices for those companies, the items seem to be middle tier - not too cheap, not too expensive.

One thing I wonder is why he had a long armed jumper and the warm looking vest. Weather on August 2nd in Leipzig was sunny with 27 degrees Celsius (that's around 80 in Fahrenheit, if google calculated right). Even the night temperatures were not below 17°C (62 F).

Someone on twitter said that he looks similar to Edward Dallas, missing since 2010. But I think the eyebrows do not match, and 9 years is a very long time.

I think Edward's nose is much narrower too.

One thing I wonder is why he had a long armed jumper and the warm looking vest. Weather on August 2nd in Leipzig was sunny with 27 degrees Celsius (that's around

Maybe he lives or lived previously in a very warm climate. Anything going towards 20 C would then already be considered "fresh". At 7 pm when he was found it must have been around 21-22 degrees?

Does he have olive colored skin? He doesn't have the pale North European look. Could he be from the Middle East, or India/Pakistan region? English is one of the national languages of India.

Moo.

Now I'm wondering what brought on his seizure followed by multiple organ failure? A stroke?

Also odd that he had nothing on him. No bank cards, keys, bus pass/train or flight tickets, no id .... In Germany you have to carry id at all times. Maybe he didn't know because he was just visiting. But where are his belongings? If he rented a room, maybe he paid advance for a few months?

Why is nobody missing him?

The man did not have any ID or anything else with him to identify him. He was not conscious during his stay in the hospital.

Unconfirmed reports say that the man said a few words in English before losing consciousness.

His clothing and appearance don't look like it was a homeless man.
His last words may have been important.

He could be from far north of Afghanistan or Syria/Iran/Iraq, but most likely someone with one Caucasian parent and another parent from those areas.

He may have been an asylum seeker, coming into Leipzig from Polish or Czech border.

Now I'm wondering what brought on his seizure followed by multiple organ failure? A stroke?

Also odd that he had nothing on him. No bank cards, keys, bus pass/train or flight tickets, no id .... In Germany you have to carry id at all times. Maybe he didn't know because he was just visiting. But where are his belongings? If he rented a room, maybe he paid advance for a few months?

Why is nobody missing him?

IMHO someone emptied his pockets....

IMHO someone emptied his pockets....

Right, I can imagine a thief but maybe not going through pockets but taking his bag/backpack? Going through someone's pockets is a bit more risky in public and daylight as it would take some time.

If someone did something so despicable I hope they do the right thing now and turn themselves in, or at least send this poor man's belongings to LE.

Any updates on this unidentified person? I am asking because Leipzig is close to Halle, where the synagogue was atttacked.

Unfortunately, absolutely nothing. No news articles, no updates from police. :(
The probability of him being a failed asylum seeker has increased, in my opinion. His seizure symptoms and organ failures could be from something toxic given to him, perhaps in a nearby pub.

I hope police did toxicology during autopsy.

The probability of him being a failed asylum seeker has increased, in my opinion. His seizure symptoms and organ failures could be from something toxic given to him, perhaps in a nearby pub.

I'm not sure that an asylum seeker would have that specific tattoo. The fake 'Asian' character alphabet is so, so North American. My guess is that this is a tourist who had his passport stolen at some point.

While he could be an asylum seeker, I really don't think we have any information pointing in that direction right now.

His face doesn't look oriental to me, neither in a middle eastern nor in an Afghani / Irani way.

Multi Organ Failure is the end of many serious medical problems. For instance I just watched a documentary about sepsis patients - they often have wildly varying symptoms with a fever and different pains, but nothing you would go to the hospital for - often until it's too late.

Also had an aquaintance die of multi organ failure after a simple bladder infection that went untreated, simply because the symptoms did not seem life threatening in any way - until it was too late.

And there are many more reasons that might seem not so dangerous until the very last stage.

As for the missing ID - It could be that he was already running a high fever and just left his bag or backpack somewhere because his mind was confused, or it could be that someone took it. We just don't know.

It's frustrating that there is not more info.

I'm not sure that an asylum seeker would have that specific tattoo. The fake 'Asian' character alphabet is so, so North American. My guess is that this is a tourist who had his passport stolen at some point.

I think the tattoo is the best chance of finding out who he is. If it really spells Edward (Eduard in the German Version) , Edward is either his name, a child's name or a loved one's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back