Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
File # 92-335 Case # 9726629 (Open) Victim: Heidi Nicole Preston
1980's

This case really bothers me and I suspect its related just like Shannon McCaughney which would make the older generation of the T's responsible

The Horry County Police Department responded to a female being located in the Waccamaw River on August 30th, 1987. The cause of her death was a physical assault. The victim was last seen at the Southern Comfort Saloon on Highway 544 on August 29th, 1987. She was identified as Heidi Nicole Preston age fourteen. The victim was living with her sister in the Myrtle Beach section of Horry County, South Carolina.

Bumping this thread. It's so sad the attention surrounding the 10-year anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance has faded, and the case has been relegated back into the shadows of people's minds. I really hope the FBI wasn't just paying lip service to the people still searching for answers and justice in this case, and the anniversary has generated some new leads which are being followed up.

I keep wondering about the "evidence" the private investigator has in the safe. He claims it was "cadaver dogs" which hit on something at that spot, and that physical evidence was recovered related to Brittanee's case. Based on what Chad D has stated in the past, it can be assumed her DNA was lifted from whatever it was they found, and that Da'Shaun had some role in leading them to that spot. I doubt it was any part of Brittanee's physical remains (since that would be a huge discovery, be proof of death, and probably be enough to get arrests), but it had to be something which contained or came into contact with decaying human remains (not necessarily Brittanee's) at some point to trigger the cadaver dogs. Seems most likely it was some sort of blanket/tarp/rug that was used to wrap Brittanee's body after she was killed. And it seems like the kind of detail that could be matched up to Brown's original story from the stash house to either corroborate or refute it. After all, he did claim he witnessed a body wrapped up and taken away.

In the meantime, isn't it about time for Da'Shaun to get out of his grandma's house and go spend some quality time in prison??

I remember seeing that PI on a video say they had evidence in a safe, but was not able use it because of the chain of custody it was obtained.

I remember seeing that PI on a video say they had evidence in a safe, but was not able use it because of the chain of custody it was obtained.

Actually what he said was he thought those concerns about the chain of custody could be overcome because the individuals involved in its collection were experienced former LE officers who knew how to handle evidence. Maybe he’s being overly optimistic in believing that evidence would be admissible, but we won’t know for sure until there’s “enough” evidence and some prosecutor shows the courage to take this case to trial.

Man once suspected in Drexel disappearance to be sentenced on robbery charge

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - A McClellanville man once named a suspect in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel will be sentenced next month for an unrelated crime.

Timothy Taylor is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court on Dec. 9 in a 2011 holdup of a Mount Pleasant fast food restaurant.

Taylor was accused of being the getaway driver in the robbery.

His attorneys said Taylor had to plead guilty to the robbery charge because he already admitted guilt in state court and was given probation.

Taylor faces up to ten years in prison.

dropping back in many many months later again for Brittanee

2020 the hope justice will finally be served for her this year

if her family reads this somehow, there are people out there holding out hope with you that she will be coming home very soon and whoever did this will be put away for a long time and that there are a lot of people who still care about what happened to Brittanee, look at this thread so many dedicated people still wanting a resolution for Brittanee and your family, we are all hoping its coming very soon

Last edited:
Eleven years. Should have been solved a decade ago, and those responsible should be dead or wasting away in prison with no chance for parole. Still hoping for resolution. I'm here for the duration either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni