GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well, I guess I was wrong she appears to have a new benefactor, some billionaire who has the same area of interest as she does, so I feel stupid.

Billionaire immigration crusader: Employee innocent in murder-for-hire plot

Is he a sugar daddy or employer?

He was her employer. I don't think she works for his immigration reform group anymore. She is no longer listed on their website as executive director. The main focus of the IMPAC fund is to raise funds for the defense of undocumented residents. Wendi Adelson's name is a big deterrent in much needed donations. It's no wonder they distanced themselves from her.

There is still a movement for DM. Here's snip of this article dated Monday, August 26, 2019

Justice For Dan Markel FB Group Urges Protest Of Wendi Adelson's Appearance At Miami Book Event

https://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof...-dan-markel-fb-group-protests-wendi-adelsons-

appearance-at-miami-book-event.html

snipped

The Facebook group Justice For Dan, formed by Dan's friend Jason Solomon (Stanford), is urging followers to

protest:

Let's reach out to them and say this: please reconsider appearing with (or featuring) Wendi Adelson —

someone who separates families in her own life — at an event about opposing migrant family separation.

There is still a movement for DM. Here's snip of this article dated Monday, August 26, 2019

Justice For Dan Markel FB Group Urges Protest Of Wendi Adelson's Appearance At Miami Book Event

https://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof...-dan-markel-fb-group-protests-wendi-adelsons-

snipped

The Facebook group Justice For Dan, formed by Dan's friend Jason Solomon (Stanford), is urging followers to

protest:

Let's reach out to them and say this: please reconsider appearing with (or featuring) Wendi Adelson —

someone who separates families in her own life — at an event about opposing migrant family separation.

Justice For Dan also has a petition urging WA to let the Markel family see their grandchildren. Their post:

We're now advertising the petition in and around Miami Beach, where Wendi and her parents currently live, and Coral Springs, where they used to live.

Hopefully Wendi is seriously considering the more than 600 signatures, and more than 200 heartfelt comments, from the U.S., Canada, and around the world. Want to make sure that she -- and Harvey, Donna and Charlie -- are hearing from people in their communities as well.

https://www.ipetitions.com/…/let-dan-markels-parents-see-th…

He was her employer. I don't think she works for his immigration reform group anymore. She is no longer listed on their website as executive director. The main focus of the IMPAC fund is to raise funds for the defense of undocumented residents. Wendi Adelson's name is a big deterrent in much needed donations. It's no wonder they distanced themselves from her.
I think she was featured on the webpage at one point. She was also featured in an video ad for the company/project. I am pretty sure it was for the IMPAC fund but I can no longer find it.

I wonder why Above the Law did not publish something like
TaxProf Blog: Leiter: Was Wendi Adelson Involved In Dan Markel's Murder?
and
Brian Leiter's Law School Reports
and jason solomon's activities in bringing to light Wendi's evil being and involvement in murder and post-murder
Bad reporting is not only reporting badly but not reporting on material things and updating an initially bogus stance once information comes to light.
WA hopefully will be arrested. and she will testify against her brother in his trial. and he will cut a deal and testify against her.

snipped

protest:

Let's sic the Westboro Baptist Church on her.

interesting to listen to Lacasse's testimony again. keep in mind that June 4 was the first murder attempt. July 18 was the murder.

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 3 Witnesses: Jeffrey LaCasse & Stephen Lutes

Last edited:
Yes, it rubbed the me wrong way at the time. I remember stumbling across this in 2016. It is really just ridiculous. What is she searching the web about herself? I think this particular blog got under her skin as it was a peer of DA's even though the blogger always seemed to be pro WA. I also did not understand the need to get her lawyer involved after all she is a lawyer and has meet this guy before. He even says it was to get the message out to other groups like WS.

Also in 2016 she put herself out there on the writing podcast. And least we forget she is a famous author so good luck suing the entire internet for defamation.

here is a little of WA in her own words:

Adelson writes: “I’m not really okay. I list the things that are going well when people ask this question. My children are thriving and happy, we live with my parents who are incredibly devoted to our well-being. I started my own immigration practice, and I just signed up to do a one-year clerkship with the federal Eleventh Circuit in September, which means I can get off Obamacare and have one year guaranteed of a steady income.”

“But the truth is that I miss my life. I was a professor at Florida State University College of Law. I was so proud to be a public interest attorney and a mentor to my students. The novel I had just written about my clients’ stories had just been chosen as the common read for all first-year students at FSU. In August I was supposed to be the commencement speaker, and then I was supposed to take my brain-cancer-surviving, just-turned seventy father on a trip to Machu Picchu.”

“And I don’t get to complain that I didn’t do any of those things, because I am alive,” she concluded.

Ex-Wife of Murdered Florida Law Professor, Whose Family Police Have Tied to His Death: 'This is My Side of the Story'

Thank you for this post, so she is a Princess And The Pea it would appear, can't be happy no matter what. Humm.. When I worked for those ambulance chasers in Dallas in the late 80's early 90's they went to classes to try and help the immigrants in Dallas, there was this one lawyer who was raking it in and my guys could not understand how she was doing it as they could not seem to find a way to actually get them citizenship so they gave up. maybe things have changed now but it was so difficult and so much red tape back then they didn't want to take their money and not get them their citizenship. Turns out this lawyer was Catherine somebody sorry I cannot recall her last name but she was running a scam and shot and killed her paralegals' hubby and her over the job issues when the paralegal left and started her own firm. Appeared you didn't need a law license to offer that service which my guys said was just a scam in their opinion. I guess things have changed for the immigrants and I hope for the better.

interesting to listen to Lacasse's testimony again. keep in mind that June 4 was the first murder attempt. July 18 was the murder.

Thank you I am listening again right now and it is very eye opening. I did not see your reference to June 4th earlier that was one HUGE question I had.

Thank you for this post, so she is a Princess And The Pea it would appear, can't be happy no matter what. Humm.. When I worked for those ambulance chasers in Dallas in the late 80's early 90's they went to classes to try and help the immigrants in Dallas, there was this one lawyer who was raking it in and my guys could not understand how she was doing it as they could not seem to find a way to actually get them citizenship so they gave up. maybe things have changed now but it was so difficult and so much red tape back then they didn't want to take their money and not get them their citizenship. Turns out this lawyer was Catherine somebody sorry I cannot recall her last name but she was running a scam and shot and killed her paralegals' hubby and her over the job issues when the paralegal left and started her own firm. Appeared you didn't need a law license to offer that service which my guys said was just a scam in their opinion. I guess things have changed for the immigrants and I hope for the better.

was attorney's name Catherine Shelton??

@34:00 did I hear this lawyer practically defending WA instead of KM in his line of questioning? What a bizarre set of questions

She is guilty as sin. They all are. This was premediated by all the A's. In fact I think they should be designated as a gang so that can be an aggravating factor. I would love to see all their phone records for June 4th.

Lacasse definitely thinks he was being set-up, also according to his testimony he was interviewed 3x.

LaCasse testifies to the July 13th hitman conversation:

Question: So out of nowhere she tells you Charlie was going to go look to hire a hitman who's going to cost fifteen or fifty thousand dollars and you don't go back to that?

Answer: I believe preceding that was a discussion that if anything ever happened to Danny she would move to Miami I think I've spoken to the investigator about that previously
I had not caught that before. DM is young. What is going to happen to DM. Well we know what happened. He was murdered 5 days later.
I extracted the transcript from the Law and Crime youtube channel. It is very crude it is generated from the video. There are typos and you can not tell who is asking the questions but I prefer to read....

Attachments

• lacasse testimony.pdf
    168.8 KB · Views: 13

Yeppers thanks this was her I believe. I think she has settled down in her advanced age by now surely but she was a pistol in her day. One of the lawyers I worked for went to school with her and saw her at court when she worked out of Dallas. He overheard her bitchin about some client-only giving her 2500 dollars for some case and my lawyer was like hey I would buy them at least lunch for paying me that much LOL My guys were constantly complaining their clients never paid them. I think IMO that was a ruse to keep the office and their dates from knowing how much money they really had which IMO was bundles LOL

@34:00 did I hear this lawyer practically defending WA instead of KM in his line of questioning? What a bizarre set of questions
I took those questions as an effort to contrast what happened to KM -- she was handcuffed at gunpoint etc whereas JL was asked to come in and questioned. Trying to develop sympathy for way LE treated KM -- happened fairly often in the trial. JMO.

I need to clarify the paralegal was shot but lived, it was her hubby poor guy that was killed. According to the paralegal, she heard Cathrine's voice as another person pulled the trigger. They were both masked so she only heard the familiar voices but never actually saw Shelton. She managed to walk on charges over that murder too. Money and law degrees are two obstacles in the way of getting justice when they decide to commit crimes sadly.

:);) How many murderers are you connected to? LOL :p

I took those questions as an effort to contrast what happened to KM -- she was handcuffed at gunpoint etc whereas JL was asked to come in and questioned. Trying to develop sympathy for way LE treated KM -- happened fairly often in the trial. JMO.
okay, I was like really confused and wondering what his point was, the line was just so convoluted to me anyway

:);) How many murderers are you connected to? LOL :p
a few in my day LOL I loathed criminals and refused to do criminal work. I stayed at the office and signed up civil cases for those two sharks while they roamed around the courthouse looking for stragglers who showed up to court w/o a lawyer. I did one murder case for them, dumped on my desk 2 weeks before trial and one rape case which is a long story, after that I said NO NO NO they knew how I felt about criminal work lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288